Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Shiran said:

I don't think we ever got a hard copy. When CEAC site shows ready, you are should be ok to schedule appointment. Visa fee is $265 and you have to pay at specific bank in hryvnas $1 to 29 hryvnas conversation rate. That rare tends to be quite a bit higher than what market rate is, in effect it might cost you as much as $285. Medical fee is $205 also paid in hryvnas but that is converted at market rate. You can schedule medical any time after you get KEV number from. You don't even need to wait for CEAC status to be "ready" Don't forget to bring 5x5cm pictures with you to medical.

i told Tali to keep the money i sent as USD so it wouldnt matter what the exchange rate is. She said she is going on Monday to take care of that and then to schedule her medical

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

On the uscis website it says affidavit of support isn’t required for fiancé visa applicants because they submit it when adjusting status with form I-485, is that still the case? Because I see people preparing that now, can someone clarify? 

So it's been a couple days and while the excitement is still here, I'm letting myself get overwhelmed while waiting for the case number. Do people use lawyers for this phase - is it necessary or am I just over thinking right now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

On the uscis website it says affidavit of support isn’t required for fiancé visa applicants because they submit it when adjusting status with form I-485, is that still the case? Because I see people preparing that now, can someone clarify? 

It definitely is. It may be written somewhere that it is not be required by USCIS standards, but it definitely is required by every Embassy I've seen. It usually gets checked before you're even allowed into the interview. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, sarahw907 said:

So it's been a couple days and while the excitement is still here, I'm letting myself get overwhelmed while waiting for the case number. Do people use lawyers for this phase - is it necessary or am I just over thinking right now?

Very few people here on VJ deal with lawyers at all. they are unnecessary in my opinion. they charge too much for what they do, and there's usually no guarantee that you will be refunded if they mess up, and they do mess up. I've seen a few people that had i-129fs prepared by a lawyer and still got an RFE because something was missed, whereas 90 percent or more people who did it on their own didn't get an RFE. Just find the specific requirements for your Embassy interview and start preparing documents, it's simple. 

3 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Very few people here on VJ deal with lawyers at all. they are unnecessary in my opinion. they charge too much for what they do, and there's usually no guarantee that you will be refunded if they mess up, and they do mess up. I've seen a few people that had i-129fs prepared by a lawyer and still got an RFE because something was missed, whereas 90 percent or more people who did it on their own didn't get an RFE. Just find the specific requirements for your Embassy interview and start preparing documents, it's simple. 

Thank you for the reassurance. We didn't use a lawyer because of the fees, now the next step we started looking at all the links and got nervous today and my head started spinning 😂😂😂... Greenbaum posted the packet 3 for the DR thankfully and this website ♥️ maybe I need a nap and make a list and some deep breaths haha!!

Timeline

This is what it says on the website so is it not required by NVC but required for the interview? And does it have be signed close to the date of the interview? Can I fill it up and send it to Egypt to my fiancé now? 

6D89A059-81C4-47C4-AC2C-367FF12D2530.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Form I-864 is not required at interview stage. But from I-134 usually is required. Check your embassy. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

This is what it says on the website so is it not required by NVC but required for the interview? And does it have be signed close to the date of the interview? Can I fill it up and send it to Egypt to my fiancé now? 

6D89A059-81C4-47C4-AC2C-367FF12D2530.png

It's not required at time of filing, no. Its required at the embassy stage and your Packet 3 will state that.

If you're at NVC stage, you can go ahead and sign and sent it along with your financial evidence. 

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
7 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

It's not required at time of filing, no. Its required at the embassy stage and your Packet 3 will state that.

If you're at NVC stage, you can go ahead and sign and sent it along with your financial evidence. 

Oh that’s so good to know I wouldn’t have sent it. Thanks everyone for your replies! This group is awesome. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Oh that’s so good to know I wouldn’t have sent it. Thanks everyone for your replies! This group is awesome. 

I went back to check and the Ukrainian embassy checklist for the K-1 visa interview clearly says that the form 134 should be provided along with the most recent tax return and or W-2 form. The four-page state department instructions for K1 visa applicants also identifies this on page 3, Item 6 titled evidence of support. It states that the 134 should be provided but in itself is not sufficient and suggest that you also include the tax returns and W-2 statement.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, sarahw907 said:

Thank you for the reassurance. We didn't use a lawyer because of the fees, now the next step we started looking at all the links and got nervous today and my head started spinning 😂😂😂... Greenbaum posted the packet 3 for the DR thankfully and this website ♥️ maybe I need a nap and make a list and some deep breaths haha!!

