SAT

The Glass MenageRant

2,929 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

How We Spent Our Saturday, see man

Got shirts to dry-cleaner in time for same-day pickup, accompanied by Mini-B. wee man.

Batched it with Mini-B. at the Home Despot Kids' Activity, built a clock man.

Unsuccessfully convinced Mini-B. to get his hairs cut, recalcitrant wee man.

Returned to casa for an hour to await babysitter, off-doze we man.

Went GS-ing/ES-ing, report to follow man.

Lunched heartily at Wendy's with day-before-expiration 2-for-1 coupon, take that Nola-B. ma'am.

Ran numerous errands amidst the above, efficient we man.

Returned to casa empty except for cat, present miu man.

Called Mrs. T-B. for Costco list, use annual rebate voucher man.

Went on packed roadways to packed Costco, intrepid we man.

Expended only $Many ($2x2x2x2 minus several cents) more than voucher amount, Price is Right man.

Just made dry-cleaner for same-day pickup, successful gambit man.

Unloaded Costco stuff in empty-but-for-cat casa, we and miu man.

Just as unloading finished, Mrs. T-B. & Mini-B. arrive, full casa man.

Mrs. T-B. lectures us on messy kitchens, Pot Calling Kettle man.

Read books to Mini-B., read we to wee man.

Fall victim to Mrs. T-B.'s going aysheep over messy casa, Pot Calling Kettle man.

Fight warshing-machine that may be on its way out, lose nearly an hour man.

Behold Mrs. T-B. go aysheep when we point out that remaining messes are all hers, aysheep she man.

Unsuccessfully attempt nap-without-cat, headache plus aching corpus man.

Despite early start, we shall again be up till 2 or Many a.m. with laundry, sigh man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Saturday GS/ES report, see man:

The drought is over for the second consecutive week, see the take man:

-- Izod tie = $1, steal man

-- 2 warshcloths (1 = Nautica), ream of Hammermill paper = $1, steal man

-- nearly full Many-lb. ([2x2x2]-lb.) jar Natural Visions dish powder = $Many ($2+1), steal man

Total = $Many ($2+2+1)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

[This, plus coupon comment, causes Tarklar to stop wondering Where Nola-B.-Ma'am Was When He Was Single, off list man]

Well, you probably don't need to do that because your house isn't getting messy 10 times a day. It is nice to have it all clean at once, versus the piecemeal cleaning I do during the week.

When I was younger, it was so it could reach perfection. Even when we had a cleaning lady, we'd pick up everything first and then clean the additional things she wouldn't - take apart and vacuum every cushion on the couch, bleach the baseboards, clean the trash can, etc. It is some sort of weird cleaning disease gotten from my German grandmother.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

When I was younger, it was so it could reach perfection. Even when we had a cleaning lady, we'd pick up everything first and then clean the additional things she wouldn't - take apart and vacuum every cushion on the couch, bleach the baseboards, clean the trash can, etc. It is some sort of weird cleaning disease gotten from my German grandmother.

OCD...

12 hours ago, SAT said:

Man I'm talking about like if someone writes you a check, you scan it, deposit it...

I can do it on the phone, but not on a desktop. 

Yeah but until i moved to the usa, i hadnt had anyone give me a physical cheque (check) in like 10 years.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

You guys remember fat boy? Tiffs cousin? Married an ABC? 3 years ago?

She's screaming for a divorce, he's in the middle of 751. 

She's keeps calling me up chewing my ears off. I'm like, why are you calling me??

Did I see this coming? Yes...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, SAT said:

OCD...

Like Tiff?

3 hours ago, NikLR said:

Yeah but until i moved to the usa, i hadnt had anyone give me a physical cheque (check) in like 10 years.  

My husband's paycheck is still paper every week. His boss doesn't like direct deposit. If it weren't for mobile deposit it would very irritating to bring it to the bank all the time. I'm not sure I see the allure in paper for things like this.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Like Tiff?

My husband's paycheck is still paper every week. His boss doesn't like direct deposit. If it weren't for mobile deposit it would very irritating to bring it to the bank all the time. I'm not sure I see the allure in paper for things like this.

Yes, how do you think I know OCD...

People still pay me in checks. But the mobile deposit systems are not that good. I wish I could use my desktop computer to make a deposit. 

I had a paper cheque arrive yesterday. My social security.  I have set it up to deposit directly, but it hasn't kicked in. Bit daft, as there are huge red warnings on the envelope that I MUST set up direct deposit. I have thanks, as it is a 40-mile return trip to a branch of my bank from here.

When I worked first in NZ, we used to get pay packets. So, little brown envelopes with the exact amount you were owed in notes and coins. The moved from that to direct deposit about two years later. 

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

So we had a eventful morning today..... We had every intention of waking up early and going to the 9:30 Mass in town. So my wife work up early and went downstairs to get everything started for the day so we can go to mass. She let the dog out and was getting ready to feed her when she tripped and fell on the ground, all the while spraining her ankle in the process. So instead of waking up, getting the kids ready, then going to mass. We got up, I got the kids dressed and fed, and then we went to the ER to make sure nothing was broke in her foot. Luckily there wasn't many people there so we only ended up being there for 2 hours instead of all day. But they confirmed what I told my wife is that she has a sprain and gave her 800mg  Ibuprofin. 

So now I have to take at least tomorrow off of work while we are getting ready for a big inspection in 2 weeks. 

4 hours ago, SAT said:

You guys remember fat boy? Tiffs cousin? Married an ABC? 3 years ago?

She's screaming for a divorce, he's in the middle of 751. 

She's keeps calling me up chewing my ears off. I'm like, why are you calling me??

Did I see this coming? Yes...

Thankfully he can roc without her

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

15 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So we had a eventful morning today..... We had every intention of waking up early and going to the 9:30 Mass in town. So my wife work up early and went downstairs to get everything started for the day so we can go to mass. She let the dog out and was getting ready to feed her when she tripped and fell on the ground, all the while spraining her ankle in the process. So instead of waking up, getting the kids ready, then going to mass. We got up, I got the kids dressed and fed, and then we went to the ER to make sure nothing was broke in her foot. Luckily there wasn't many people there so we only ended up being there for 2 hours instead of all day. But they confirmed what I told my wife is that she has a sprain and gave her 800mg  Ibuprofin. 

So now I have to take at least tomorrow off of work while we are getting ready for a big inspection in 2 weeks. 

Bleh  that sucks 

Spent the morning putting together my new PC all by myself.  It's been a while since ive done it. Took me forever to find a case i liked yesterdah.  Its RGB which i was all "oo rainbow brite yay!"  Turns out the motherboard is led rgb not normal rgb.  Determine that no i dont want to deal with that and take it apart to exchange the motherboard.  Thankfully i hadnt put the CPU on yet so nothing to clean off.  The actual case i wanted weighed a small metric tonne so this was the "that'll do" but regardless, i want rgb control on the mobo. 

I found a new nail salon which i will try tomorrow.  I really dont need a fill at this point but i want a different shape and my toes done too.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And the new PC

/not a PC gamer, so never was ambitious enough to build things myself; for non-gamer components, it's hard to get better prices on parts than Dell & co. do, and also easier to just get a laptop

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13