Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, UAtoUS said:

So...

Since I just got my NVC case number we are ready to do everything except an appointment for the Embassy. My question to the Ukrainian guys on here do you think its possible to finish all the things in 2 weeks? The reason I am asking is because on March 5th (next Wednesday) I am going to visit her for 2.5 weeks until March 25. Do you guys think its realistically to have an interview at the latest March Friday 22nd? Assuming that my case leaves NVC next week. I know if my case doesn't leave next week then there is no chance at all.

It would be nice if I can be there with her at the interview. 

I personally would suggest calling the embassy and speaking to someone the moment you see that the case has been sent to the embassy (electronic copy).  Of course I would rush to get the medical exam now, asap.  if they have the electronic copy there may be a chance that they're willing to schedule the interview but I would certainly ask for their advice as to whether it's possible.  I'd be very hesitant to merely make the appointment online.  Do you have all the materials ready for the interview other than the medical exam?

Timeline
2 hours ago, UAtoUS said:

If its 19th then there is no freaking way that we can finish all by 22. Well, it is what it is. Now I wish that I have booked the flight 2 weeks later. 😪

Where are you flying out of and what airline(s)?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Swafford said:

I personally would suggest calling the embassy and speaking to someone the moment you see that the case has been sent to the embassy (electronic copy).  Of course I would rush to get the medical exam now, asap.  if they have the electronic copy there may be a chance that they're willing to schedule the interview but I would certainly ask for their advice as to whether it's possible.  I'd be very hesitant to merely make the appointment online.  Do you have all the materials ready for the interview other than the medical exam?

She still needs to do her police report and medical. I am almost done with my support form. I will bring that with me along with W2, recent pay stubs and letter from my employer. I have also updated my intent to marry  just in case to more up to date. She has no kids and no husbands. Pictures and prove of communication I am printing that tomorrow and bringing with me. And of course 160 form with payment still needs to be done. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Where are you flying out of and what airline(s)?

I am flying from Charlotte to JFK american airlines and then using Ukrainian airline going from JFK to Borispil and then to Kharkiv. Same on a way back in reverse. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
31 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

She still needs to do her police report and medical. I am almost done with my support form. I will bring that with me along with W2, recent pay stubs and letter from my employer. I have also updated my intent to marry  just in case to more up to date. She has no kids and no husbands. Pictures and prove of communication I am printing that tomorrow and bringing with me. And of course 160 form with payment still needs to be done. 

I really, really encourage you to get her to submit for police report right now. It's available online and free. https://odk.mvs.gov.ua/ For I-134, assuming you were doing taxes, and ave steady income, printing out transcripts from IRS for free is probably easiest way. In that case you don't need W-2 or any letters. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I really, really encourage you to get her to submit for police report right now. It's available online and free. https://odk.mvs.gov.ua/ For I-134, assuming you were doing taxes, and ave steady income, printing out transcripts from IRS for free is probably easiest way. In that case you don't need W-2 or any letters. 

I reiterate the concerns about the police certificate. When we got this done months ago it took 2 to 3 weeks as I recall. I would personally be most concerned about that portion of the timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, UAtoUS said:

I will be calling NVC sometime after lunch today and will update my findings. Is anyone else calling today? If you do please update regardless of outcome. Thank you. NOA2 - 1/30/19

I just called. After a wait of less than a full minute, Mandy picked up. Our case still hasn't arrived. NOA2 - 1/31

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

I will have her file a police report tomorrow. I just did my taxes last week via turbotax. I did create an IRS account (a little pain in the rear) and was able to log in and I only saw 2017 taxes available. I printed it and now I will wait until 2018 is there to print. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to show up on IRS website? 

it took a while for mine, i think a couple of weeks, but i filed the day that the IRS was accepting returns because i wanted to have the tax stuff out of the way for this phase

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
27 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

I will have her file a police report tomorrow. I just did my taxes last week via turbotax. I did create an IRS account (a little pain in the rear) and was able to log in and I only saw 2017 taxes available. I printed it and now I will wait until 2018 is there to print. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to show up on IRS website? 

