Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The longest wait ever but I;m finally here in the steps.  Thanks @NicholeT for referring me here.  Had great reads and knowledge.  My NoA1 was May 23 so after this long wait of NOA2 was 2/19/19...I need your help, everyone's help.

When should I call to get the NVC#?  heard it takes 1 month?

When should he schedule medical, interview?

Our embassy is Jamaica so appreciate any and all help.

Finally...approved.  Still thinking and listening out for my buddy  @Sarge2155

Edited by Sabrina02

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

The longest wait ever but I;m finally here in the steps.  Thanks @NicholeT for referring me here.  Had great reads and knowledge.  My NoA1 was May 23 so after this long wait of NOA2 was 2/19/19...I need your help, everyone's help.

When should I call to get the NVC#?  heard it takes 1 month?

When should he schedule medical, interview?

Our embassy is Jamaica so appreciate any and all help.

Finally...approved.  Still thinking and listening out for my buddy  @Sarge2155

I'd start calling around 3 weeks. average is 24 days. Once your case number is assigned at NVC, schedule medical. You can't schedule it without this number. Scheduling interview will happen once your packet leaves NVC or after CEAC shows as ready, depending on how backed up your particular embassy is. some people can get appointments days after, some people the soonest date is a month out.  Doing your electronic DS160 can be done at any time, because it just requires your receipt number, not your NVC case number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

While I am waiting for the hard copy of my NOA2 to arrive in the mail, I have started researching all the documents I will need to send my fiance and I keep seeing something about a P3 letter.  Can someone please explain what this is, and if there is one for Serbia (I have gathered that it is country specific)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, 28 days so far that the NVC hasn't received our case. NAO2 date of 1/29/2019. Go figure. At this point, as an American Citizen, I know I'm not the only one who would love to throw more money at this process so different agencies can either have proper staffing or buy more stamps. K-1's could easily be a three to four month process total with all parties willing. In the digital age, most of that time would probably be getting medical reports, in-person interviews, or physical in-house police checks. It's easy to get frustrated with the current procedures in place. I don't know how many more times I'm going to have to hear the "USCIS TECHNICALLY HAS 90 DAYS TO SHIP YOUR FILE OUT" or "IT CAN ACTUALLY TAKE UP TO 6 WEEKS FOR THE NVC." Well, too bad...everyone is going to keep calling. You want to know why? Because with these timelines there's zero accountability, transparency, and trust in the process so people continue to use up call agents and various other resources. It's a vicious cycle.

Edited by Fjsiodn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Fjsiodn said:

Well, 28 days so far that the NVC hasn't received our case. NAO2 date of 1/29/2019. Go figure. At this point, as an American Citizen, I know I'm not the only one who would love to throw more money at this process so different agencies can either have proper staffing or buy more stamps. K-1's could easily be a three to four month process total with all parties willing. In the digital age, most of that time would probably be getting medical reports, in-person interviews, or physical in-house police checks. It's easy to get frustrated with the current procedures in place. I don't know how many more times I'm going to have to hear the "USCIS TECHNICALLY HAS 90 DAYS TO SHIP YOUR FILE OUT" or "IT CAN ACTUALLY TAKE UP TO 6 WEEKS FOR THE NVC." Well, too bad...everyone is going to keep calling. You want to know why? Because with these timelines there's zero accountability, transparency, and trust in the process so people continue to use up call agents and various other resources. It's a vicious cycle.

I really feel your frustration this whole process is so draining both mentally and emotionally and it seems it’s just not an ideal process and could be run so much better and the timing could be cut in half is there was more transparency. Everything takes forever I can’t believe it would even need 6 weeks to send an approval notice to the NVC. Why is there even a different system why can’t it be continuous since they’re both on the US side? And there still a whole other process afterwards with adjustment of status. Anyways my point is I think we’re all feeling that excitement and anxiety simultaneously but I hope we all make it through the process. On the bright side the longest waiting portion has likely passed with USCIS processing. Good luck and hang in there! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Fjsiodn said:

I literally just had this same talk with @Sarge2155. Sadly i was told the dates on the noa2 letter is up to that date of expiration that uscis has to transfer the file. So for me with a noa2 dated 2/19/18 they have until June to, 2019...4 months. All the late approved folks, 9 months till noa2, are learly of anything said. Truth be told it's the longest, horrible and difficult process with no consulation in between. Hope you hear something soon. Not even sure if dates matter at this point.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Timeline

Question. 

