Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

I would be too, that's exciting. I received at email yesterday, but it just said they had no record of it in the system. 

that is incorrect. they are sent FROM nvc on those dates, not TO. 

okay my bad, I'm sorry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, vjscorp said:

NOA 2 Date on the notice of Action is Feb.5.2019

does the e-mail your fiance received different then mine? 

yeah i received the e-mail on 2.25.19 - been calling for the past 2 days and still hasn't been out of "partly" in the system. LOL. just going to call everyday now.

That's what we got😕

photo_2019-02-27_23-11-33.thumb.jpg.a45b817934b555ac60d4730fdc0660f5.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
Just now, JMEngland said:

That's exactly what I got. 

Then why do 2 people from the same date got different information? I mean yours and vjscorp's🙄

I thought at least NVC stage would be more organized 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

Then why do 2 people from the same date got different information? I mean yours and vjscorp's🙄

I thought at least NVC stage would be more organized 

there's still a range. just from a one week batch, the difference received can vary by about two weeks. it's not as drastic as NOA2, but it's still random. Usually though, once they process one person from a week, everyone follows soon after. They moved into the 28Jan-1Feb group last week, so it would make sense than this week is the transition into my week, but it seems as time goes on they're getting more and more behind. one week passing does not equal one week worth of packets arriving at NVC, sadly. 

Timeline

Went ahead and called NVC, since I was on break anyway. They answered immediately, no wait whatsoever. Called, pressed 1 as soon as the robot started talking and an operator immediately answered. Whole call took about 30 seconds. Case still not received though. 

I called the (603) 334-0888 number for anyone interested. 

1 hour ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

That's what we got😕

Seems like they're organized. They tell you how long it will take and they give information that will help them to locate your record if you are beyond six weeks. Seems to me that is good info. The process is like your finger prints which are different from everyone else. So no two records are the same. So no two records should be viewed upon as processing with the same timeline. Realistic for some - Yes, for others - No. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, JMEngland said:

I just noticed that the first person from February (8feb noa2) has marked their timeline NVC received. Not sure if it's accurate, but if so, that gives hope to a lot of people for making the March 5th shipment cutoff. 

what do you mean by March 5th cutoff? my NoA2 was 2/19.  Do i make the March 5th cut off? i didn't know what to think but thought they send it to NVC when they "felt like it" there is a fellow waiting 28 days yesterday. Shouldn't he have made a earlier cut off?? 

I find we speculate on the process and its such a shame how vague and mysterious without any real explanation.  We all have expiration dates on our NOA2 letter but I bet that a few of us will and have expired the date with another date given and "wait patiently" said several times by different agents.

I hate this whole process and feel sad to see how it is progressing.  My friend @Sarge2155 still waits for his NOA2 and no real communication as to why the delay No RF either.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

what do you mean by March 5th cutoff? my NoA2 was 2/19.  Do i make the March 5th cut off? i didn't know what to think but thought they send it to NVC when they "felt like it" there is a fellow waiting 28 days yesterday. Shouldn't he have made a earlier cut off?? 

I find we speculate on the process and its such a shame how vague and mysterious without any real explanation.  We all have expiration dates on our NOA2 letter but I bet that a few of us will and have expired the date with another date given and "wait patiently" said several times by different agents.

I hate this whole process and feel sad to see how it is progressing.  My friend @Sarge2155 still waits for his NOA2 and no real communication as to why the delay No RF either.

As in, NVC sends packages to the embassies only twice a month. if you don't receive your case number by around 5 or 6 days prior, you will not make the cutoff and therefore not go out with that shipment. you gave your case number well before the cutoff, so your packet will leave NVC on the 5th.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

As in, NVC sends packages to the embassies only twice a month. if you don't receive your case number by around 5 or 6 days prior, you will not make the cutoff and therefore not go out with that shipment. you gave your case number well before the cutoff, so your packet will leave NVC on the 5th.

so when should i receive mine...NOA2 date 2/19?? 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

not jumping ahead tho, when will i get a NVC #?  i cant get to shipment, i kinda want a NVC# first then i can move to the next thought...arrival at embassy @JMEngland 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

so when should i receive mine...NOA2 date 2/19?? 