We were looking into it as well, here is the information we found from IRS:

Use the table below to determine the general timeframe when you can request a transcript for a current year Form 1040 return filed on or before the April due date. Availability varies based on the method you used to file your return and whether you have a refund or balance due. 

Note: If you made estimated tax payments and/or applied your overpayment from a prior year tax return to your current year tax return, you can request a tax account transcript to confirm these payments or credits a few weeks after the beginning of the calendar year prior to filing your current year retur

When your original return shows a ... and you filed electronically, then and you filed on paper, then
refund amount or no balance due, allow 2-3 weeks after return submission before you request a transcript. allow 6-8 weeks after you mailed your return before you request a transcript.
balance due and you paid in full with your return, allow 2-3 weeks after return submission before you request a transcript.

we process your return in June and you can request a transcript in mid to late June.

Note:  we process all payments upon receipt.

balance due and you paid in full after submitting the return, allow 3-4 weeks after full payment before you request a transcript.
balance due and you didn’t pay in full, we process your return in mid-May and you can request a transcript by late May.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

I just called. After a wait of less than a full minute, Mandy picked up. Our case still hasn't arrived. NOA2 - 1/31

My NOA2 is 01/23 and I just got the case no. on 28/2 by email update.

We didn't call, we just sent an email request asked about it, it took them a week to reply.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

I think you will have the case no. next week, good luck!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Suki_R said:

We were looking into it as well, here is the information we found from IRS:

Use the table below to determine the general timeframe when you can request a transcript for a current year Form 1040 return filed on or before the April due date. Availability varies based on the method you used to file your return and whether you have a refund or balance due. 

Note: If you made estimated tax payments and/or applied your overpayment from a prior year tax return to your current year tax return, you can request a tax account transcript to confirm these payments or credits a few weeks after the beginning of the calendar year prior to filing your current year retur

When your original return shows a ... and you filed electronically, then and you filed on paper, then
refund amount or no balance due, allow 2-3 weeks after return submission before you request a transcript. allow 6-8 weeks after you mailed your return before you request a transcript.
balance due and you paid in full with your return, allow 2-3 weeks after return submission before you request a transcript.

we process your return in June and you can request a transcript in mid to late June.

Note:  we process all payments upon receipt.

balance due and you paid in full after submitting the return, allow 3-4 weeks after full payment before you request a transcript.
balance due and you didn’t pay in full, we process your return in mid-May and you can request a transcript by late May.

Assuming this is correct then it will take me 2 to 3 weeks. One week already gone so at worse 2 more weeks of waiting. The most important thing is that NVC sends our stuff to embassy next week but I will not get my hopes up. If we only got our case 2 days ago then it would of gone for sure. 

assuming you arrive on the 7th, check as soon as you get thereon the ceac site. not sure if you have any long layovers

Edited by Prizm123

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, UAtoUS said:

Assuming this is correct then it will take me 2 to 3 weeks. One week already gone so at worse 2 more weeks of waiting. The most important thing is that NVC sends our stuff to embassy next week but I will not get my hopes up. If we only got our case 2 days ago then it would of gone for sure. 

Keep in mind, nobody says you need current year returns. I selected "Income verification" as purpose of my transcript, then left the 10 digit box blank, and downloaded "Return Transcripts" for last 3 years, but I strongly suspect even 1 year would've been enough. There were 2 money related that I recall from the interview, one of there were any regular remittances between us (there weren't, though they were a few small amounts sent via Ria Financial) and "Do you work from home?" which took slightly by surprise, I responded with "No" without going into details. As the CO kept looking at me, I asked "Do you want me to elaborate?" at which point he smiled, and said "No, that is all, I am just curious." They do look at financials, as I overheard a large family being called about "With your income and not being able to work, how are you planning on supporting them?" (I have no idea what visa they were applying for, I know it was immigrant but not the type) so having something at hand is important, e.g. you can't just have a bare I-134 form, but I don't think you need to go overboard. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.