SAT

The Glass MenageRant

2,929 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The school down the street is already showing signs of the river rising. In the back there you can see the water level with the banks. No rain or Tornado here yet. 

61521011_10219804755293043_8116459755226

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

It is absolutely pounding down here, high winds, and there is a great deal of lightning.  We are still just under the severe thunderstorm warning, but I think that will change before long, it's getting messy over the line into OK. 

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Stay safe and dry. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Just now, Ontarkie said:

Stay safe and dry. 

Thanks. The tornado watch just came out, until 20:00 tonight. Baseball size hail?!? Man.

Timeline

WOW! That is crazy!

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

I am hoping that is an overestimation. At the moment it is calm, not even a breeze.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, cdneh said:

I am over it.

I'm also over it for you.

With the non-stop tornado warnings are people just going about their day to day business or sheltering?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I asked the daughter informally for the insurance information on Monday, I gave her a formal letter requesting it yesterday, and today still nothing.

I reaaaaalllly don't want to have to sue her. 

I'm also a little concerned about how to go about the damages. My car is probably the worst damaged and the paint is sensitive to say the least. Rough ball park from a friend was $500 to do their usual clay bar type removal of splatter. I guess a ton of cars in town got hit when they repainted the water tower recently.  But, if that doesn't work or damages the paint (which it is almost sure to), a full repaint is going to be pricey.  Maybe I should have them try and then if the bill is more, file the suit then....

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

18 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I'm also over it for you.

With the non-stop tornado warnings are people just going about their day to day business or sheltering?

Carrying on as usual for the most part, with one eye on the sky. The mail carrier has been, and the rubbish was picked up as always. On bad weather days, I put the stuff I might need, like the meds and whatnot in the shelter, and set the dog carrier up in case we have to dash out. She won't walk out there in the rain, she keeps trying to pull me back towards the house, and she won't go down the steps into the shelter either. So if I have to take her out there, I put her in, zip her up, carry her out there and pass her down to Himself. She's quite happy to pace around in there until the warning expires.  Once that's done it's really just a matter of waiting it out. We don't take to the shelter unless warned there is a tornado expected nearby. I've got a weather radio that comes on by itself with a siren when they issue warnings, which would wake the soundest sleeper,  and I have a couple of good apps that work on our location.  

Edited by cdneh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Stay dry and watch out for snakes in that high water. It's raining here again and we're currently under a Flash Flood watch. Severe weather forecast for later tonight. sigh.

8 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Stay dry and watch out for snakes in that high water. It's raining here again and we're currently under a Flash Flood watch. Severe weather forecast for later tonight. sigh.

I think your area is typically worse than where I am, tornado-wise! Our severe thunderstorm warning has dropped, but it's been rumbling away out there for the last two hours. The tornado watch still goes until this evening, but I am hoping the atmosphere has been worked over enough to rule anything really nasty out.

2 minutes ago, SAT said:

It's storming here too...

Seems like it is bad everywhere from Texas East. The local weather guy said it won't be until Friday before this current mess ends. I'm ready.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, cdneh said:

I think your area is typically worse than where I am, tornado-wise! Our severe thunderstorm warning has dropped, but it's been rumbling away out there for the last two hours. The tornado watch still goes until this evening, but I am hoping the atmosphere has been worked over enough to rule anything really nasty out.

Yeah it can get pretty wild around here. This year we've been lucky as everything has gone north or south of us or fallen apart before it got here. We've only had to go into the shelter once so far. It's a steel room located inside the garage so we don't even get wet. The most difficult part is convincing the Frenchie to stop looking out the windows and get inside the shelter. He wants to see a tornado first hand. I told him they look better on tv.

Edited by theresaL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Stupid Wal-Mart....

I went online to see which Wal-Mart has fireworks. It says Bayonne, so I go to Bayonne. Nothing!

Then I looked again, now it says Kearny has it, so I drive through God awful the ghettoest azz part of Jersey, get to Kearny. And nothing!

FFS, that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. 

Now, tiffs thuggy friend wants my CRV. The thing is a 2009 AWD with 26,000 miles, in very good condition, I'm the original owner. I look around, it goes for 10-11k all day long. 

I'm asking for 7,000 so I have a clear conscience. And she's complaining that I'm asking too much. Are you ##== kidding me?? Some people you just can't help. I'll trade the thing in for 8 and save another 600 in sales tax.