Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, wxman22 said:

me neither😢

Maybe tomorrow will be the day. Definitely all of us with NOA2 dates between the 4th and the 8th of February need to call tomorrow evening after 5 or 6pm. We are very due for good news. we've all missed two shipments already, I don't want to imagine missing a 3rd.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

NOA2 Approval on 2/11. I called NVC on 3/5 and they said they don't see my file (actually in hindsight I'm not sure if they said they don't have a case number or don't see my file) and gave me the standard up to 6 week response. I'll email and call again on 3/11 since that'll be the 30 day mark. Sounds like other people are still waiting too.

I-129F Sent :    2018-08-31
I-129F NOA1 :    2018-09-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/18/2019 at 2:20 AM, Mousey said:

Yes got an RFE but wasn't that easy to answer cause fiancé is deployment till end of February. But we got it done so yay. 

What's the RFE you received?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, SummerD said:

What's the RFE you received?

they wanted his police report and court record for something he did when he was 20 (he is now 35) stupid but ok we got the papers. and they wanted more evidence that we have met 2 years before applying (even though we already put together evidence for that).
but we got everything on time, thanks to his sister who helped us getting all the papers.

NOA2 was Feb 13. Now waiting for NVC to get our case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I-134 questions:

If annual income is above 125% poverty line, do we still have to reply Question 4-7?
We are not planning to provide a bank statement cause I have transfer some money to my US  fiance in the past year, and afraid it will cause a red flag.

Is that we can just leave them blank? 

We do own a house is that a must to fill it in Q.8 as well?

image.png.075b33375080d7369c06ed2c5c479f2d.pngimage.png.c31979370302f908c32d54f0536a780f.pngimage.png.2c708ee06069cc74ddf3ec38f4abe9fb.png

Edited by Suki_R

Timeline

Hey Everyone!

So we got our  NOA2 last February 15, 2019. It is like weird that problems pop-up at this point. Yesterday, I got laid-off although I got a good severance package and vacation pay I am still not confident that we will be approve during the interview because I am currently have no work. Also, my fiance is still recovering from her Kidney Transplant and has to re-organize her business so it will be self-sustaining even if she comes to the US. Our problem is that NOA2 will expire in JUNE 14, 2019 and I dont think we are sort of ready for her to come because we also need health insurance for her and I need to be employed for that and of course for the i-134. We think it is best for her to come early spring next year. So will it be possible for USM to extend our NOA2? Or just let it expire and let her come with her B1/B2 visa and get married here in the US?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mousey said:

they wanted his police report and court record for something he did when he was 20 (he is now 35) stupid but ok we got the papers. and they wanted more evidence that we have met 2 years before applying (even though we already put together evidence for that).
but we got everything on time, thanks to his sister who helped us getting all the papers.

NOA2 was Feb 13. Now waiting for NVC to get our case

Oh,now I'm kinda stressed. Because my fiancé had a car accident last 2016. 😞 And he did not indicate it on our I 129 form

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, SummerD said:

Oh,now I'm kinda stressed. Because my fiancé had a car accident last 2016. 😞 And he did not indicate it on our I 129 form

A car accident is not criminal, unless he was under the influence. 

5 hours ago, Suki_R said:

I-134 questions:

If annual income is above 125% poverty line, do we still have to reply Question 4-7?
We are not planning to provide a bank statement cause I have transfer some money to my US  fiance in the past year, and afraid it will cause a red flag.

Is that we can just leave them blank? 

We do own a house is that a must to fill it in Q.8 as well?

image.png.075b33375080d7369c06ed2c5c479f2d.pngimage.png.c31979370302f908c32d54f0536a780f.pngimage.png.2c708ee06069cc74ddf3ec38f4abe9fb.png

While i see your point, the directions give you an option. I'm not sure what your concern is.  Just put the annual income the sponsor can show that's above the minimun. Nothing says you must have other assets or real estate, etc.

