453 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I'm new to this type of forum.  My husband and I sent the package on January 28 and we received Form I-797 February 1. We have not received anything else and I am very anxious.  How are your cases going? Texas service center

Edited by Lau-joh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lau-joh said:

Hi, I'm new to this type of forum.  My husband and I sent the package on January 28 and we received Form I-797 February 1. We have not received anything else and I am very anxious.  How are your cases going? Texas service center

I'm in the same boat.. sent it on the 22nd, got my NOA, and still waiting till now... we are the Nebraska Service Center. 

22 hours ago, Jeff and Mei said:

Nebraska has updated their processing times again, all petitions are now 11 - 14 months.

Omg!!!!!!

My case is 5 months now, I'm thinking about calling USCIS and requesting a tier 2 rep. I've read here that some people have done this and they have got more info or had their cases worked on faster. 

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cayacoa said:

My case is 5 months now, I'm thinking about calling USCIS and requesting a tier 2 rep. I've read here that some people have done this and they have got more info or had their cases worked on faster. 

Oh really?? Let me know how that goes.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/25/2019 at 2:18 AM, Saci Singh said:

I'm not there yet at NVC.  But when it's our turn, I would like to expedite it.  I didn't get to expedite it at NSC our i130. I'm still waiting, argh. July 13, 2018 filer. I'm praying 🙏

For NVC, Under financial hardship.  I'm in India and don't have good staying place, money, etc

What proofs would I need to send it under financial hardships?

Once you get NOA2 it's about 2mth process to get NVC Case# and invoice to pay fees, upload docs and get qualified. Then you can request expedite but they are denying all (even mine which was approved at USCIS stage) and backlogged now 3-4mth on interview at Mumbai.

You should have NOA2 any day now and then plan for another six months so try to take temporary work if possible while you go through the process. You can email NVC to request the expedite and show them bank statement, letter from family or friends about living situation, etc and they will review or deny at that point.

Timeline
On 6/4/2019 at 6:20 AM, MzBrown said:

So basically...wait some more....smh.  I checked USCIS's website and they are still showing the case was received, not that it's been sent to the state department.  I don't think they are getting it...that the petition is not at NVC.  Ugh!

@MzBrown Any updates on your daughters missing case and getting all of the files ready at NVC?

Timeline
5 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Once you get NOA2 it's about 2mth process to get NVC Case# and invoice to pay fees, upload docs and get qualified. Then you can request expedite but they are denying all (even mine which was approved at USCIS stage) and backlogged now 3-4mth on interview at Mumbai.

You should have NOA2 any day now and then plan for another six months so try to take temporary work if possible while you go through the process. You can email NVC to request the expedite and show them bank statement, letter from family or friends about living situation, etc and they will review or deny at that point.

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my reply for uscis. They are taking long.

Aww they denied yours at nvc . Darn

I also have student loans to pay back.  How about Delhi instead of Mumbai if backlogged

Timeline
1 hour ago, Saci Singh said:

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my reply for uscis. They are taking long.

Aww they denied yours at nvc . Darn

I also have student loans to pay back.  How about Delhi instead of Mumbai if backlogged

Delhi no longer does interviews for CR1/IR1 as of April 2018 so now everyone loads through Mumbai...hence the ridiculous wait time now.

I hope you get news soon!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Delhi no longer does interviews for CR1/IR1 as of April 2018 so now everyone loads through Mumbai...hence the ridiculous wait time now.

I hope you get news soon!!

Thanks!

Oh boy.. we are closer to Delhi, was thinking of there.

So that means Mumbai.

On 7/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, IndiaAnnie said:

NVC for me took 3 weeks. from NVC case number, to DQ.

Hi Folks, 

Our process took exactly 6 months, from the date we filed our I130 to the interview. 

Our embassy isnt really busy with IV visas, my husband was the 2nd case for Port of Spain. I think it all depends on the embassies. 

The Aug bulletin says Mumbai will be prioritizing F visas since the year closes Sept 2019 and they need to schedule those interviews first, so India folks, be patient. 

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 8:47 PM, Scaret_e said:

Good evening everyone!

I have file for a CR-1 and delivered on January 24, 2019 in Chicago.  It’s a long journey ahead I hope everything works out fine 🙏🏽  It’s really difficult to be far away from your love ones. 

Texas I meant 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Saw an approval for January in the texas timeline. First Jan 2019 approval I see 🙌

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.