Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, Shiran said:

We used NVC number to do DS-160, but some people use WAC number from USCIS. I believe either is fine. You do need NVC number for medical though. Keep in mind your local embassy instructions trump all of that. Ukrainian ones seems to be pretty lenient with timing of things. 

Yeah I’m not sure what the Cairo embassy requires there’s no available P3 letter for the embassy just my luck but I’ll be sharing when we get it. It just seems out of order to do it with the USCIS case number, I’m torn regarding if I should wait for the NVC case number or if I should get an extra step out of the way and do it 🤔 my noa2 was February 4 so I’m waiting til Friday to call the NVC again, although I might get impatient and call on Wednesday lol 

2 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Well I'm only at twelve business days, with Presidents day cut out, so I'm still very early. Average is supposed to be 24 days, which for us would be March 2nd, this Saturday. In the end, the difference between shipping out on the 5th or 19th is 2 weeks. Not really much in the grand scheme of things. I'm just paranoid that they are going to forget the stupid stamp. Would be fitting

Submitted in July, set back for having a backup form of payment included, had to resubmit the whole thing. Tried to expedite, got assigned an officer that was dead set on not expediting for deploying soldiers for whatever reason. Got an RFE for not checking a box that was clearly answered in the "how we met" memo also attached. Next appropriate step would be for NVC to turn it around for a stamp. 

well since the package doesnt get sent until the 5th, it will be close so maybe you are due for something to fall your way! fingers crossed

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Prizm123 said:

well since the package doesnt get sent until the 5th, it will be close so maybe you are due for something to fall your way! fingers crossed

It would make my year 😭😭

But usually the cutoff is Wednesday or Thursday the prior week, so I have two to three days. I don't think anyone from my week will make it, but I'm hopeful for everyone with 28Jan-1Feb dates. I think most should skirt by. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Yeah I’m not sure what the Cairo embassy requires there’s no available P3 letter for the embassy just my luck but I’ll be sharing when we get it. It just seems out of order to do it with the USCIS case number, I’m torn regarding if I should wait for the NVC case number or if I should get an extra step out of the way and do it 🤔 my noa2 was February 4 so I’m waiting til Friday to call the NVC again, although I might get impatient and call on Wednesday lol 

I waited for my NVC number before completing my DS-160 only to find out they specifically asked for the petition number given to me by USCIS. I’ll post a screenshot of the wording tomorrow for everyone.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Another day of crossing one's fingers and hoping 2/1 arrivals show up at the NVC.

Only 9 minutes to find out it still wasn't there.  The call center seems to be lightly loaded this morning.

Timeline
11 hours ago, JMEngland said:

It would make my year 😭😭

But usually the cutoff is Wednesday or Thursday the prior week, so I have two to three days. I don't think anyone from my week will make it, but I'm hopeful for everyone with 28Jan-1Feb dates. I think most should skirt by. 

Sometimes I laugh at myself for being so anxious.  We've been waiting for SO long and we realize we are extremely close.... but it seems the intensity for closure has gotten far greater the closer we get.  I feel similar to what you've described, it's not that I don't realize it's close, my anxiety is caused by realizing how easily things seem to get off track without anyone even realizing it's happened.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Sometimes I laugh at myself for being so anxious.  We've been waiting for SO long and we realize we are extremely close.... but it seems the intensity for closure has gotten far greater the closer we get.  I feel similar to what you've described, it's not that I don't realize it's close, my anxiety is caused by realizing how easily things seem to get off track without anyone even realizing it's happened.

Well, it's expected because the longer it goes, the more time has been invested and the more you've had to deal with the nonsense. The system is truly chaos. Nothing is integrated properly. One office can't track what another is doing and everyone has a different answer for you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well, it's expected because the longer it goes, the more time has been invested and the more you've had to deal with the nonsense. The system is truly chaos. Nothing is integrated properly. One office can't track what another is doing and everyone has a different answer for you. 

My USCIS case still shows up as "Received" and every 2 weeks I get e-mails there were no changes on it. Even though we now have visa physically in the passport. At the same time you see articles like this https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article226630564.html

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

My USCIS case still shows up as "Received" and every 2 weeks I get e-mails there were no changes on it. Even though we now have visa physically in the passport. At the same time you see articles like this https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article226630564.html

The "new website" shows the same for us.  The other shows that it was approved on February 4th although our NOA 2 was dated 2/1/2019.  It creates real confidence and credibility problems in my mind.

18 minutes ago, Swafford said:

The "new website" shows the same for us.  The other shows that it was approved on February 4th although our NOA 2 was dated 2/1/2019.  It creates real confidence and credibility problems in my mind.

It's only a date and it doesn't have an affect on any part of the process to the interview and to visa issuance. The only thing that most people use that date for is to update their timeline here on VJ.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 hours ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

1. You can start here: https://eg.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

2. Then your portal on VJ here: https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Egypt

3. Then here for consulate information https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Egypt&cty=Cairo

4. Then here for Egypt US Consulate Reviews https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Egypt

5. Also, visit the VJ sub-forum for your region where you can ask questions specific to your country https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

6. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Normally I would have a P3 letter from your country but yours I do not have. Others have shared with me their P3's which I used to pass on those who come behind you just like I have tried here with you. If you do get a copy, could you share it with me. Just PM me here on VJ with a scanned copy. Thanks.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

12 hours ago, emeline29 said:

I waited for my NVC number before completing my DS-160 only to find out they specifically asked for the petition number given to me by USCIS. I’ll post a screenshot of the wording tomorrow for everyone.

You can use either the NVC case number or the WAC (receipt number) in that space in the DS-160. Both do work. We also have found that you can leave it blank it will still upload.

Here is a little bedtime reading:

Read over this information and follow the instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ws5bsSQru7Axg8SthLUANj1kx5pm8QNG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKRc5bBmpL5fesrMAP1RRLwucTnjOB6Y/view?usp=sharing

Join the sub forum for Australia found here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Last go to the top of this page and under the tab "portals" on the blue ribbon choose it and then search for your country. Lots of information there.

When executing your AFP be sure you use "You would choose the Commonwealth employment/Purpose for your Purpose Type and then Code 33 for Immigration/Citizenship as your Purpose of Check."

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Tatjana&Velemir said:

We got our NOA2 approval notice today! Excited to begin the next steps now 

Yay! Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.