Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, UAtoUS said:

So, what is the best way to find out or track if our case left NVC? Call them again after the 5th? 

No. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

The status will show "In transit" It won't show it for long, maybe for a day or so, then change to "Ready" but don't be fooled by it. Use DHL tracking after that. Also you will get e-mail addresses to your beneficiary telling it's left NVC

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

keep it on immigrant visa and enter your KEV number

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Greetings all:

Just received our NOA2 letter in the mail, the notice date is 2/25/19. Grateful for the opportunity to finally move forward in the process.

Blessings to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shiran said:

No. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

The status will show "In transit" It won't show it for long, maybe for a day or so, then change to "Ready" but don't be fooled by it. Use DHL tracking after that. Also you will get e-mail addresses to your beneficiary telling it's left NVC

4 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

keep it on immigrant visa and enter your KEV number

Thank you guys. To be honest if it wasn't for this site I don't know what I would do. And I have no idea how other people are doing it just by using government sites and info. Thank you all. There should be an annual party or convention for all the people that got their K-1 Visa last year. Maybe even do a multi wedding?  😅  

the site helps keep me sane, especially all you guys also waiting for Ukraine. makes me feel like Tali and I are not alone 😄

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DaughterOfAfrica said:

Greetings all:

Just received our NOA2 letter in the mail, the notice date is 2/25/19. Grateful for the opportunity to finally move forward in the process.

Blessings to everyone.

Congrats. Welcome to this next step. one thing you should know is that NoA2 right now seems to be going faster and faster while NVC is slower and slower. But to me waiting for NoA2 was the worse wait and not just because its the longest but because of the fear of RFE and the fact that you can call and talk to NVC people but at USCIS there is no call but wait. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

the site helps keep me sane, especially all you guys also waiting for Ukraine. makes me feel like Tali and I are not alone 😄

I am actually surprised to see so many applicants for Ukraine here on the site. And many of us are very active and helping others. I am also a software developer and I already thought of an idea of making an app or a page that would help to see the requirements for documents kind of like a check box list and in the order. I am recording right now everything i do and in what order. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Congrats. Welcome to this next step. one thing you should know is that NoA2 right now seems to be going faster and faster while NVC is slower and slower. But to me waiting for NoA2 was the worse wait and not just because its the longest but because of the fear of RFE and the fact that you can call and talk to NVC people but at USCIS there is no call but wait. 

Thank you UAtoUS, and I hear you loud and clear. My NOA1 was 7/16/18, RFE on 1/14/19, and NOA2 on 2/25/19 (roughly a 224 day wait total ). I have earned my Ph.D. in patience, lol. It's been quite a challenge, but onward I must go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Suki_R said:

My NOA2 is 01/23 and I just got the case no. on 28/2 by email update.

We didn't call, we just sent an email request asked about it, it took them a week to reply.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

I think you will have the case no. next week, good luck!

Thank you! I believe that!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DaughterOfAfrica said:

Thank you UAtoUS, and I hear you loud and clear. My NOA1 was 7/16/18, RFE on 1/14/19, and NOA2 on 2/25/19 (roughly a 224 day wait total ). I have earned my Ph.D. in patience, lol. It's been quite a challenge, but onward I must go.

Worse is behind you. Now you can relax. If you don't mind me asking what was your RFE?

10 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

I am actually surprised to see so many applicants for Ukraine here on the site. And many of us are very active and helping others. I am also a software developer and I already thought of an idea of making an app or a page that would help to see the requirements for documents kind of like a check box list and in the order. I am recording right now everything i do and in what order. 

you may want to have links to the forms, step by step on everything like how to get the police records, how to contact the embassy, travel within the country, booking flights.... might as well go big

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

you may want to have links to the forms, step by step on everything like how to get the police records, how to contact the embassy, travel within the country, booking flights.... might as well go big

Yes I agree with you. But I am sure once I start small then I will add more stuff. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Worse is behind you. Now you can relax. If you don't mind me asking what was your RFE?

Thank you. The RFE was because they said I had forgotten to check off one of the boxes on the petition application.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

It certainly should not be too hard to design database driven site to assist dedicated archivists like Greenbaum which would keep all relevant country data in one location, with look up by country. Ukraine embassy is great because it actually has plethora of information readily available well before you actually get to the coveted interview stage of the process. Checklists, medical requirements, addresses, MRV for etc, etc. But look at around at other embassies, and it is not so much while some document process just as well as Ukraine, they seem to be exception rather than the rule. Heck, I've seen one embassy that even tell people "Fill out DS-260 form" which was obvious cut and paste from other immigrant visas, and misleading to people doing K-1 which usess DS-160. So you need people who keep actual P3/information packets sorted for those places, because otherwise it is complete dearth of information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.