6 hours ago, aprilsukey said:

Hey Everyone!

So we got our  NOA2 last February 15, 2019. It is like weird that problems pop-up at this point. Yesterday, I got laid-off although I got a good severance package and vacation pay I am still not confident that we will be approve during the interview because I am currently have no work. Also, my fiance is still recovering from her Kidney Transplant and has to re-organize her business so it will be self-sustaining even if she comes to the US. Our problem is that NOA2 will expire in JUNE 14, 2019 and I dont think we are sort of ready for her to come because we also need health insurance for her and I need to be employed for that and of course for the i-134. We think it is best for her to come early spring next year. So will it be possible for USM to extend our NOA2? Or just let it expire and let her come with her B1/B2 visa and get married here in the US?

First off not having a job this close to the interview will not have an impact on your visa as long as you can show you have been steadily employed. If you work in an industry that you can get another job rather quickly, I am sure the CO will understand this.

Your NOA2 is valid for one year so you need to interview in advance of 2/15/2020. The good thing is USEM will extend it automatically in 4 months increments till you have used the one year validity.

So if you think you can get your "house" in order before Feb 20' then hold off, concentrate on her recovery, her health and you employment till you are ready. Personally, I would set a goal of having things in order in six months but that's me. This is your baby to handle as you see fit for yourself. Good luck and Gods speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, Suki_R said:

I-134 questions:

If annual income is above 125% poverty line, do we still have to reply Question 4-7? Provide what is needed and the fact that you are above the poverty guidelines will not generate red flags.

Is that we can just leave them blank? They may not ask for financials at your interview but the bank statements are still required as evidence. Get them produced an have them at the interview. Having transferred money has the distinction that the two of you are becoming a couple. Not a bad sign if you were to ask me.

We do own a house is that a must to fill it in Q.8 as well? Yes that is a "must" item that needs to be divulged.

When approaching the path to the visa remember one thing - He who has the GOLD gets to make the rules! Having said that, yes everything that they ask for MUST be submitted as outlined by UCIS, NVC or your embassy. This is not a grocery store where you get to pick and choose what you want to buy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, wxman22 said:

While i see your point, the directions give you an option. I'm not sure what your concern is.  Just put the annual income the sponsor can show that's above the minimun. Nothing says you must have other assets or real estate, etc.

I'm confused with your answer. Where in the directions do they give you the options? I searched the I-134 instructions for "option" and "optional" and neither term returned a positive "hit". Please share if you have something that will help us understand the completing process of the I-134.

"Just put the annual income the sponsor can show that's above the minimum." I think you meant to say enter the income of the sponsor that they currently are earning.

"Nothing says you must have other assets or real estate, etc." Your statement is factual to a point. If you don't own any assets like real estate, you can enter N/A but if you do own real estate or have other assets then you must add them to the I-134.

I hope I have been helpful to you, the @Suki_R and others who will read this post. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm confused with your answer. Where in the directions do they give you the options? I searched the I-134 instructions for "option" and "optional" and neither term returned a positive "hit". Please share if you have something that will help us understand the completing process of the I-134.

"Just put the annual income the sponsor can show that's above the minimum." I think you meant to say enter the income of the sponsor that they currently are earning.

"Nothing says you must have other assets or real estate, etc." Your statement is factual to a point. If you don't own any assets like real estate, you can enter N/A but if you do own real estate or have other assets then you must add them to the I-134.

I hope I have been helpful to you, the @Suki_R and others who will read this post. :thumbs:

Oops. I had meant to say, "the directions DON'T give you an option.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks Greenbaum for catching it and your explanation is totally correct and what I was trying to say, but clearly not well.

Edited by wxman22
correction

Timeline
2 hours ago, JMEngland said:

A car accident is not criminal, unless he was under the influence. 

He said that he hit a car from behind at a stop light and totaled his car and he got a ticket and paid $100. Do you think are we going to received RFE for this?

Edited by SummerD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.