Jcastaneda15

Looks like NVC is moving along with interview dates in Ciudad Juarez

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have been seeing many people in Facebook pages saying they just today found out that they got their interview date. These are people that had CC dates at the end of May and all throughout June. Looks like people with CC dates at the end of June also got interview dates in Ciudad Juarez. fingers crossed it continues to go this fast.

Timeline

Yes we got our email yesterday for my husband interview in Juarez set for March 26, 2019.  We have been waiting since June 6, 2018.

Awesome! Glad to see appointments going out. It is frustrating not to hear anyone getting appointments. I hope it continues to go this fast. I can't stand the wait any more.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/31/2019 at 1:29 PM, Vazquez520 said:

Yes we got our email yesterday for my husband interview in Juarez set for March 26, 2019.  We have been waiting since June 6, 2018.

I have my interview on the same day! 🤞🤞🤞

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
19 hours ago, NormaRae said:

Hi, is there any way you could give me the name of those groups on Facebook. I’m new on here and still haven’t got the hang of it.

I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (Perdon) & I-601 Ciudad Juárez

Citados al consulado en Cd Juarez

601-A Provicional Unlawful Presence Waiver

these are the 3 groups I belong to. They help alot!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a question hopefully someone can help - my husband & I just got a email from the NVC that he is now in queue for an interview & that if he’s over 16 he will need a police certificate.  He was brought from Mexico to the US around 6 years old , I am aware of how to obtain the police certificate in Mexico but I am having issues of obtaining one in the US I contacted the state police & they told me he would have to get finger prints. He only has a Mexican passport & I’d from the Mexican consulate which they told me neither of those are accepted - how did yous go about obtaining a police certificate in the US?  

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

@Kaitlynx0 im not sure about the police certificate for U.S but my husband was sent a letter from nvc i believe  with an appointment and date to get his fingerprints "biometrics" at a place local to us here in california it was about 20min from our house. so they scheduled it for us

Edited by A Parnala

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

How long does it take to get an interview scheduled at the Ciudad Juarez Consulate?? I petitioned for both of my parents last year in 2018. 

Priority Date is: February 14, 2018. (Country: Mexico)

I received a letter from the NVC on January, 09, 2019 -  Awaiting for an appointment interview at the Ciudad Juarez Consulate, 

but as of today 05/22/2019 we haven't received an interview yet.

Why are they taking too long to schedule an interview? 

Timeline
On 5/22/2019 at 6:34 AM, CamMex said:

How long does it take to get an interview scheduled at the Ciudad Juarez Consulate?? I petitioned for both of my parents last year in 2018. 

Priority Date is: February 14, 2018. (Country: Mexico)

I received a letter from the NVC on January, 09, 2019 -  Awaiting for an appointment interview at the Ciudad Juarez Consulate, 

but as of today 05/22/2019 we haven't received an interview yet.

Why are they taking too long to schedule an interview? 

My husband and I have been waiting a while, too. Our preference category is IR-1 and our priority date is March 28, 2016 (we had to do an I-601A waiver), and we received our NVC letter dated February 4, 2019 that stated all documentation was received. The letter also said that most appointments are set within 3 months, but it's now been almost 4. We were told that spouses of citizens are processed first, then spouses of permanent residents, then other family members.

I wonder if the consulate is overwhelmed with processing asylum applications for people in Juarez? Or is this just normal for the Juarez consulate?

Timeline
On 5/29/2019 at 11:12 AM, NohochMuuch said:

My husband and I have been waiting a while, too. Our preference category is IR-1 and our priority date is March 28, 2016 (we had to do an I-601A waiver), and we received our NVC letter dated February 4, 2019 that stated all documentation was received. The letter also said that most appointments are set within 3 months, but it's now been almost 4. We were told that spouses of citizens are processed first, then spouses of permanent residents, then other family members.

I wonder if the consulate is overwhelmed with processing asylum applications for people in Juarez? Or is this just normal for the Juarez consulate?

It's about a 9 month wait

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mauricio.alv11 said:

Does anybody know how long does it take to get an interview date for CR-1 visas? My wife’s case got closed on March 29 for Juarez embassy and still no appointment yet. Does anybody know something?

Thanks.

My husband and I have been waiting since Nov. 22, 2018 (Also CR-1). I have seen that others with CC dates in Sep. 2018 are just starting to get appointment notifications. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, mauricio.alv11 said:

Does anybody know how long does it take to get an interview date for CR-1 visas? My wife’s case got closed on March 29 for Juarez embassy and still no appointment yet. Does anybody know something?

Thanks.

It's taking about 9 months to get the interview. 

I'm currently waiting for my wife's interview since October 22nd, 2018. We're hoping we get notified in July to attend the interview in August, but at this point we don't even know.

Edited by nandojr
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate :  
Marriage (if applicable): 2018-01-26
I-130 Sent : 2018-02-08
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-02-13
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-08-02
NVC Received :  
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-10-12
Submit DS-261 :  
Receive IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Send IV Package : 2018-10-12
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :  
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-10-22
NVC Left :  
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date : 2019-10-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.