AC77

I-751 February 2019 Filers

1,404 posts in this topic

Hi all,

an update (or not!) and a question!

My case was originally in California WAC and I received the 18 month ext, then I received a letter in March saying "We have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition listed above. As part of standard processing, we transferred your case to the USCIS office listed below .... That office will notify you in writing when they make a decision on your case or if they need further information" So I had been transferred to National Benefits office. Then in May I received another letter to say "In order to speed up processing, we transferred the application to....." And it had been transferred back to California Service Center. Since I have heard nothing else and I have not received bio appointment etc. It all seems strange to me to be moved twice and then hear nothing as well. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Anyway, I have to travel back to the UK to see my sister and I leave next week. On my flight reservation it asks you to enter GC expiry but I didn't want to put it as expired because it has the 18 month extension. Has anyone else had this and if so did you just calculate the date of expiry as the end of the 18 month extension or did you put in the date on the green card? Any advice appreciated! I am nervous about traveling with only the letter confirmation too but I do have to travel so just wondering how best to avoid any issues along the way!

Cheers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scotland2Cali said:

Hi all,

an update (or not!) and a question!

My case was originally in California WAC and I received the 18 month ext, then I received a letter in March saying "We have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition listed above. As part of standard processing, we transferred your case to the USCIS office listed below .... That office will notify you in writing when they make a decision on your case or if they need further information" So I had been transferred to National Benefits office. Then in May I received another letter to say "In order to speed up processing, we transferred the application to....." And it had been transferred back to California Service Center. Since I have heard nothing else and I have not received bio appointment etc. It all seems strange to me to be moved twice and then hear nothing as well. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Anyway, I have to travel back to the UK to see my sister and I leave next week. On my flight reservation it asks you to enter GC expiry but I didn't want to put it as expired because it has the 18 month extension. Has anyone else had this and if so did you just calculate the date of expiry as the end of the 18 month extension or did you put in the date on the green card? Any advice appreciated! I am nervous about traveling with only the letter confirmation too but I do have to travel so just wondering how best to avoid any issues along the way!

Cheers!

We added 18 months to the expiration date on the GC and had no problems with the airline check-in.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:39 PM, gregcrs2 said:

We added 18 months to the expiration date on the GC and had no problems with the airline check-in.

Awesome, Thanks. I will do that too. It didn't seem right to put an expired date in!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 6/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, Katia2017 said:

What is your time line? Has your case always been with Nebraska? 

That's a good question, around mid May I got several notifications via email that my case was moved to my local office (probably for the biometrics?).  But the case number is always LIN so I do not know exactly what office is processing it. Latest update says "will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you". So I am just hanging in the darkness as usual.

I-751 Lifting Conditions
Filed:  2/20/2019
Received by USCIS: 2/25/2019

I-797 Date: 2/28/2019

Biometric Notice received: 6/22/2019

Biometric Appointment scheduled for: 7/12/2019

Biometric Appointment walk in: 6/24/2019
ROC request approved: 8/25/2019
10 Years Green Card received: 10/25/2019

N400 Naturalization

Form Mailed to USCIS: 3/17/2020
Form Received by USCIS: 3/20/2020
NOA: 3/25/2020
Notice of Biometrics Reused: 8/7/2020
Notice of Interview Scheduled: 8/10/2020
Interview: 9/21/2020
Oath Ceremony: 10/9/2020

US Passport

Application filled and sent to Dept of State: 10/9/2020

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

There’s been no movement here, any LIN filers got their Bio appt yet?

AOS

Spoiler

05/19/2016 [Day 0] - Filed I-130/I-485/EAD/AP

05/22/2016 [Day 3] - Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox and signed by R Mercado

05/23/2016 [Day 4] - Priority date sent on my NOA1 emails

05/27/2016 [Day 8] - Biometric fee received date (Checked on the website)

05/31/2016 [Day 12] - Checks cashed

06/01/2016 [Day 13] - x4 NOA1 emails and text received

06/04/2016 [Day 16] - x4 NOA1 Letters received with the A number and Priority Date

06/10/2016 [Day 22] - Biometrics letter received in the mail

06/13/2016 [Day 25] - Biometrics appointment early walk-in, Alexandria, VA

06/22/2016 [Day 34] - Biometrics appointment scheduled

07/12/2016 [Day 54] - Case updated online, RFIE I-485, I-864 proof of income (for real?)

07/16/2016 [Day 58] - Received RFIE yellow letter

07/26/2016 [Day 68] - Touch

07/28/2016 [Day 70] - Response to RFIE sent

07/30/2016 [Day 72] - Response to RFIE delivered

08/02/2016 [Day 75] - Response to RFIE received

08/11/2016 [Day 84] - EAD and AP approved, card being produced YASSS!!!

08/24/2016 [Day 97] - EAD on hand!

12/09/2016 [Day 205] - Interview date

02/16/2017 [Day 273] - GC Approval date

02/24/2017 [Day 281] - GC on hand

ROC

Spoiler

02/05/2019 [Day 0] - Filed I-751 RoC

02/06/2019 [Day 1] - Package arrived at Lewisville Lockbox (Received date shown in I-797)

02/08/2019 [Day 3] - Receipt date of I-797 NOA

02/11/2019 [Day 6] - Received SMS with case number

02/12/2019 [Day 7] - Check cashed

02/15/2019 [Day 10] - Received I-797 NOA Extending Green card for 18 months dated 2/8/2019

09/04/2019 [Day 211] - Biometrics appointment

03/10/2020 [Day 399] - 10 Year GC Approved, no interview

N400

10/11/2020 [Day 0] - Filed N-400 Naturalization

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, manilatoatlanta said:

We're all in the dead zone waiting..... 

You're lucky you had biometrics already.  We all feel stuck and just waiting. 

Considering how much this administration discriminate & look down upon immigrants especially non white immigrants, and their plans to limit legal immigration , i can’t help wondering whether the non white immigrant applications are the ones that are getting radio silence from USCIS 

just a thought

8 hours ago, sree_yash said:

Considering how much this administration discriminate & look down upon immigrants especially non white immigrants, and their plans to limit legal immigration , i can’t help wondering whether the non white immigrant applications are the ones that are getting radio silence from USCIS 

just a thought

My husband and I are both white and there is dead silence on his application (LIN). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, DennaJen said:

My wife received a text message that her card is being produced. Does this mean we get to skip the interview and her conditions are lifted?

yes!! congratulation!! very good surprise!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.