Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Swafford said:

Hum, I've had the 160 form number for about six weeks now.... and yes, we've had the police clearance since October.

Some Embassies require the PC not be older than six months. Check this information is true for your embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Some Embassies require the PC not be older than six months. Check this information is true for your embassy.

I emailed the embassy in Kiev about this issue and they verified the PC was good for 12 months.

3. POLICE CERTIFICATES: Applicants aged 16 years and older must submit a police certificate from the country of nationality and the country of residence at the time of visa application, if the applicant has resided there for six months or more. (For example, an 18 year old Russian citizen residing in Ukraine must present a police certificate both from Russia and Ukraine). Police Certificates from Ukraine should be “FULL” («ПОВНА»), not “SHORT” («СКОРОЧЕНА»).

Fiancée visa applicants must present a police certificate from all countries where they resided for 6 months or more after the age of 16, including the republics of the former USSR.

A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in any area. A certificate issued by the police authorities where the applicant now resides must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer. The term "police certificate" as used in this paragraph means a certification by appropriate police authorities stating what their records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reasons for the arrests, and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. In Ukraine the certificate must be obtained in the oblast centers from the Departments of Information Technology at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, or in the local MIA service centers. The police certificate is valid for ONE YEAR.

All police records issued for visa applicants who have changed their names need to bear all the names applicants have used. These include maiden names and names from previous marriages. If the name was obtained through means other than marriage or divorce, it should be listed on the police certificate as well. Certificates issued solely under the applicant’s current name will not be accepted.

Edited by Swafford

4 hours ago, Shiran said:

@SwaffordThat form I linked is form DS-3025 that Greenbaum mentions (aka Vaccination worksheet) So I am guessing at AOS state I will need that transcribed into I-693? 

You'll be handed the DS3025 at your POE. Once get settled then review the DS 3025 and look and see if it indicates that on the bottom left-hand corner that all vaccinations have been completed. If it shows that they've been completed there's no need for an i 693 you can skip that part. This is for AOS after marriage.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well, I called and they still haven't received my packet, but I'm a 6feb NOA2 so it's not surprising. 🤷‍♂️

When you say the 6th, this is the date on the form they mailed, the date they communicated in the email, or the date you received?  All are three separate dates for me.  The only thing I have that says February 1 is the actual hard copy form.  I saw where some 1/30's are showing arrived today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You'll be handed the DS3025 at your POE. Once get settled then review the DS 3025 and look and see if it indicates that on the bottom left-hand corner that all vaccinations have been completed. If it shows that they've been completed there's no need for an i 693 you can skip that part. This is for AOS after marriage.

I have DS-3025 already after the medical. It is the picture I linked in the previous post. The checkbox that is shown as checked is "K-1 refused vaccinations" 

zANESWT.png

Edited by Shiran

1 minute ago, Shiran said:

I have DS-3025 already after the medical. It is the picture I linked in the previous post. The checkbox that is shown as checked is "K-1 refused vaccinations" 

Ok. Then vac in USA and a visit to the CS to have them transpose to the i-693 form. Then you're good to go to submit that with the AOS package.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swafford said:

When you say the 6th, this is the date on the form they mailed, the date they communicated in the email, or the date you received?  All are three separate dates for me.  The only thing I have that says February 1 is the actual hard copy form.  I saw where some 1/30's are showing arrived today.

Its on the hard copy I received in the mail. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well, I called and they still haven't received my packet, but I'm a 6feb NOA2 so it's not surprising. 🤷‍♂️

I am confused by this strange slow down of hand off from USCIS to NVC. It seems at the same time as USCIS starts processing / approving petitions a bit faster, a different delay is introduced into hand off to NVC process. Hopefully you will hear something this week! 

Timeline
Just now, Shiran said:

I am confused by this strange slow down of hand off from USCIS to NVC. It seems at the same time as USCIS starts processing / approving petitions a bit faster, a different delay is introduced into hand off to NVC process. Hopefully you will hear something this week! 

Yea, but I know at this point I won't be making the March 5th shipment. I'm still interested in knowing when my packet gets to NVC though, just to verify that everything is good and I don't end up being one of the unlucky few that gets sent back for a stamp issue. oh, and we need the case number for medical. 

12 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea, but I know at this point I won't be making the March 5th shipment. I'm still interested in knowing when my packet gets to NVC though, just to verify that everything is good and I don't end up being one of the unlucky few that gets sent back for a stamp issue. oh, and we need the case number for medical. 

mine was 19 business days from the notice to the date i called and got everything if that helps you with some sort of a general timeline

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
Just now, Prizm123 said:

mine was 19 business days from the notice to the date i called and got everything if that helps you with some sort of a general timeline

Well I'm only at twelve business days, with Presidents day cut out, so I'm still very early. Average is supposed to be 24 days, which for us would be March 2nd, this Saturday. In the end, the difference between shipping out on the 5th or 19th is 2 weeks. Not really much in the grand scheme of things. I'm just paranoid that they are going to forget the stupid stamp. Would be fitting

Submitted in July, set back for having a backup form of payment included, had to resubmit the whole thing. Tried to expedite, got assigned an officer that was dead set on not expediting for deploying soldiers for whatever reason. Got an RFE for not checking a box that was clearly answered in the "how we met" memo also attached. Next appropriate step would be for NVC to turn it around for a stamp. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well I'm only at twelve business days, with Presidents day cut out, so I'm still very early. Average is supposed to be 24 days, which for us would be March 2nd, this Saturday. In the end, the difference between shipping out on the 5th or 19th is 2 weeks. Not really much in the grand scheme of things. I'm just paranoid that they are going to forget the stupid stamp. Would be fitting

Submitted in July, set back for having a backup form of payment included, had to resubmit the whole thing. Tried to expedite, got assigned an officer that was dead set on not expediting for deploying soldiers for whatever reason. Got an RFE for not checking a box that was clearly answered in the "how we met" memo also attached. Next appropriate step would be for NVC to turn it around for a stamp. 

Don’t feel bad, we submitted one month before you did and had absolutely no problems at all and it was still February 1 before we got an approved NOA2. We did file a request to expedite which was originally overlooked by the processing center. I am suspicious that the filing of an unsuccessful request to expedite results in a delay of the overall package but I have nothing to base this on.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Don’t feel bad, we submitted one month before you did and had absolutely no problems at all and it was still February 1 before we got an approved NOA2. We did file a request to expedite which was originally overlooked by the processing center. I am suspicious that the filing of an unsuccessful request to expedite results in a delay of the overall package but I have nothing to base this on.

Yea, it just sucks looking back, because if they would have accepted our petition and we didn't get that RFE, shed probably be here already. each thing added around month. All in the past though. As soon as this packet gets properly accepted by NVC, I'll feel better. I know if they get sent back to USCIS it's a massive delay. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I see several users mentioning already filing the DS-160 with their USCIS case number? Is that applicable to everyone? I thought I needed the NVC case number to take any further action? Just asking so if I can do something in the meantime other than waiting it would be great. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

I see several users mentioning already filing the DS-160 with their USCIS case number? Is that applicable to everyone? I thought I needed the NVC case number to take any further action? Just asking so if I can do something in the meantime other than waiting it would be great. 

We used NVC number to do DS-160, but some people use WAC number from USCIS. I believe either is fine. You do need NVC number for medical though. Keep in mind your local embassy instructions trump all of that. Ukrainian ones seems to be pretty lenient with timing of things. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.