What I did was just take my packet 3, scratch out what didn't apply to us, then I broke it into 2 lists, what I needed to provide and what Kris needed to provide. Every day I would knock out one thing and give her one task to accomplish.  Within days we were completely done, stress free. All we're waiting on now is our NVC number so she can finish the medical exam. She's already got her medical records, immunization records, and passport photos ready to go. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Swafford said:

I went back to check and the Ukrainian embassy checklist for the K-1 visa interview clearly says that the form 134 should be provided along with the most recent tax return and or W-2 form. The four-page state department instructions for K1 visa applicants also identifies this on page 3, Item 6 titled evidence of support. It states that the 134 should be provided but in itself is not sufficient and suggest that you also include the tax returns and W-2 statement.

Instead of bothering with W-2 etc, what I did is went to https://sa.www4.irs.gov/icce-core/load/gettrans/pages/availableTranscripts.xhtml and downloaded 2017, 2016, and 2015 transcripts, send them digitally for her to print those out along with I-134 and a scan of a I-134 page 5 (with my signature) There were no issues at the  embassy.  Btw, if you ever wonder what Ukrainian print shop looks like .... LMvDhN-WmypzxtTh5fgSmsvxy2SLwqTyrQF2IiAV 9Vi9niltLHUYTz1tej0z1yflKI7bBzS51uIWb0nZ

Note bottles of the ink jet ink. Those are usually hidden in Metro passages. 

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
Just now, Shiran said:

Instead of bothering with W-2 etc, what I did is went to https://sa.www4.irs.gov/icce-core/load/gettrans/pages/availableTranscripts.xhtml and downloaded 2017, 2016, and 2015 transcripts, send them digitally, and her print those out along with I-134 and a scan of a I-134 page 5 (with my signature) There were no issues at the  embassy. 

Yea I have heard of a my different combinations of things getting provided and nobody seems to have any issues. If it's obvious that you're employed and making the right money, they don't seem to dig. It's AoS where they really verify everything. 

As a side note though, for everyone prepping for interview,  now that we're deep into tax season they are going to be requiring your most recent returns, so send your 2018 tax return if you have it already and if not, do your taxes. 

Hello, 

I have a question my fiancé is 5 months pregnant she have to do the medical exam in the CONSULTORIOS DE VISA in Dominican Republic. I’m worry about the vaccinations she already got one of the vaccine with her primary doctor one month ago. So do they skip couple of the vaccinations because she is pregnant or should we postpone the medical exam for a later time after she give birth?

I’m confuse what to do in this case because I want my baby to be good and I don’t want to put my baby in danger.

I-130 Timeline

Permanent Resident

07/29/2009 - Married in Dominican Republic

08/28/2010 - Sent I-130

09/04/2010 - USCIS Received I-130

10/13/2011 - USCIS Approve Application

11/21/2011 - NVC Received the Petition

11/28/2011 - Receive Case Number

11/30/2011 - AOS Bill Invoice

12/02/2011 - My Wife E-Mail Choice of Address and Agent to NVC

12/05/2011 - Choice of Address and Agent accepted

12/07/2011 - AOS sent Payment Online

12/09/2011 - AOS Show PAID

12/14/2011 - Receive IV Invoice

12/15/2011 - Sent Payment IV

12/16/2011 - IV show PAID

Waiting for my W-2 2011 to send my I-864 form

12/27/2011 - Became U.S. Citizen

01/30/2012 - Finally got my W-2 to file my taxes 2011

01/31/2012 - AOS,DS-3032 and Certificate of Naturalization Mail out with USPS in one Package

02/02/2012 - Package Delivered to NVC

02/03/2012 - CASE COMPLETE

02/04/2012 - E-Mail My Certificate of Naturalization

02/07/2012 - Upgrading F2A to IR1 Under Review

02/08/2012 - Changed Classification of Category to CR1

03/02/2012 - Interview Scheduled for April 2nd :D

03/05/2012 - Packet 4 Left from NVC to Consulate throw DHL Express

03/07/2012 - Packet 4 Delivered

03/15/2012 - Medical Exam DONE

04/02/2012 - VISA APPROVED

04/03/2012 Packet in Transit DOMEX

04/04/2012 - VISA On Hand

04/19/2012 - Wife arriving to JFK Airport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.