AC77

I-751 February 2019 Filers

1,404 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, chrissandra said:

Hi guys!

I just wanted to share a glimpse of hope with you. 🤞

Our ROC (SRC) was moved from Texas SC to Lee's Summit in April of 2020 (that's 14 months from sending the paperwork).  Luckily we caught movement on the old site (but didn't receive notification by snailmail as we were supposed to) which also we never looked at before. We just used our account created on a new site to check progress with our case.  

We sent out email inquiry and waited a month to get some kind of information back. After waiting a month and a half and no information, I gave them a call and I was told they will send the notification by mail. 

We finally got notification in the mail in July.

Since my citizenship window opened 02/2020 I applied for citizenship on-line in February of 2020. 

In October I was given a date and time for my citizenship interview with ROC still pending.

My citizenship interview is scheduled for 11/02 and I was going nutz thinking about my pending ROC.

Today, 5 days before my interview, I have received a call from the USCIS (a real person not a recording) reminding me of my interview and informing me that in order to get to the citizenship part of the interview my husband should accompany me to the interview because i have 751 pending and that needed to be adjudicated first.

I hope all of you immigration warriors will start moving with your process as well!!! I am keeping fingers crossed for all of us....

Happy Hump Day  

Meryl Streep Cheers GIF by Cosmopolitan

Thank you for that information @chrissandra, I was trying to figure out the same thing. My ROC is pending, I am actually getting an I-551 extension stamp on Nov 2. I had applied for naturalization in Feb and just got scheduled for an interview Dec 1. I tried calling USCIS and using the online chat to figure out if its going to be a combo interview and if my spouse needs to accompany me. But online chat was useless and couldnt get hold of a real person on the phone which didn't help either.

I left an email but not counting on hearing back. I guess if I dont hear anything i'll have my spouse come with me to the interview. At worst they dont let her in because of COVID restrictions and she has to wait outside. Hopefully its good weather that day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, ArSa_Tornado said:

Thank you for that information @chrissandra, I was trying to figure out the same thing. My ROC is pending, I am actually getting an I-551 extension stamp on Nov 2. I had applied for naturalization in Feb and just got scheduled for an interview Dec 1. I tried calling USCIS and using the online chat to figure out if its going to be a combo interview and if my spouse needs to accompany me. But online chat was useless and couldnt get hold of a real person on the phone which didn't help either.

I left an email but not counting on hearing back. I guess if I dont hear anything i'll have my spouse come with me to the interview. At worst they dont let her in because of COVID restrictions and she has to wait outside. Hopefully its good weather that day :)

@ArSa_Tornado - i think you are going through exactly the same thing as I did.

I was calling to get an infopass appointment but the wait on hold was crazy, and one time i did actually got a person on the phone and tried getting some kind of information about my (yours too) situation - help was not that great.

I was told on the phone that regardless of my pending ROC I should go for my citizenship interview. I then asked about my extension stamp to what she told me to call when it is a month before expiring. I tried a couple of times and then i decided to send them an email from my USCIS account asking about pending ROC and stamping my extension letter. The email I got back was generic response with no help.

It basically said that I should call to set up an infopass appointment.

At that point I said to myself, whatever happens happens. I stopped stressing over it. And at that very point is (5 days before my interview) when I received a phone call telling me that my hubby needs to come for 751 adjudication before I get to have my citizenship interview.

He was coming with me in the first place for the interview (and waited in the car) so it seems to have worked out fine. lol

I am not sure if me poking and sending them an email reminded them of our pending ROC case or not, but after that email things started to happen.

Let me know if you need any help with anything. Hopefully we will have this stress behind us soon!!

Edited by chrissandra

4 hours ago, chrissandra said:

@ArSa_Tornado - i think you are going through exactly the same thing as I did.

I was calling to get an infopass appointment but the wait on hold was crazy, and one time i did actually got a person on the phone and tried getting some kind of information about my (yours too) situation - help was not that great.

I was told on the phone that regardless of my pending ROC I should go for my citizenship interview. I then asked about my extension stamp to what she told me to call when it is a month before expiring. I tried a couple of times and then i decided to send them an email from my USCIS account asking about pending ROC and stamping my extension letter. The email I got back was generic response with no help.

It basically said that I should call to set up an infopass appointment.

At that point I said to myself, whatever happens happens. I stopped stressing over it. And at that very point is (5 days before my interview) when I received a phone call telling me that my hubby needs to come for 751 adjudication before I get to have my citizenship interview.

He was coming with me in the first place for the interview (and waited in the car) so it seems to have worked out fine. lol

I am not sure if me poking and sending them an email reminded them of our pending ROC case or not, but after that email things started to happen.

Let me know if you need any help with anything. Hopefully we will have this stress behind us soon!!

Hopefully yes. Good luck with your interview. Please do let us know how it goes. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ArSa_Tornado said:

Hopefully yes. Good luck with your interview. Please do let us know how it goes. 

@ArSa_Tornado thank you!! I definitely will, you do the same. 
I keeping fingers crossed for you guys too...