It varies. It seems while USCIS picked up a pace approving petitions a bit which is a good news, sending those approved petitions to NVC slowed down. If you read your NOA2 carefully it probably states that they already sent your approved 129F to NVC, in reality, they probably haven't yet. They standard answer is "It can take up to 6 weeks!" If you ask same question of USCIS you will hear "It can take up to 90 days!" All these answers designed to give you an illusion that process is well oiled and organized while in reality it is nearly totally opaque and obfuscated. For me, it took 17 days from NOA2 approval date until NVC reported they had case numbers, unfortunately, in the last month or so this hand off slowed down. Seems people are now wait closer to 24-30 days. Which is of course still lower than advertised "6 weeks" or "90 days" numbers. 

Now to understand "cut off date" that is being mentioned: After your case gets to NVC, you get case number but then... nothing happens. NVC doesn't really do much with 129F petitions other than create case, then forward them to embassies. The forwarding to embassies happens every 2 weeks, with some variation due to to holidays and such. Packet physically send via DHL carrier to various countries. Next shipment is March 5, Tuesday. If your case at NVC NOW, chances are you will make this date, and it will be shipped to embassy after only 6 day stay at NVC, if you miss the date, you will have to wait until at least March 19.

Hope this clarifies. 

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shiran said:

It varies. It seems while USCIS picked up a pace approving petitions a bit which is a good news, sending those approved petitions to NVC slowed down. If you read your NOA2 carefully it probably states that they already sent your approved 129F to NVC, in reality, they probably haven't yet. They standard answer is "It can take up to 6 weeks!" If you ask same question of USCIS you will hear "It can take up to 90 days!" All these answers designed to give you an illusion that process is well oiled and organized while in reality it is nearly totally opaque and obfuscated. For me, it took 17 days from NOA2 approval date until NVC reported they had case numbers, unfortunately, in the last month or so this hand off slowed down. Seems people are now wait closer to 24-30 days. Which is of course still lower than advertised "6 weeks" or "90 days" numbers. 

Now to understand "cut off date" that is being mentioned: After your case gets to NVC, you get case number but then... nothing happens. NVC doesn't really do much with 129F petitions other than create case, then forward them to embassies. The forwarding to embassies happens every 2 weeks, with some variation due to to holidays and such. Packet physically send via DHL carrier to various countries. Next shipment is March 5, Tuesday. If your case at NVC NOW, chances are you will make this date, and it will be shipped to embassy after only 6 day stay at NVC, if you miss the date, you will have to wait until at least March 19.

Hope this clarifies. 

I thank you for your clarity. I totally get it. Jamaica, our embassy, claims that files are electronically sent from NVC so fingers crossed it's TRUE. My file has not been sent, nor in transit to nvc as per uscis last night. I was told they have 90 days to send the file making the expiration date on the noa2 letter actually 4 month ( subtracting a few days). I'm just too frustrated with the entire process.

Thank you for explaining. Most grateful.

11 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Hope this clarifies. 

I thank you for your clarity. I totally get it. Jamaica, our embassy, claims that files are electronically sent from NVC so fingers crossed it's TRUE. My file has not been sent, nor in transit to nvc as per uscis last night. I was told they have 90 days to send the file making the expiration date on the noa2 letter actually 4 month ( subtracting a few days). I'm just too frustrated with the entire process.

Thank you for explaining. Most grateful.

7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I believe that I had shared the "what's next" answer by sending you this information. Knows the time to read what is given to you and follow the directions. Also, you need to be in the Australian sub-forum asking these questions where there are experts which I am not one nor is anyone in this type of thread. Links are below.

Read over this information and follow the instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ws5bsSQru7Axg8SthLUANj1kx5pm8QNG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKRc5bBmpL5fesrMAP1RRLwucTnjOB6Y/view?usp=sharing

Join the sub forum for Australia found here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Last go to the top of this page and under the tab "portals" on the blue ribbon choose it and then search for your country. Lots of information there.

When executing your AFP be sure you use "You would choose the Commonwealth employment/Purpose for your Purpose Type and then Code 33 for Immigration/Citizenship as your Purpose of Check."

Thank you for that, and sorry again. I’ll be more careful to read through next time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.