Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Swafford said:

I have seen more than one individual post that they “stamped” the passport at the end of the interview?? 

I personally have never heard that. Can you sight the post/topic where this is rendered. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well I got through to NVC this morning.  Took 25 minutes.      She said wait 6 weeks after my notice date which is 2/1/2019.         So I will wait.  

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, queloque67 said:

Well I got through to NVC this morning.  Took 25 minutes.      She said wait 6 weeks after my notice date which is 2/1/2019.         So I will wait.  

I’d call back late afternoon 

12 hours ago, pushok said:

Does case number start with ATA?

Can someone please confirm.

Case number is proceeding by the official three letter combo for the approved embassy. To see the different letter assignments use the first link below.

If you would like to know exactly what date their case number was assigned, there's an easy way to find out that simply involves looking at your case number. The first three letters are the three-letter consulate/embassy code. The next four numbers are the year the case number was assigned. The next three numbers are the Julian date it was assigned, plus 500. And finally, the last three numbers are the sequential order of when it was assigned that date. You can find a chart with Julian dates here [10].

For example: MTL2014815162. Let's put some lines in to divide it up. So: MTL|2014|815|162. This means that this case is going through Montreal and the number was assigned on November 11th, 2014, and it was the 162nd case that day to be assigned a number.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I don't know if this has applied to anyone or not, but I'm filling out the DS-160 form and I'm not sure what to put for the question "Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) indicated above? " My fiance is from Iraq but lives in Jordan but for the description of a residency it says "a Permanent resident means any individual who has been legally granted by a country/region permission to live and work without time limitation in that country/region" and my fiance can not work in Jordan and he has to renew yearly. So should my answer be no? I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I've waited so long and don't want to mess anything up! Thanks in advance!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

To use CEAC at ceac.state.gov you select "immigrant" and then enter your DS-160 confirmation number. Your status will appear.

You are correct, that was my mistake.  Choosing non-immigrant there gives me the result that my status based upon the 160 case number is "No Status".  🙂  I'm not sure that's any better lol.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Swafford said:

You are correct, that was my mistake.  Choosing non-immigrant there gives me the result that my status based upon the 160 case number is "No Status".  🙂  I'm not sure that's any better lol.  

For Immigrant Visa it should show "At NVC" currently. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shiran said:

For Immigrant Visa it should show "At NVC" currently. 

Help me understand which number you are checking ? Is it the one assigned by the NVC that starts out with the embassy code or is it the visa application number  from the 160 form? 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Case number is proceeding by the official three letter combo for the approved embassy. To see the different letter assignments use the first link below.

If you would like to know exactly what date their case number was assigned, there's an easy way to find out that simply involves looking at your case number. The first three letters are the three-letter consulate/embassy code. The next four numbers are the year the case number was assigned. The next three numbers are the Julian date it was assigned, plus 500. And finally, the last three numbers are the sequential order of when it was assigned that date. You can find a chart with Julian dates here [10].

For example: MTL2014815162. Let's put some lines in to divide it up. So: MTL|2014|815|162. This means that this case is going through Montreal and the number was assigned on November 11th, 2014, and it was the 162nd case that day to be assigned a number.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

Thanks!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Help me understand which number you are checking ? Is it the one assigned by the NVC that starts out with the embassy code or is it the visa application number  from the 160 form? 

It is the number that in your case should start with KEV2019 Go to CEAC site, switch application type to immigrant, put that number and CAPTCHA code.

By the way when access that site on a phone, I had to make sure to "request desktop version" in order to get CAPTCHA to work right. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

It is the number that in your case should start with KEV2019 Go to CEAC site, switch application type to immigrant, put that number and CAPTCHA code.

By the way when access that site on a phone, I had to make sure to "request desktop version" in order to get CAPTCHA to work right. 

I see.  But you didn't submit anything to the NVC, correct?  Checking through the "immigrant" way I can see that it says still at the NVC.  I assume this will change on or about the 19th, correct?  How long for you from the time it left the NVC until it arrived in Kyiv?  I went ahead and pre-booked an appointment on the 27th just in case things started to book up.  I saw a couple of days in the period that were no longer available so I thought it wise to be proactive while realizing that I might have to reschedule.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Swafford said:

But you didn't submit anything to the NVC, correct? 

Correct. Most likely on 19 status will change to transit. That is unless there is some sort of hick up like them needing to send it back to USCIS due to forgotten stamp. Do not expect any status changes until it ships out to embassy. You should get e-mail at that time if you updated NVC with your e-mail address. 

1 hour ago, Shrouq615 said:

I don't know if this has applied to anyone or not, but I'm filling out the DS-160 form and I'm not sure what to put for the question "Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) indicated above? " My fiance is from Iraq but lives in Jordan but for the description of a residency it says "a Permanent resident means any individual who has been legally granted by a country/region permission to live and work without time limitation in that country/region" and my fiance can not work in Jordan and he has to renew yearly. So should my answer be no? I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I've waited so long and don't want to mess anything up! Thanks in advance!

He is renewing a "visa" for Jordan of which he is not permanent resident. But when asked what countries that you have lived in then Jordan would be one of them.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.