Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
14 minutes ago, cata & JB said:

I just hung up with NVC... we have our Case Number!!!! i hope they send our case to Bogota next 19

The first three letters of your case number should be what embassy it's going to. If it's not the ones for Bogota, you can contact the Bogota embassy to request a transfer of your file there.

and Congrats on getting your case number!!

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, JMEngland said:

Yea there are places to pay a couple bucks and they'll hold your stuff. there's also a couple little trucks that do passport photos. they are good, if they weren't, the embassy wouldn't let them just sit out there and prey on people. best course of action is just have someone accompany her though and wait, if they don't mind waiting an hour or so for it to all be done. 

I'd check DHL. you can use Ukrainian mail services (novaya pochte is the better one, the other big one, forgot the name, I found to be awful in my experience with it). both are shady at best and a lot of stuff gets lost. expect a ridiculous fee for postage. might instead look into what it would cost to bring an extra bag on the flight and what overweight bag fees would be. best course of action here, only bring what you actually need and throw away or donate the rest. ive already stocked Tina's closet here with all new clothes and I plan to take her to Walmart and Target once she arrives to get the last few things I didn't buy. she's coming with one suitcase, already packed, including gifts and stuff for the family. I'm sure your fiancee is wanting to bring all her electronics like hair dryers and all that. don't. they use 220 with a completely different prong. it's cheaper to buy a new hair dryer than a converter. this will apply to most personal electronics. 

JM, would you or any others with Ukraine interests know what time the "locker trucks" open for business outside the US Embassy in Kyiv? 

Iryna went for her medical visit yesterday and other individuals suggested the trucks didn't open until 8 a.m.? 

That seems a bit illogical to me but it is UA )) Her appointment on the 27th is at 8 a.m. so in her way, she's very nervous about having access to put her stuff in a locker prior to entering for her interview.  Knowing her, she will likely want to be there by 0645 lol.

2 hours ago, cata & JB said:

I just hung up with NVC... we have our Case Number!!!! i hope they send our case to Bogota next 19

What's the first 3 letters of your case number. That's what will speak volumes' to where you will have your interview. If it is wrong here is how you transfer it from one embassy to another.

If you wish to have your immigrant/fiancée visa file transferred from one Embassy to another U.S. Embassy/Consulate, please contact the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate directly in the country where you wish to apply and follow their instructions for case transfer. Please click here for the full list of all U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas.

The old Embassy will need to receive a formal file transfer request from that U.S. Embassy/Consulate in the country where you wish to apply. Upon receipt of this request, they will immediately forward the file for the New Embassy to process.

Once you contact your New Embassy you then can discuss the transfer of your fee. Be sure to have your payment receipt available.

If your case goes from embassy to embassy then NO you don't get a new case number. The case number will began with original alpha nomenclature ie. AAAXXXXXXXXXX. If her case comes from NVC then you will have a case number starting with the embassy that you will interview in. To make your payment using your old embassy's case number you establish your profile with that case number then you link your payment to your profile. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Swafford said:

JM, would you or any others with Ukraine interests know what time the "locker trucks" open for business outside the US Embassy in Kyiv? 

Iryna went for her medical visit yesterday and other individuals suggested the trucks didn't open until 8 a.m.? 

That seems a bit illogical to me but it is UA )) Her appointment on the 27th is at 8 a.m. so in her way, she's very nervous about having access to put her stuff in a locker prior to entering for her interview.  Knowing her, she will likely want to be there by 0645 lol.

Embassy doesn't just allow people to enter, they make them wait outside, and then let them in according to the appointment times and how full the queue at security check is. There is no place to sit outside, so I would advise against showing up super early even if weather warms up a bit by March 27. It is good to be there a bit early though. I am pretty sure trucks will open once the embassy opens, to do otherwise would mean losing money, having said that, we were there sometime after 8 as our appointment was later in the day, and they were open. I suggest you review Ukrainian embassy reviews. https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ukraine A few people report they had 8 am appointments and they reported no issues with storage trucks. 

Edited by Shiran

5 hours ago, emeline29 said:

I'm under the impression the consulate will email with me an interview time. I don't think I can schedule online.

When I read the P3 letter for your Embassy it doesn't state that you must wait for the consulate to schedule your appointment. It does give you how and what to bring to the interview. I think I once gave you these links. Use them as a check list for everything you'll need to complete and any documents required for the interview.

Read over this information and follow the instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ws5bsSQru7Axg8SthLUANj1kx5pm8QNG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKRc5bBmpL5fesrMAP1RRLwucTnjOB6Y/view?usp=sharing

Join the sub forum for Australia found here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Last go to the top of this page and under the tab "portals" on the blue ribbon choose it and then search for your country. Lots of information there.

When executing your AFP be sure you use "You would choose the Commonwealth employment/Purpose for your Purpose Type and then Code 33 for Immigration/Citizenship as your Purpose of Check."

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

We're under that impression, too. 

See above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

When I read the P3 letter for your Embassy it doesn't state that you must wait for the consulate to schedule your appointment. It does give you how and what to bring to the interview. I think I once gave you these links. Use them as a check list for everything you'll need to complete and any documents required for the interview.

Read over this information and follow the instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ws5bsSQru7Axg8SthLUANj1kx5pm8QNG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKRc5bBmpL5fesrMAP1RRLwucTnjOB6Y/view?usp=sharing

Join the sub forum for Australia found here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Last go to the top of this page and under the tab "portals" on the blue ribbon choose it and then search for your country. Lots of information there.

When executing your AFP be sure you use "You would choose the Commonwealth employment/Purpose for your Purpose Type and then Code 33 for Immigration/Citizenship as your Purpose of Check."

I don't know if this is accurate, but current website for US Embassy ins Australia states

Interviews are by appointment only.  Your K-1 fiancé(e) visa interview will be scheduled for you by the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney, upon receipt of your file from the National Visa Center (NVC).  Please bring a copy of your appointment letter to your interview.  You will not be admitted more than 15 minutes prior to the time shown and arriving too late may result in the cancellation of your appointment. You can expect to be at the Consulate for approximately two to three hours.

https://au.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

5 hours ago, emeline29 said:

Ahhh see mine is different. This is why I'm getting confused haha. Apparently Australia doesn't want the DS-160 number. 

They want the DS-160 at the interview and may not want it in your profile. Each embassy is different that is why I preach do not follow or ask other people in this thread about your process for your country. If they are from your country, that's fine but how is someone from Germany going to know about Sydney, Aus? Connect with those in your region who are experts.  Here is the regional link. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

This is straight from their P3 letter.

2019-03-12_18-56-28.jpg

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I don't know if this is accurate, but current website for US Embassy ins Australia states

https://au.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

This is much newer information then what I have. I was given this doc not long ago but after looking over the document I see it is dated 2015. Way to old to be accurate. I was made for a chump.

Thanks for catching that. I am going straight to my OneNote and update my information with what you have supplied. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

We just got our Case Number today too!!! Praise God!

Another thing I though that was worth sharing is that I got an ABD# instead of a MNL#-- despite indicating on our I-129F that I would be applying the visa in the Manila Embassy. (I live and work in Dubai and we put my Dubai Address down in the form, too)-- I am guessing they assumed since I live there, it would be the embassy I would go to.

Which is great because I am in Manila for the past 2 weeks, hoping that the MNL# comes through but I am due to fly back to Dubai on the 17th so this worked out really great, thank God!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, JMEngland said:

they don't send anything until they ship the packet to the Embassy. you need to call them to see if it arrived and get your case number. you have the same NOA2 date as me and my packet just arrived Friday. still tons of people around our date that haven't arrived though (or at least not confirmed) , so you aren't alone. 

Thank you, He did call NVC and got our case number.  Hopefully i'll get my packet soon. 

8 hours ago, Etek&Ahududu said:

Same for us, NOA2 of Feb 7, no updates of any kind. I haven't called, though, since it seems a colossal waste of time. 🤣 I'm just going to wait for the letter and for my beneficiary to be notified by the embassy. He can't travel here until June anyway, due to other obligations, so we're being chill about it for now. Hang in there!

My fiance called and got our case number, hoping to receive their mail soon. goodluck and thanks for the response! ❤️ 

Edited by Cammmy
added quote

12 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Okay, well can you let us know when they send you the "we're ready" email? I'm just trying to get a gauge on how long it takes for it. I bet you get it really soon. 

funny you should say that.... it just arrived when i got home from work today!

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
2 hours ago, Swafford said:

Its possible, because Ukraine is one of those places that people simply don't like to start work early. even most coffee places don't open until 9, even in Kyiv. Her best bet would be to simply swing by the Embassy a day or two before her appointment and talk to the people with the trucks directly. heresay will always be heresay, and just because they "usually" open at this time doesn't mean the owner won't have a hangover that morning and choose to open at 9 that day. Trust me, stuff like that happens there. Schedules are fluid and punctuality is not a value. All those services outside the Embassy are not affiliated with the Embassy and therefore operate on this "Ukrainian time" .

Ill piggyback off what Shiran said and recommend she not show up hours early and just be standing outside in the dark. They, as he stated, will not let her in until they are actually ready to process her. They are extremely strict on who comes in and when. Even as a clearance holding American employee of the Embassy with my official passport and Embassy access badge, I still couldn't just stroll into that area without a legitimate reason. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

funny you should say that.... it just arrived when i got home from work today!

awesome! so looks like 2 days for the packet to arrive, 5 days after that for the email then. seems in line with historic times. I'm thinking that if ours arrives on a Thursday as yours did, Wednesday should be safe. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.