453 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 8/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, Rute said:

If I think so, August and September.

Ugh... I wish I got Texas. Instead I got Hellbraska. 

Looks like we are gonna have to wait another 5 months. None of this is fair. 

Very happy for you. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, HKS said:

Is it just me, or did most people get Texas that applied in Jan 2019? 

Where are all the Nebraska ppl? Lol

Nebraska is something like 4-5 months behind Texas. :(

Hoping for a miracle. 

Im here, well actually for my mom. PD Jan 22 2019, Nebraska Center too praying for a miracle but its not looking good so far 😔😓

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

On 1/16/2019 at 3:13 AM, Sarah G said:

Oh my gosh, I really feel for you. How on earth do you cope?! I'm already struggling with the likelihood of waiting 14 months! Do you get to visit much? We try to see each other twice a year for 2.5 months or so each time if we can afford it. He's moving into our new house on Feb 1st, but I can't go to stay in it until late April (assuming CBP let's me in when I return. They like to haul me off to secondary every chance they get, but haven't refused entry yet!) 

Going for 2.5 start of Oct. How scary is CBP? Terrified tbh. Dont want to lose my ESTA.

4 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Going for 2.5 start of Oct. How scary is CBP? Terrified tbh. Dont want to lose my ESTA.

I had no issues whatsoever 😊 easiest entry I ever had! Don't be terrified, just bring whatever proof of ties you have, evidence of a somewhat healthy bank balance etc. They are unlikely to ask to see anything but it made me feel much less nervous knowing I could show them proof of my intent to leave again, and finances to support myself during my trip. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

I visited in June and did mention I was visiting my husband (they asked) when I said husband they asked again and I had to repeat myself 'my husband'.

Next question was where do you work? 

Had I not had a job I would've stammered and that would've been a red flag. So suggest you to say the truth and keep your answers short and clear.

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

10 hours ago, Sarah G said:

I had no issues whatsoever 😊 easiest entry I ever had! Don't be terrified, just bring whatever proof of ties you have, evidence of a somewhat healthy bank balance etc. They are unlikely to ask to see anything but it made me feel much less nervous knowing I could show them proof of my intent to leave again, and finances to support myself during my trip. 

Thank you so much!! My wife is getting stressed with my constant worrying about it. How much in terms of finances do you think would be okay? I don't think I'd hit 2.5k like you but 1.5k is where I'm gonna be at I'm sure. Luckily for me my job is with an agency that have up right told me leaving for 3 months is completely fine.

34 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Thank you so much!! My wife is getting stressed with my constant worrying about it. How much in terms of finances do you think would be okay? I don't think I'd hit 2.5k like you but 1.5k is where I'm gonna be at I'm sure. Luckily for me my job is with an agency that have up right told me leaving for 3 months is completely fine.

My husband got stressed with me too 😂😂 there's no hard and fast rule about the amount, it's really about what the officer thinks so its difficult to say. If you have a credit card then that would count too. Personally if I was the officer I would accept 1.5 from a visiting spouse who will have few expenses, but I don't know how they assess it. 

My job also allowed 3 months off, I just took a printed email with me where I told work the dates I would be away and them replying saying they would see me in July and hoped I had a nice time. 

On the off chance you do get taken to secondary, try not to stress. I've been through it twice and been admitted both times. One time took four hours and one took 20 minutes. You aren't allowed to use your phone while in that area so my husband and I agreed that any time I got taken to secondary I would text him just '2' so he would know I was being interviewed and would keep his phone close in case CBP called him to corroborate my story. They never called him, and the only document they have ever asked me to show is evidence of my bank balance - on that occasion I didn't have it on paper and I showed it on my banking app on my phone, no problem at all. 

Biggest piece of advice I can ever give you for dealing with them is to be 100% honest, and answer everything they ask but ONLY what they ask. My being honest with them at every interaction has been crucial to the adjustment of status process I'm now going through (I ended up staying here instead of leaving in July as planned). 

People who have been approved recently, have you received your case number from NVC or a notification that your case has been received? 

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

3 minutes ago, Cayacoa said:

People who have been approved recently, have you received your case number from NVC or a notification that your case has been received? 

All I’ve gotten is the i130 approval and the notice that they sent my petition to NVC. No case number or anything yet 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

All I’ve gotten is the i130 approval and the notice that they sent my petition to NVC. No case number or anything yet 

The site still show case receive after i have been approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.