SAT

The Glass MenageRant

2,929 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Crikey trudi that's rough I hope you can get it all sorted out soon. Seems like it's a time for medical stuffs, my poor man is in the hospital in great pain with kidney stones.
I fly to London for my medical tomorrow...........last minute freak out tonight is go!
I'm feeling the cold here, goodness only knows how I'm gonna deal with the cold you folks over 'there' are having this week!!

39 minutes ago, Scottish Mernymph said:

Crikey trudi that's rough I hope you can get it all sorted out soon. Seems like it's a time for medical stuffs, my poor man is in the hospital in great pain with kidney stones.
I fly to London for my medical tomorrow...........last minute freak out tonight is go!
I'm feeling the cold here, goodness only knows how I'm gonna deal with the cold you folks over 'there' are having this week!!

All the best for the medical! I think you'll do fine :)

Oh dear...Michigan? It is crazy cold there right now. Bring woolies!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, trudi said:

Wow that's some cold temperatures! Stay safe everyone

I have possibly damaged a disc in my back, I need a MRI to figure out what is going on in there.

The stupid person at the MRI place won't schedule this because she can't see the card I have stating that Cochlear BAHA implant is perfectly safe for MRI. I pointed out I can bring it with me, or take it in before the appointment but she insists they can't even schedule the appointment without full details of the implant. It's a titanium screw and plate, there is no model number *aargh**

I told her I had a brain scan in the UK and she tells me that the MRI is different here

Suggested she looks at Cochlear US website and nope can't do that.

I give up, workers comp is arranging it at another place

On the one hand, workers comp is nice because the employer pays for everything. On the other, you're at the hands of whatever provider(s) that your employer favor. Good luck, trudi.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Anastasia thinks it's not too bad in Kirov in winter as long as it stays above -20 C :lol: Still wants to be here soon, though. 

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, cdneh said:

They are, which is why the insulation. The heat tape though, I've had a closer look at that. It looks as though there is a fault in it. The insulated covering over the wire is melted in a couple of spots. Off to replace it.

Husband has told me before that the lines won't even freeze here under trailer houses if the heat tape is done right.  I'm not sure if I believe that.  I think it is against code here to have plumbing on an outside wall (with some exceptions). If you keep a faucet dripping that tends to help as well.

1 hour ago, trudi said:

Wow that's some cold temperatures! Stay safe everyone

I have possibly damaged a disc in my back, I need a MRI to figure out what is going on in there.

The stupid person at the MRI place won't schedule this because she can't see the card I have stating that Cochlear BAHA implant is perfectly safe for MRI. I pointed out I can bring it with me, or take it in before the appointment but she insists they can't even schedule the appointment without full details of the implant. It's a titanium screw and plate, there is no model number *aargh**

I told her I had a brain scan in the UK and she tells me that the MRI is different here

Suggested she looks at Cochlear US website and nope can't do that.

I give up, workers comp is arranging it at another place

I had a similar conversation a few years ago with the local hospital. I told them I had had a brain MRI done a few years prior without issue and they even instructed me that the metal was MRI safe. 

1 hour ago, Scottish Mernymph said:

Good luck for your medical.

I've had kidney stones a few times before. They aren't fun.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

42 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I apparently got the job I interviewed for.  😂

Congratulations!

Timeline

They are delaying school tomorrow too. Want to guess what the windchill will be when it opens?  Below -40°F. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5244f04349625063

3/26/18 Biometrics

Good grief. You have some serious cold up there. I've nothing to complain about based on a standard like that.

Water is running, everything is replaced and put back where it was. Hoping for the best, it's meant to be freezing overnight. Not that we really got above that today.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Good grief. You have some serious cold up there. I've nothing to complain about based on a standard like that.

Water is running, everything is replaced and put back where it was. Hoping for the best, it's meant to be freezing overnight. Not that we really got above that today.

It is all what you are used to, I think. My cousin told me he sent his kids to school in winter jackets when it was below 60 in Florida.

Hopefully it will hold out. Burst pipes are no joke.

3/26/18 Biometrics

3 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

It is all what you are used to, I think. My cousin told me he sent his kids to school in winter jackets when it was below 60 in Florida.

Hopefully it will hold out. Burst pipes are no joke.

We were lucky last year when they froze twice, and again this morning. No bursting. I think after tonight it is meant to warm up a bit. I've seen forecasts that show 72 for the weekend. It's enough to give a person whiplash :blink: