Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Qwerty87 said:

Hi everyone,

So when I check my NVC number on the CEAC website it says my application is at the NVC but I need to follow six steps before the NVC can schedule my appointment, and that I have to submit various fees and documents to the NVC. Is this just a generic message or have I missed something?

You check under immigrant and any thing that is sent from NVC that says send them documents is wrong for a K-1. The embassy is responsible to receive all document if requested prior to the interview. Also, they will accept documents at the interview under directions to do so.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swafford said:

A couple of questions for those with Ukraine interests!  

1.  Tell me a little more about the places where one can check their phones, etc. near the US Embassy.  Is this a good idea?  Is it safe?

2.  I read several months ago about the best way to ship clothing, items etc. from Ukraine to the US.  The article recommended using basic Ukraine mail but when I discussed this with my fiance, she was unsure as to how or where one might do this.  I take it that the Ukrainian post office may be very different than what we in the US are familiar with.  Has anyone found a "best way" to ship things using either Ukrainian mail or another service?

Thanks in advance.

100 hryvnas to check cellphones and large bags across the embassy into trucks. They look kinda sketchy, but it seems to be perfectly safe. I had no issues with my phone. It is ok to take wallet with you.

Cheapest way is to carry with you in luggage. You are allowed 2 checked bags 23kg each, and 8 kg carry on per person but some airlines (Turkish in my experience) will allow you to bend rules a little, still even paying for extra/oversized luggage will be cheaper than shipping in most cases. If you are going there, that means you can help schlep  her things stateside by traveling there as light as possible. 

4 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Yea the she's coming with one suitcase, already packed, including gifts and stuff for the family.

sounds like Tali... she said she is only bringing 1-2 suitcases and leaving the rest with her daughter

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Though laptops and tablets and cell phones and the like will run fine on 110, which means you can use adapters you get for under $10 a 3-pack from Amazon. Whether a cell phone will support US bands or not may be in an issue, though.

Yes! thank you for clarifying this. Definitely don't go throwing out laptops, phones, tablets, etc. I was talking cheap things, like hair dryers, hair straighter, plug in clocks, kitchen type stuff, etc. not worth the trouble of dealing with voltage/plug differences for a used appliance. just buy her a pretty new one from walmart and call it good. probably better than whatever China unit she was using in Ukraine anyway. 

2 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Though laptops and tablets and cell phones and the like will run fine on 110, which means you can use adapters you get for under $10 a 3-pack from Amazon. Whether a cell phone will support US bands or not may be in an issue, though.

Cell phones, which are GSM in Europe, will work fine on AT&T or T-Mobile GSM networks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, wxman22 said:

Cell phones, which are GSM in Europe, will work fine on AT&T or T-Mobile GSM networks. 

Yea, you can usually just check the model number and compare bands. regardless, not worth throwing out. worst that'll happen is the 4g won't be as reliable or fast as it could be, but everything should still work. 

my mom brings phones from China that work on US networks, not the cheap knockoffs, but her ex husband apparently bought her a new iPhone that she has been using for about a year with no problem, so I was sort of expecting something similar. not that its a huge deal because I think her preference is to keep her current phone and get a new one on my phone plan, and her laptop actually is her daughters, so i can get her something like a chromebook for now

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
2 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Yea, you can usually just check the model number and compare bands. regardless, not worth throwing out. worst that'll happen is the 4g won't be as reliable or fast as it could be, but everything should still work. 

Her Samsung J5 worked fine with T-Mobile SIM card but since it was 3G only phone, we replaced it since T-Mobile had a deal on opening the new line.

If you are flying Turkish, $15 will buy a day of wifi Internet access on the airplane which can be helpful to keep in touch. WhatsApp and/or Viber will be helpful, while SMS are unreliable. Ukrainian telecom seems to be better than Vodafone for roaming. Ataturk doesn't offer free wifi. You can get 2 hours free, BUT you need to validate your phone with SMS, so make sure roaming works if you will be flying via Istanbul.

Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 8:04 AM, Swafford said:

I scheduled ours for March 27.  Her medical exam is on Monday the 11th, there was no waiting at all for this.  I have the medical center email if anyone needs it.

This post from  @GP1977 is very helpful to anyone who is considering "jumping the queue" a bit in Kyiv. Short answer: Don't! 

Edited by Shiran

when she signed up on the website, it actually had as the first available spot as tomorrow.... so i don't think she will have any trouble whatsoever getting an interview time scheduled after she does her medical on the 18th. i think she is wanting to do it mid april because of the travel time and having to take off work

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, been around a month since NOA2 today. Still no word from the NVC or London Embassy?

Going to try calling the NVC again today, since last week the said they had not received anything yet. 

I assume this is still considered a normal amount of time to wait on the NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning. Anyone know where NVC has reached? I recieved my noa2 Feb. 19th but not in US now so checking. Visiting my sweetie an forgot to be anxious.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, FaintSpartan said:

So, been around a month since NOA2 today. Still no word from the NVC or London Embassy?

Going to try calling the NVC again today, since last week the said they had not received anything yet. 

The wait time seems to be taking at least a month for cases to be received at the moment. Hopefully you get yours soon. My NOA2 is about two weeks after yours so I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress. 

1 hour ago, FaintSpartan said:

It's been taking about 4 weeks to get to NVC. Then it's been one day to 2 weeks for the case number assignment. Then after assignment, you have to hit the shipment date as they only ship every other week and 3/5 was the last shipment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.