Hello everyone, 

I don't mean to bring negative vibes here, but I don't want to feel alone in this process. I filed my I751 (Waiver) on Feb/28/2020 In Texas. Are there people from Feb 2019 still waiting?

My case was showing transferred to local office since Jan/17/2020 until before yesterday, where transferred to local office changed back to case was received. What in the world is happening. and where is my case. I got a hold of USCIS rep yesterday. She said my case is still in Texas. and basically didn't give me anymore info more than what's online. Also, yesterday I have submitted an E-request.

Where do I stand in this process? and is this normal, given the fact that I submitted tons of docs and used what he called himself an experienced lawyer as well as submitted a letter from my EX and family to support my case. 

I apologize for the lengthy post!  

51 minutes ago, RoseLK said:

Hello everyone, 

I don't mean to bring negative vibes here, but I don't want to feel alone in this process. I filed my I751 (Waiver) on Feb/28/2020 In Texas. Are there people from Feb 2019 still waiting?

My case was showing transferred to local office since Jan/17/2020 until before yesterday, where transferred to local office changed back to case was received. What in the world is happening. and where is my case. I got a hold of USCIS rep yesterday. She said my case is still in Texas. and basically didn't give me anymore info more than what's online. Also, yesterday I have submitted an E-request.

Where do I stand in this process? and is this normal, given the fact that I submitted tons of docs and used what he called himself an experienced lawyer as well as submitted a letter from my EX and family to support my case. 

I’m assuming you filed Feb 2019 and it’s a typo on your post. I believe there’s quite a few people who filed in Feb and are still waiting. My green card+extension basically expired today and haven’t heard anything. I think with COVID everything got delayed as if it wasn’t already slow. The change in status could be anything from a website update or a movement in your application. There’s no way to know really. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon. If you’ve applied a waiver application, I’ve heard you can expect an interview to prove that it was a legitimate marriage that didn’t work. 

Also as long as you’ve applied in time your status is legal. If the extension is expiring try and get an ADIT stamp to extend it for another year. That’s useful if you want to travel abroad for whatever reason or you’re switching jobs. 

Edited by ArSa_Tornado

1 hour ago, ArSa_Tornado said:

I’m assuming you filed Feb 2019 and it’s a typo on your post. I believe there’s quite a few people who filed in Feb and are still waiting. My green card+extension basically expired today and haven’t heard anything. I think with COVID everything got delayed as if it wasn’t already slow. The change in status could be anything from a website update or a movement in your application. There’s no way to know really. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon. If you’ve applied a waiver application, I’ve heard you can expect an interview to prove that it was a legitimate marriage that didn’t work. 

Also as long as you’ve applied in time your status is legal. If the extension is expiring try and get an ADIT stamp to extend it for another year. That’s useful if you want to travel abroad for whatever reason or you’re switching jobs. 

Arsa: Sorry that was a typo, yes,  Feb 2019 is when I applied. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am definitely expecting an interview. I just wanna get the freaking interview and get over it. I even applied for humanitarian expedite, and they assigned it to an officer then 2 days later, it said unassigned. (Humanitarian because my dad passed away while I'm stuck here waiting for this interview!). Anyways congratulations for getting your interview and good luck to everyone.

9 hours ago, RoseLK said:

Arsa: Sorry that was a typo, yes,  Feb 2019 is when I applied. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am definitely expecting an interview. I just wanna get the freaking interview and get over it. I even applied for humanitarian expedite, and they assigned it to an officer then 2 days later, it said unassigned. (Humanitarian because my dad passed away while I'm stuck here waiting for this interview!). Anyways congratulations for getting your interview and good luck to everyone.

All the best to you too @RoseLK, both @chrissandra's and my interview are for naturalization though. That usually moves a bit quicker. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ArSa_Tornado said:

All the best to you too @RoseLK, both @chrissandra's and my interview are for naturalization though. That usually moves a bit quicker. 

@ArSa_Tornado I am so excited about my interview on Monday!! I started counting how many times do I get to go to sleep 🤞 before the interview. And of course, what will I wear 😁 

Your combo interview will be here before you know it. Trust me!! I can't wait to hear how it went....

@RoseLK do not apologize for sharing your anxiety and feelings. If anyone, we all on-here understand how you feel and hopefully we will put your mind at ease. At least a little bit.  @ArSa_Tornado was on point when mentioned those couple of things that might be wrong. This year is a special year in so many ways. I believe reaching out to them will not help a lot but it will give YOU a sense that you are doing something and time will go faster.  At lease that was in my case. 

In no time, your immigration journey will come to the end and you will be sharing your story and your happiness with all of us. 

Happy Friday guys

friday GIF

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, chrissandra said:

Hi guys!

I just wanted to share a glimpse of hope with you. 🤞

Our ROC (SRC) was moved from Texas SC to Lee's Summit in April of 2020 (that's 14 months from sending the paperwork).  Luckily we caught movement on the old site (but didn't receive notification by snailmail as we were supposed to) which also we never looked at before. We just used our account created on a new site to check progress with our case.  

