Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Swafford said:

I do have a question now that you've said that, have you had trouble sending $ to UA?  I can't find a single service that sends $ from US to UA without having to actually go somewhere and hand cash to an individual at WU or MG, etc.  This is very unusual to me.

I use the western union app on my phone and it works fine. first time sending they might put a fraud hold though. I had to call the fraud department and answer a bunch of questions before they released it. really annoying too. felt like I was being interrogated by the police.

edit. with that being said though, she'll still have to go to a wu and pick it up. there's plenty in Ukraine though. many banks have a wu service in them. 

Edited by JMEngland

Timeline
1 minute ago, JMEngland said:

I use the western union app on my phone and it works fine. first time sending they might put a fraud hold though. I had to call the fraud department and answer a bunch of questions before they released it. really annoying too. felt like I was being interrogated by the police. 

I had similar bad results with WU, they killed a transaction and then informed me the only way I could send through them was to bring cash into a WU location.  I signed up for a Moneygram account and went through the process, receiving a notification that my account had been shut down and the transaction cancelled.  Very, very odd to me.  I completed this transaction (at the local Walmart) the same way (with cash) as well.  Paypal, Xoom, and one other I can't recall wouldn't send to Ukraine.  I was starting to worry about other possible issues lol but I've had similar problems with money to the florist, and other expenditures as well.  In the end, I wrote it off to being a systemic problem with Ukraine.

Timeline
Just now, Swafford said:

I had similar bad results with WU, they killed a transaction and then informed me the only way I could send through them was to bring cash into a WU location.  I signed up for a Moneygram account and went through the process, receiving a notification that my account had been shut down and the transaction cancelled.  Very, very odd to me.  I completed this transaction (at the local Walmart) the same way (with cash) as well.  Paypal, Xoom, and one other I can't recall wouldn't send to Ukraine.  I was starting to worry about other possible issues lol but I've had similar problems with money to the florist, and other expenditures as well.  In the end, I wrote it off to being a systemic problem with Ukraine.

That's exactly what it is, a problem with Ukraine. It's an extremely high fraud country and at this point the services won't even allow their customers to send money there anymore. Too many Ukrainian based "dating services" on the internet scamming people. 🙄🙄🙄

It truly is a sh**ty situation. I know Kris hates it, to the point of being embarrassed to be a girl from Ukraine because of the reputation that girls from there have built at this point. 

1 minute ago, Catherine6 said:

PayPal anyone???

I recently sent some $ to my sister in Spain. She got it immediately. 

I use WU for DR.

doesn't work for Ukraine

18 minutes ago, Swafford said:

I do have a question now that you've said that, have you had trouble sending $ to UA?  I can't find a single service that sends $ from US to UA without having to actually go somewhere and hand cash to an individual at WU or MG, etc.  This is very unusual to me.

i have never had problems sending money to Tali via WU, i have it on my PC so that i just click and her name is already on there and she just goes to pick it up. They deduct straight from my bank

30 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea I don't think this is an option in Ukraine. I wish it was, it would make things much easier. (well and apparently cheaper).

this was the first thing I checked 😂

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Swafford said:

We used RIA Financial http://links.riafinancial.mkt7044.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjQ3MjMyNjcS1&r=MjA3NjI1NDk5NTg5S0&b=0&j=MTQwNDEwMjc5NQS2&mt=1&rt=0 Be careful with using credit card to pay for it, as your credit card company (NOT RIA) might slap a cash advance fee. This does take awhile to clear as well, especially first transaction but it always goes through. 

Edited by Shiran

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
8 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

You should try to call! Most likely they should have your case number by now.

Thanks for the suggestion! I wanted to ask my fiance to call next week, but I just received NVC replied the email today and got the case no. now.

Wish you all the best throughout the K1 process! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NAO2 date of 01/29/2019. Called NVC today and got through in a record time of 7 minutes. They stated that they not only received my case today but also had the case number. Was kind of shocked. Yesterday, when I checked...looked like out of 33 cases or so from dates from 1/28 to 1/31, only 6 had been received (so around 18%).

Going to start to go through the Mumbai Embassy's example packet and fill out and do as much as we can.

