Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gravin said:

Hi need some advice, can my fiancé use a copy of the NOA 2 or it has to be the original hard copy?

As far as I know, you don't submit your original anywhere because you'll need it for status change later, citizenship change etc. I read that people submit copies and hold on to original.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

As far as I know, you don't submit your original anywhere because you'll need it for status change later, citizenship change etc. I read that people submit copies and hold on to original.

OK I see!! thanks^^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

the new revised I-134 form dated 11/30/2018

Greenbaum, on their site they still only have the 2016 version even tho the site says it was last updated 11/30/2018. Am i missing something or is it ok the use the 2016 version of the I -134. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 hours ago, UAtoUS said:

Question. 

When I try to register to do the Police report the second page looks like this. Do any of you (Ukrainians) have an idea what those are and what option should she pick? 

Thank you. 

policeRequest.thumb.png.92bf8efb3df21207c040bbeac0f05b13.png

As members above translated, if you apply online you must prove you are yourself. To continue you have to either use your 'electronic signature' which is a key.dat file given to you by tax authority or other agency (there is a list of them but one from tax inspection is free). Or you may use Bank ID which is a similar stuff from PrivatBank. This is your unique signature you can use online for all communications with all state authorities, they are accepted everywhere. It is not you personal identification number, which is a 10-digit combination.

3 hours ago, Andruha said:

Greenbaum, on their site they still only have the 2016 version even tho the site says it was last updated 11/30/2018. Am i missing something or is it ok the use the 2016 version of the I -134. 

Yes the 11/30/2018 is still the current form to use. I always recommend that you get your forms from the OFFICIAL government website. Getting it from somewhere else can at times give you the wrong form and cause a RFE or 221(g). Government website forms are ALWAYS the most current that they will accept. Most times their is a grace period whereupon you can continue to use the "expired" form but usually only equates to a few months. With it be expired I would recommend waiting till you are out about 30 days and then return to the government website (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134) and secure the latest copy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, Gravin said:

Hi need some advice, can my fiancé use a copy of the NOA 2 or it has to be the original hard copy?

The original is not needed anywhere so hang on to it as you will need it for your AOS after marriage. Submitting a copy where asked for this document is fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

1529591591_Buckleup.png.5e9a02efc41ca13080f0af5ab75e15d7.png

Today is a big day for some as your case file may ship out to your embassy. Check CEAC for updated progress and look for "in transit"!! If that shows you are on your way. Also, for those who want to have a little fun in tracking your shipment see the DHL hack on the first page of this thread in the first post. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way for instructions. Good luck.

Any idea on what time they normally get sent (or start showing as 'in transit'?) Mine still said 'at NVC' when I checked an hour ago. 

1 minute ago, emeline29 said:

Any idea on what time they normally get sent (or start showing as 'in transit'?) Mine still said 'at NVC' when I checked an hour ago. 

Anytime now. Just keep checking.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, uk32616 said:

I may be being silly, but how to we check this? What website is it through?

Read the first Post in this conversation. But here is the shortcut. 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Timeline
9 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

In the new revised I-134 form dated 11/30/2018 - Question #38 now regards contributions.  You leave the yes/no boxes "unchecked" and your explanation is submitted in Part 7 on page 8 of the new form.  

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

3.d. "N/A (K1 Visa Process For Permanent Residence)"

Q 10 The DS-160 - Part 1 Question 10 is either your WAC#, your NVC case # or you could leave it blank. All three will work.

Thank you very much. How would one know where to find this info on how to fill it out and not to check the boxes. As other people pointed out that they did check number 38. 

9 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Thank you very much. How would one know where to find this info on how to fill it out and not to check the boxes. As other people pointed out that they did check number 38. 

Well there really isn't anywhere to check that I know of. This was a topic that keeps coming up over and over so I have the answer to pin when it is asked. I am sure you could do it they way others have said without harm but I'd stick with my way but it is up to you. Using this procedure you can leave a comment that it is basically that it is not a requirement for a K-1 but the form has to be generic in nature so all visa types that have to complete it will answer the question. The old form you were able to answer with a comment within the question but when they updated the form the removed that step hence the reason for it to be at the end of the document.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I just checked my status and is still shows "At NVC" I will  not be posting status anymore until I see the changes. Can all of us please update as soon as we see any changes? That way we don't have to post if we don't see it. I am checking it every 30 min.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

I just checked my status and is still shows "At NVC" I will  not be posting status anymore until I see the changes. Can all of us please update as soon as we see any changes? That way we don't have to post if we don't see it. I am checking it every 30 min.  

Me too, I'll post if I see a change. Fingers crossed for us all today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.