Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Swafford said:

The form has a very short lifespan, it states the "good until" date in the header of the page.  Ever since I first learned of the form, months ago, it's had the same 7685 UAH and this is really insulting when it tries to suggest this is based on prevalent exchange rates.  This would require a 1:29 USD:UAH exchange rate, a rate higher than has ever existed although it has been in the 26-27 rate lately.  As long as you show up at the bank with a form that's current and sufficient UAH, then there's no reason to be concerned.  I would suggest one go ahead and make payment as soon as you complete your DS-160 form.  You will need both your 160 form case number and your payment receipt number in order to ready yourself to schedule your interview.

Why do I need to complete 160 and then pay? I thought we need to pay first then when we do 160 we input that receipt number on it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Why do I need to complete 160 and then pay? I thought we need to pay first then when we do 160 we input that receipt number on it. 

I don't pretend to be an expert but I've had our 160 done for a couple of months now in preparation.  My opinion is that the DS-160 and the payment are very similar to all over types of visa applications and not specific to the K1 and circle in an orbit all their own.  Having completed both, I found no place during the process that required the NVC #.  The 160 can use the receipt number (WAC########) from your NOA1 and linking the 160 certification number and your payment receipt numbers take place independent of a NVC number.  I hope that made sense?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

No, you enter receipt number when you make traveldocs account and schedule appointment. It what ties your DS-160 and payment together. There is no fee for DS-160. 

58 minutes ago, Shiran said:

It is fascinating to see how different process is between different embassies. For Ukraine you just a get a slip whenever, for Lebanon apparently you need an to login first etc etc. It also makes it that much more difficult to compare notes between people going through same process but at different embassies. 

Yes! For DR, you need to submit DS160 first because you need THAT conf # to proceed and pay Visa fee. Then you need MRV # (receipt # for Visa fee payment) to proceed with scheduling appts...no need for NVC # for any of the above mentioned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Catherine6 said:

Yes! For DR, you need to submit DS160 first because you need THAT conf # to proceed and pay Visa fee. Then you need MRV # (receipt # for Visa fee payment) to proceed with scheduling appts...no need for NVC # for any of the above mentioned.

I believe the only place where NVC number was absolutely needed was for medical for Ukraine. 

26 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Well, I don't read Ukrainian, but there is a date there, 4 of March 2019, which is Monday (I assume dates are in un-american format, with day being first) I was actually wrong, it is not an image, it is text. The exchange rate is jacked up as I've pointed out before. They use 29 hryvnas to 1 dollar, while actual exchange rate currently fluctuates somewhere in 26 to 27 hryvnas region. So, in effect you are paying 284 or so dollars instead of $265. I am guessing it is what allows them to keep the slip and rate same despite little fluctuation in price. So the fee is 7685 UAH paid to the bank. 

In DR currency is the same situation: the exchange rate changes daily. So to avoid paying more, I paid the fee using my debit card here in NYC.

1 minute ago, Shiran said:

I believe the only place where NVC number was absolutely needed was for medical for Ukraine. 

Same for DR. The appts I refer to are the VAC and Consular. in DR, it's a 1st come 1st serve for the medical.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Catherine6 said:

In DR currency is the same situation: the exchange rate changes daily. So to avoid paying more, I paid the fee using my debit card here in NYC.

I must have missed that.  I didn't realize another payment format was available?  Perhaps that's a country to country difference as well?

Timeline
Just now, Swafford said:

I must have missed that.  I didn't realize another payment format was available?  Perhaps that's a country to country difference as well?

Yea I don't think this is an option in Ukraine. I wish it was, it would make things much easier. (well and apparently cheaper).

3 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Probably...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

Paying with a card also affords you to make appts immediately after paying and it automatically populates the receipt #.

Yea, sounds much nice.. 

I had to western union Kris the money, which has its own fee, then when she pays the fee it's higher than it's supposed to even be anyway...

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I may be becoming a conspiracy theorists but I'm starting to feel there is no real need for the NVC number anyway!  I'm suspicious that the medical center might take the NOA1 OR the DS-160 numbers just as quick as the NVC number.  Logically thinking, the key is to tie all the documents together, it seems the 160 number would do this better than any of the others.  Regardless, one still has to wait and everyone is very afraid of doing something wrong and extending their timelines.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, JMEngland said:

Yea, sounds much nice.. 

I had to western union Kris the money, which has its own fee, then when she pays the fee it's higher than it's supposed to even be anyway...

I do have a question now that you've said that, have you had trouble sending $ to UA?  I can't find a single service that sends $ from US to UA without having to actually go somewhere and hand cash to an individual at WU or MG, etc.  This is very unusual to me.

Timeline
Just now, Swafford said:

I may be becoming a conspiracy theorists but I'm starting to feel there is no real need for the NVC number anyway!  I'm suspicious that the medical center might take the NOA1 OR the DS-160 numbers just as quick as the NVC number.  Logically thinking, the key is to tie all the documents together, it seems the 160 number would do this better than any of the others.  Regardless, one still has to wait and everyone is very afraid of doing something wrong and extending their timelines.  

We tried with both the wac number and DS160 number and they couldn't. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.