Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

just gotta get the medical done and we'll be good to go 😁😁😁

Β 

have we for sure verified that Ukraine has went digital though? last I had heard, ceac will show ready once sent, but it'll then change back, then a few days later itll change to ready again once they are truly ready.

Β 

@Shirancan you chime in? that would be amazing to have that early of a date, but I'm scared that she'll show up and theyll turn her away and we'll have to pay the fee again.Β 

Β I emailed last week and received this response:Β 

Β 

Dear Mr. Swafford,

Β 

Thank you for your inquiry.

Β 

As soon as we get all paper files, we will provide you with further instructions and information packet. Please do not schedule visa interview until you get our notification.

Β 

Β 

Sincerely,

Β 

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv, Ukraine

Β 

This was my question:

Β 

Today my case was received by the NVC and it seems as though case numbers are being assigned in 1-3 days and electronic copies being sent to the Embassy within a week.

Β 

We already have EVERYTHING required for the embassy visit except for the medical exam which will be scheduled the moment we have a case number.

Β 

My question is:

Β 

Considering we have already compiled everything needed by the Embassy, can we schedule the visit when the Embassy receives the electronic copy of our application or must we wait the additional two weeks until the 3/19 hard copy shipment arrives inΒ Kyiv?Β Β 

Β 

We would obviously love to come as quickly as possible, hopefully shortly after the electronic copy arrives ))

Β 

Edited by Swafford

9 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Β 

Dear Mr. Swafford,

Β 

Β 

As soon as we get all paper files, we will provide you with further instructions and information packet. Please do not schedule visa interview until you get our notification.

Β 

Β 

Sincerely,

Β 

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv, Ukraine

Β 

This was my question:

Β 

Today my case was received by the NVC and it seems as though case numbers are being assigned in 1-3 days and electronic copies being sent to the Embassy within a week.

Β 

We already have EVERYTHING required for the embassy visit except for the medical exam which will be scheduled the moment we have a case number.

Β 

My question is:

Β 

Considering we have already compiled everything needed by the Embassy, can we schedule the visit when the Embassy receives the electronic copy of our application or must we wait the additional two weeks until the 3/19 hard copy shipment arrives inΒ Kyiv?Β Β 

Β 

We would obviously love to come as quickly as possible, hopefully shortly after the electronic copy arrives ))

Β 

You know everyone wants to get this over with and you're no different. I have seen those that want to ignore what the embassy is instructing them to do. Ignoring their instructions got their interview appointment cancelled. Your embassy is requesting you to wait till the paper files arrive. Do as you may.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Β 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello!! I called today NVC and the received our case MarchΒ 4!!! But the girl told me that can take 8 weeks for receive the number of our case!!!Β πŸ˜’

Edited by cata & JB

16 minutes ago, cata & JB said:

Hello!! I called today NVC and the received our case MarchΒ 4!!! But the girl told me that can take 8 weeks for receive the number of our case!!!Β πŸ˜’

I was told same. Hoping # gets assigned by Wednesday to ship out on the 19th batch πŸ™πŸΎ

2 hours ago, JMEngland said:

NVC received our petition today 😁😁😁

Β 

hopefully we get a case number Monday and we'll be leaving on the 19th 😍😍😍

Me TOOOOOOO. I called at 7:30 p.m., on hold for 50 minutes.

Yes, also told the 8 week boiler plate.

Β 

But she did say that they hold cases until they have enough for that particular consulate/embassy, that there is not a particular shipping date.

Only time will tell, since our cases just arrived, we should get case numbers assigned about the same time and if there are specific shipping dates, they should arrive at our respectiveΒ overseas locations abut the same time, if not, then it does depend on the batch for that country.

Β 

Edited by wxman22
calrification

1 hour ago, Swafford said:

Β 

Dear Mr. Swafford,

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Sincerely,

Β 

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv, Ukraine

Β 

This was my question:

Β 

Β 

Β 

My question is:

Β 

Β 

Β 

interesting. I wonder why they have mine as ready since Wed. The hardcopy is still en route and eta is Monday. It doesn't really make much difference to us since she has her medical scheduled on the 18th regardless, so by that time it really will be truly ready. Thanks for the follow up, now we have conflicting and confusing information, which I supposes is par for the course, and as they say YMMV!

Β 

its too bad, because I was hoping my case would help others πŸ™

Edited by Prizm123

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Β 

Β 

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, JMEngland said:

Good luck, but regardless, I know it's going to be a great day for you. You are very lucky to get to see her 😁😁😁

Thank you. Β I’m at JFK ready to be off. Meeting her in Portugal. Then we have next 9 days to just explore and relax. Β Won’t be thinking about NVC or anything of that. Once again congrats. 🍾 

30 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

I was told same. Hoping # gets assigned by Wednesday to ship out on the 19th batch πŸ™πŸΎ

Ours arrived today at NVC, too. Hopefully we get the NVC - MNL# soon! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 hours ago, aprilsukey said:

So will it be possible for USM to extend our NOA2? Or just let it expire and let her come with her B1/B2 visa and get married here in the US?

I would recommend not coming over on a B1/B2 with intent to marry and immigrate, I believe that could be considered visa fraud and grounds for deportation in the future.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

Β 

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2Β 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Β 

Β 

Total time spent together before K1Β interview: 65 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, pushok said:

@Russel1995we hav the same NOA2 dates.Β 

From looks of it we might hear something by end of the month or early April.Β 

Β 

I sent a email asking if my case was received, tried calling today, but was put on hold for to long and had to hang up for work.

Β 

I will let you know if I get a reply.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

Β 

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2Β 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Β 

Β 

Total time spent together before K1Β interview: 65 days.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
Just now, Russel1995 said:

I sent a email asking if my case was received, tried calling today, but was put on hold for to long and had to hang up for work.

Β 

I will let you know if I get a reply.

I emailed as well but won't be calling any time soon. Honestly, it might be too early. However if you do call, keep me posted. Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
3 hours ago, JMEngland said:

NVC received our petition today 😁😁😁

Β 

hopefully we get a case number Monday and we'll be leaving on the 19th 😍😍😍

ours also was received today too, all the best.

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.