Gar & Ella

Social Security Question for VISA Interview

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ksenia_O said:

Second this.
UIA is bearable only for a short distance. 
But "to cross the ocean" - NO. Prices are high or the same as Lufthansa, but services  - nothing to compare.

My fiance loves UIA :) he sleeps on a plane easily, so he makes it fine, especially after a decent shot of booze. I start suffering after 4 to 5 hours, so UIA with no room for legs and no service is not an option. 

LOT might be OK, but 55 minutes connection in Warsaw scares me away. I will be flying with a kid.

Turkish wins hands down as long as they still connect through Ataturk and that newly built airport is out of the picture. They also serve lovely drinks.

Prices do differ, but like USD 70 from Turkish to UIA, poles being in between

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the advice but I will have to pass on Turkish Airlines, JFK to Istanbul to Lviv.  Price is slightly better than LOT, flight duration almost the same but worse. 12hrs 30min vs 15+hrs

The layovers don't bother me anymore. My opinion is Warsaw (WAW) is a decent airport and easy to understand.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gar & Ella said:

Thanks for the advice but I will have to pass on Turkish Airlines, JFK to Istanbul to Lviv.  Price is slightly better than LOT, flight duration almost the same but worse. 12hrs 30min vs 15+hrs

The layovers don't bother me anymore. My opinion is Warsaw (WAW) is a decent airport and easy to understand.

Been to both WAW and IST, they are comparable in easiness of navigation. Spent a night on a bench in WAW several years ago due to cancelled flight, 2 open rebooking desks and a queue of 1000+ people. Reluctant about LOT ever since. As always, all is well until it goes well

Timeline

lol, Funny you say that. Happened to my son & I couple months ago when we were going over. My understanding is LOT wants planes to be filled, these are the rumors I heard. But I went to the service desk and they accommodated us with a nearby hotel, dinner and free taxi for the night.

Timeline
On 1/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, Gar & Ella said:

Thank you for the advice. Interview is Tuesday at 8am, she is getting on the train now for Kiev and staying at the hotel to get some rest on Monday. It's only 3 papers she needs, she is going to rest and check all papers again for the 100th time.

Hope it will go well for both you today! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gar & Ella said:

To all to Thank You. Her VISA was Approved today!

Congratulations!!!!! :dance:

And good luck with your next steps! 

Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 6:10 PM, Gar & Ella said:

I have taken Turkish twice out of JFK on the midnight flight out and both times its been delayed and both times I missed my connecting flight to kiev.  JFK has so much air traffic with EWR, JFK and LGA that I feel like you need at least a 2, probably 3 hour layover to ensure you dont miss your connecting flight.  I have sworn i will never take that flight TK flight out again.  and yes, WAW is much easier to navigate.

Anyone taken the return trip from IST to JFK?  THat is an experience having to go through security once you get to the TK gate.  Another scan of your bags, body patdown and then they open up all of your luggage to go through it one last time. Understand why they do it and appreciate the extra effort to ensure we are all safe but never something I have experienced before.

Timeline

I always go to Newark, I don't like JFK. But I understand the feeling of additional security, last year I was detained for questioning and baggage inspection at LWO because they thought I may have stolen art.

It was a sketch my fiance had made for my mother. 🤣 That was a interesting experience.

Timeline

Do not buy airline tickets before she has the visa in hand and checked that all information on it is accurate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, Gar & Ella said:

Also Turkish used to have 2 suitcase allowance....... I was on the limit, actually one of my suitcases was heavier a bit and they still let it on without me paying extra or needing to repack to the other one to make it under the limit....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.