@Greenbaum Would you consider (only as a suggestion) something like a paragraph/section on the first page of each of these monthly NAO2-->NVC forms on what you can do as soon as you get your case #? 

Timeline
Just now, Fjsiodn said:

NAO2 date of 01/29/2019. Called NVC today and got through in a record time of 7 minutes. They stated that they not only received my case today but also had the case number. Was kind of shocked. Yesterday, when I checked...looked like out of 33 cases or so from dates from 1/28 to 1/31, only 6 had been received (so around 18%).

Going to start to go through the Mumbai Embassy's example packet and fill out and do as much as we can.

@Greenbaum Would you consider (only as a suggestion) something like a paragraph/section on the first page of each of these monthly NAO2-->NVC forms on what you can do as soon as you get your case #? 

you need to extend the days out. for some reason when you search, if you set the dates from Monday to Friday it only shows Tuesday through Thursday. Set it to Sunday through Saturday and you'll see everybody. I think with you, there's 11 from your week now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

you need to extend the days out. for some reason when you search, if you set the dates from Monday to Friday it only shows Tuesday through Thursday. Set it to Sunday through Saturday and you'll see everybody. I think with you, there's 11 from your week now. 

I wasn't originally trying to get an entire week because I didn't want to include the 2/01 and 2/02 group but it's good to know. Is that 11 out of 73 something (so roughly 15%) for cases received from January 27th through February 2nd or what's the total you're getting on your end?

Timeline
3 hours ago, JMEngland said:

That's exactly what it is, a problem with Ukraine. It's an extremely high fraud country and at this point the services won't even allow their customers to send money there anymore. Too many Ukrainian based "dating services" on the internet scamming people. 🙄🙄🙄

It truly is a sh**ty situation. I know Kris hates it, to the point of being embarrassed to be a girl from Ukraine because of the reputation that girls from there have built at this point. 

doesn't work for Ukraine

I understand exactly what you're saying and we've talked about the same thing as far as "impressions" can go.  I myself was very timid and suspecting, walking very cautiously for a long time due to the many warnings and the "known issues" and challenges faced by the Country.  With that said, it's a place I really enjoy, especially in an inquisitive academic sense as a social scientist having studied and worked with public institutions my entire career.  The societal differences are amazing to me.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Swafford said:

I understand exactly what you're saying and we've talked about the same thing as far as "impressions" can go.  I myself was very timid and suspecting, walking very cautiously for a long time due to the many warnings and the "known issues" and challenges faced by the Country.  With that said, it's a place I really enjoy, especially in an inquisitive academic sense as a social scientist having studied and worked with public institutions my entire career.  The societal differences are amazing to me.

Yea it really is a unique place. I mean look what the country has gone through in the last two decades...

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fjsiodn said:

I wasn't originally trying to get an entire week because I didn't want to include the 2/01 and 2/02 group but it's good to know. Is that 11 out of 73 something (so roughly 15%) for cases received from January 27th through February 2nd or what's the total you're getting on your end?

I haven't counted total cases in a while, but the last time I did I think it was in the 60s, so that 73 is probably right. it takes some people forever to update their timeline whereas some people do it as soon as they get an update. 

8 hours ago, JMEngland said:

I haven't counted total cases in a while, but the last time I did I think it was in the 60s, so that 73 is probably right. it takes some people forever to update their timeline whereas some people do it as soon as they get an update. 

Did you separate them by service center?

I've noticed a significant difference for Vietnam K-1's processed thru CA versus TX

11 hours ago, Fjsiodn said:

Well unfortunately it's near impossible to list every P3 that is required for each embassy. I have the most popular countries now and if someone ask I will supply. But to put each and everyone as a list would be somewhere in the neighborhood of some 100 countries. Also, I try and supply additional links like the portal on VJ, the sub-forum on VJ etc. As it is now I give people the next steps and they are right back here the next day asking "what do I do". I need to get stress out of my life and "baby sitting" is not something I am fond of. If it were possible to execute your suggestion I would but I know no way of doing it to reach the widest audience. Thank for the suggestion!  :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.