We sent out email inquiry and waited a month to get some kind of information back. After waiting a month and a half and no information, I gave them a call and I was told they will send the notification by mail. 

We finally got notification in the mail in July.

Since my citizenship window opened 02/2020 I applied for citizenship on-line in February of 2020. 

In October I was given a date and time for my citizenship interview with ROC still pending.

My citizenship interview is scheduled for 11/02 and I was going nutz thinking about my pending ROC.

Today, 5 days before my interview, I have received a call from the USCIS (a real person not a recording) reminding me of my interview and informing me that in order to get to the citizenship part of the interview my husband should accompany me to the interview because i have 751 pending and that needed to be adjudicated first.

I hope all of you immigration warriors will start moving with your process as well!!! I am keeping fingers crossed for all of us....

Happy Hump Day  

Meryl Streep Cheers GIF by Cosmopolitan

That is good news. I filed for my citizenship too in April 2020 and my I751 April 2019.  The  I751 is also pending. I feel really good knowing that they are giving you a combo interview. Maybe mine will be the same. I thought that would have happened ,but hearing someone speaks about it put more hopes into me.

Timeline
1 hour ago, katalaya said:

That is good news. I filed for my citizenship too in April 2020 and my I751 April 2019.  The  I751 is also pending. I feel really good knowing that they are giving you a combo interview. Maybe mine will be the same. I thought that would have happened ,but hearing someone speaks about it put more hopes into me.

@katalaya I know exactly how you feel!! 

I was going crazy. Kinda like i see the end but not. I was afraid I will go through the citizenship portion of the process but will have to wait (some more) about ROC adjudication. 

I was floored after that phone call from the USCIS. 

I do hope it happens to you too and soon!

Keep me posted...there is nothing better then hearing a great news from people going through this journey. Goosebumps are inevitable ;)   

17 hours ago, RoseLK said:

Hello everyone, 

Hello!

I’m and Aug 2018 waiver filer also waiting for my interview. I had it scheduled for March, got a COVID cancellation and I have not been rescheduled.

I have seen only one I-751 ONLY person getting an interview and it was not a waiver. 

I don’t think they are scheduling our particular category at the moment although I have no concrete proof or info to share that confirms that “hunch.”

I’ve seen N-400 combos and adjustment of status peeps but no conditions waivers.

Can anyone please prove me wrong??? The wait is so annoying

Timeline

@ArSa_Tornado my interview today was surreal...I’m still thinking about it as I’m sipping on my bourbon 🥃...

we came a little early but were allowed to get in and get our number. My appointment was at 1:20 but our number got called an hour later...we were taken to the office...my husband was with me (as they have asked him to come) but he was  not asked a single question...the officer went through our paperwork but not really conducting an interview..i took it as verifying information...and without any transition  I was asked to read a sentence, write that same sentence, asked civics questions and told i was approved. My green card should be in the mail and my oath ceremony date will bE sent by snailmail....all in all maybe 30 minutes of combo ROC and citizenship....

you are next!!! 

good luck to all you immigration warriors 

22 minutes ago, chrissandra said:

@ArSa_Tornado my interview today was surreal...I’m still thinking about it as I’m sipping on my bourbon 🥃...

we came a little early but were allowed to get in and get our number. My appointment was at 1:20 but our number got called an hour later...we were taken to the office...my husband was with me (as they have asked him to come) but he was  not asked a single question...the officer went through our paperwork but not really conducting an interview..i took it as verifying information...and without any transition  I was asked to read a sentence, write that same sentence, asked civics questions and told i was approved. My green card should be in the mail and my oath ceremony date will bE sent by snailmail....all in all maybe 30 minutes of combo ROC and citizenship....

you are next!!! 

good luck to all you immigration warriors 

That is amazing. Congratulations @chrissandra  reminds me of my initial green card interview which went very smoothly. I wish more people get immigration officers like that who are not trying to nitpick everything and find a way to reject applicants but instead help them with the process. 
I actually also went to USCIS today to get my green card extension stamp (I-551). Took 2 weeks to get someone to answer me to get an info pass appointment and all of 5/10 mins with the immigration officer. So I can leave the country if i need to without being worried about coming back in. 
I’ll update after my naturalization interview but surely time for you and your family to celebrate 🥃

On 10/30/2020 at 6:37 AM, chrissandra said:

@RoseLK do not apologize for sharing your anxiety and feelings. If anyone, we all on-here understand how you feel and hopefully we will put your mind at ease. At least a little bit.  @ArSa_Tornado was on point when mentioned those couple of things that might be wrong. This year is a special year in so many ways. I believe reaching out to them will not help a lot but it will give YOU a sense that you are doing something and time will go faster.  At lease that was in my case. 

In no time, your immigration journey will come to the end and you will be sharing your story and your happiness with all of us. 

Happy Friday guys

@chrissandra Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations! I wish you all the best. I feel better when I see some of us getting forward in their immigration journey :) I hope I get good news soon too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.