453 posts in this topic

For those who used tracking on their i-129.  How soon after you got the delivery notice you received your noa1? I got my delivery notice last thursday and it is now wednesday and still no noa1.

My husband and I filed concurrent filings to adjust my status in January 2019. We received biometrics appointment request three weeks after. However, I had to leave out the country due to emergency of my father’s death. I asked for a same-day emergency advanced parole but wasn’t able to get one. I couldn’t miss my father’s funeral so I left without AP and before doing biometrics.

Then, my husband filed I-129F in March 2019, hoping that I can return to the US sooner without having to wait the I-130 approved. But we haven’t heard anything since then.

All of our applications are handled by National Benefits Center, according to the receipt notice. 

Does anyone have similar experience? Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, AarLar said:

For those who used tracking on their i-129.  How soon after you got the delivery notice you received your noa1? I got my delivery notice last thursday and it is now wednesday and still no noa1.

Our I-129f was received 10/14.  No NOA-1 yet as of 10/21.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just to let you all know I receive my mom case number today it's been 41 days since her        I1-30 approval so I had to call NVC 5:30 am my time wait 1 hr on hold,  I suggest you call them if you haven't received an a welcome letter in the mail because the lady was saying to me that they the reason I  haven't got my case number is because they  doesn't have my email on file

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, Mike & Angel said:

My husband and I filed concurrent filings to adjust my status in January 2019. We received biometrics appointment request three weeks after. However, I had to leave out the country due to emergency of my father’s death. I asked for a same-day emergency advanced parole but wasn’t able to get one. I couldn’t miss my father’s funeral so I left without AP and before doing biometrics.

Then, my husband filed I-129F in March 2019, hoping that I can return to the US sooner without having to wait the I-130 approved. But we haven’t heard anything since then.

All of our applications are handled by National Benefits Center, according to the receipt notice. 

Does anyone have similar experience? Thank you.

Filing for the k-3 at NBC won't speed anything up. k-3 only works for LIN# cases. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 5:37 PM, YasArr said:

Any reason for denial??

As an update, our i-130 was denied because we missed a signature on the RFE we received.  Speaking with our lawyer, doing an appeal will likely be unsuccessful and take extra time.  We're going to reapply, so another year process probably...

11 hours ago, LIMmigration said:

As an update, our i-130 was denied because we missed a signature on the RFE we received.  Speaking with our lawyer, doing an appeal will likely be unsuccessful and take extra time.  We're going to reapply, so another year process probably...

Wow that is ridiculous that they  (basically USCIS and their process) would result in making you reapply in the end, so sorry.  I know they need to be by the book but there should be able to be some empathy built into the process.  Along with maybe a "fast lane" for people meeting certain criteria. 

39 minutes ago, cbro said:

Wow that is ridiculous that they  (basically USCIS and their process) would result in making you reapply in the end, so sorry.  I know they need to be by the book but there should be able to be some empathy built into the process.  Along with maybe a "fast lane" for people meeting certain criteria. 

We might appeal because the I-130A says we don't need the signature if it's on our I-130.  It's a gamble though since an appeal takes time...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.