Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys. We got an email earlier saying that our case has been forwarded to Sydney! I got a notification on my phone as we were out looking at the tornado damage from Sunday, so it was a little hard to get too excited at the time. Hope no one here was affected by the dreadful tornados closer to Alabama. 

Edited by emeline29

2 hours ago, Fjsiodn said:

Replying just to let others know that may be in the same boat: We have a NVC case receive date of 02/28. We have not received an email or had our CEAC status updated. Since ours would be going to Mumbai, India, A DHL shippers reference of EXP 05 MAR 2019A has not brought up anything yet. 

You have to give 24 hours before DHL hack will show as it has to update with NVC tonight. So try again tomorrow morning USA time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Suki_R said:

Yes, you can, get it here and they will send you by email!

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

I thought once approved you can download and not have them emailed. That's my understanding.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

I was reading through what to do now that the NVC has my case and I’m confusing the steps with the Immigrant visa steps that is on the department of state website which says to submit financial and civil documents online through CEAC.  Are we also submitted our financial and civil documents online through CEAC or is that just for immigrant visa petitions? It seems that for K1 since it’s a Nonimmigrant visa the NVC portion isn’t as lengthy and the consulate really is the one that does the processing portion is that correct? 

Once you have your NVC case number you no longer do anything that is sent in an email or approval notice from NVC. Your communication is now with your Embassy. You can use the links below to start your process

1. You can start here: https://eg.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/  

2. Then your portal on VJ here: https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Egypt  

3. Then here for consulate information https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Egypt&cty=Cairo  

4. Then here for Egypt US Consulate Reviews https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Egypt

5. Also, visit the VJ sub-forum for your region where you can ask questions specific to your country https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-paymentinfo.asp#

Normally I would have a P3 letter from your country but yours I do not have. Others have shared with me their P3's which I used to pass on those who come behind you just like I have tried here with you. If you do get a copy, could you share it with me. Just PM me here on VJ with a scanned copy. Thanks.  

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, pushok said:

Does beneficiary's dual citizenship need to be disclosed?

Does it matter which passport we provide during interview?

I would think it would make perfect sense to use the passport that you reference in your paperwork 😊

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is almost 4pm  and no one posted that it was shipped today? I checked like 20 times today. Anyone? How was this in the past? do they update this late in a day? 

Filed: Other Timeline
42 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

It is almost 4pm  and no one posted that it was shipped today? I checked like 20 times today. Anyone? How was this in the past? do they update this late in a day? 

There's a bunch of people in the January NOA2 to NVC. I guess this shipment has most of late January NOA2/mid-Feb NVC case number on it.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
4 hours ago, Swafford said:

2/1 - just called - nothing as usual other than the standard message about how it can take six weeks....  7/23/18 NOA1 and no issues 

Decided I'd call back this afternoon to find out that our package was received at the NVC.  This at least gives us some assurance that it hasn't slipped into Neverland.  The call taker then tells me that it could be 8 weeks before a case number is assigned, although that's obviously quite an embellishment of what we've been seeing here on VJ which suggests 1-3 days between receipt and the case number being assigned.  Please correct me if I'm wrong! 

Just now, Swafford said:

Decided I'd call back this afternoon to find out that our package was received at the NVC.  This at least gives us some assurance that it hasn't slipped into Neverland.  The call taker then tells me that it could be 8 weeks before a case number is assigned, although that's obviously quite an embellishment of what we've been seeing here on VJ which suggests 1-3 days between receipt and the case number being assigned.  Please correct me if I'm wrong! 

Not wrong! Most cases I've seen get it like next day. Congrats!!

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

There's a bunch of people in the January NOA2 to NVC. I guess this shipment has most of late January NOA2/mid-Feb NVC case number on it.

I am NOA 2 Jan 30 and my did not get shipped today. We have to wait till 19. 2 more weeks. 

5 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

I am NOA 2 Jan 30 and my did not get shipped today. We have to wait till 19. 2 more weeks. 

I think it's because your received date isn't until late February. The ones I've seen today are from late January NOA2 w/mid Feb NVC dates but there's still tomorrow so who knows! You still have a chance to ship :)

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

That surprises me.  Case number 3/1?  I wonder what the cut off is for inclusion?  Regardless, it seems we're certainly in the early stages for the next. 

You are certain yours was not included?  I'm wondering if it could be a system information update issue?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

My NOA2 is January 31, and my case arrived at NVC yesterday. I'll be waiting another two weeks. Not so bad, really. When we applied in September, our estimated approval date was at the beginning of April. I'm quite happy with it being shipped to the embassy on March 19th!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.