Do you guys know if they ever look at social media to prove a relationship? The reason why I ask is because me and her we don't have any pictures of us together on the FB. I visited her 3 times and we took many pics that we will bring them to the interview. But for personal reasons we don't have any pics of us together on her or my FB. She has her status as single and I have my as single as well. I wonder if they ever look at that and if that can be a problem when proving our relationship is real. 

2 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Question. 

Do you guys know if they ever look at social media to prove a relationship? The reason why I ask is because me and her we don't have any pictures of us together on the FB. I visited her 3 times and we took many pics that we will bring them to the interview. But for personal reasons we don't have any pics of us together on her or my FB. She has her status as single and I have my as single as well. I wonder if they ever look at that and if that can be a problem when proving our relationship is real. 

I have seen many people at least from the Dominican Republic interviews mention they have had to show social medias to prove with pictures together. My fiance and I aren't really big on social media so this worries me also. We post to each other and have some pictures together but it's not often so I'm in the same boat as you!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Question. 

I wouldn't worry about social media. Could they check it? Sure. But it's the most unreal thing out there. I'm pretty sure if FaceBook content was the sole reason for approval alone, 90% of approved couples would be eliminated. Both my fiancée and I have no social media accounts. What I would say is more important (to make yourself feel more at ease) is preparing to answer any type of questions regarding why you would both leave your statuses as single. Religious reasons, cultural traditions, mutual decision...etc. There are other routes you could go as far as ample evidence. We have call records for cellular and skype, evidence of personal emails (just the approved non-offensive subject lines), and personal greeting cards for birthdays/holidays/random gifts. Re-print Airline Tickets and hotel rooms. I would focus less on what doesn't tie you together and start coming up with paths that do. The forums can have some great advice but some of it can be misguided or people can be misinformed. Society has been able to confirm marriages or relationships far before FaceBook. 

Edited by Fjsiodn

15 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Question. 

Social media is a little overrated i think. I mean I have pictures of us on my Facebook with the engagement announcement with all of my friends liking it, but in the grand scheme of things I doubt they check it because my profile is set to private anyways so only my friends can see it.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
59 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Question. 

This was never brought up to us, and we had no personal social media accounts either. They did ask to see a ring, which is preposterous as engagements rings are American thing, not Ukrainian thing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, UAtoUS said:

Question. 

My friend had her K1 visa interview about a year ago and was asked for her and her fiancé’s Facebook account names, I agree Facebook isn’t the best tool to assess the relationship but they did ask. 

1 hour ago, Shiran said:

This was never brought up to us, and we had no personal social media accounts either. They did ask to see a ring, which is preposterous as engagements rings are American thing, not Ukrainian thing. 

i would hope that is not the norm. she doesnt wear jewelry and we dont have an engagement ring. she did pick out some simple wedding bands for us but we will get them when she gets here so they can be properly sized...

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

My friend had her K1 visa interview about a year ago and was asked for her and her fiancé’s Facebook account names, I agree Facebook isn’t the best tool to assess the relationship but they did ask. 

Thank you all for replying and based on your answers I can see how this is different for many people and the fact that they can look at that makes me worry. I would not care if I didn't have the FB page but since we do that might be a problem. We might have to revisit that idea of staying single on FB and not having any pictures of us together. We don't want to make that change but we might have to if there is a chance that they might ask and then decline the visa. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Thank you all for replying and based on your answers I can see how this is different for many people and the fact that they can look at that makes me worry. I would not care if I didn't have the FB page but since we do that might be a problem. We might have to revisit that idea of staying single on FB and not having any pictures of us together. We don't want to make that change but we might have to if there is a chance that they might ask and then decline the visa. 

I think your best bet is to just be honest. Just because a question is asked doesn't mean that you have to give an unhonest answer because you think that's what the officer wants to hear. It could also lead to more uncomfortable questions that may lead to feeling pressure to lie or questions you weren't originally prepared for. Again, best bet is to gather real, irrefutable evidence of your relationship and be genuine. 

I mean, I could easily ask the question, "So did you change your status on FaceBook?" then follow with "Oh, when was that?" And then "Why did you do it so late when you applied on (insert date)?" 

I would look to see if people have posts or dialogue transcribed of their previous interviews so you can just see how questioning might go.

Edited by Fjsiodn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.