453 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scaret_e said:

Has anyone heard if they are stopping immagrant process in Manila as of this June?

nope, i am in another thread and they have interviews in June and July. They got their cases expedited at NVC.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:09 AM, IndiaAnnie said:

Okay, that's USCIS error that they only transmitted two of the three cases so escalate to them and loop in your senator office. Call out that it's BS that USCIS would "separate family petitions in this process and leave a minor child to process independent of the parental guardian". I'm very sorry and hope that you get an answer soon w/support from your senators office.

So update.  I'm abroad visiting with my husband and girls.  I reached out to the Senator's office and they mailed a letter to my home on the 30th, but of course I'm not able to get it..lol.

Anyhoo, it states...

Dear Ms. Brown:

In response to my inquiry on your behalf, I have received the following information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding the status of the case for your daughter, *****************************.

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, **************** , requesting a case status of their Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) systems confirm that your constituent’s petition was approved on April 17, 2019 and an approval notice was mailed to your constituent’s address of record. Your constituent’s approved petition will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). As a reminder, the NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of the approved petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps. Your constituent should allow a minimum of 30 days for the U.S. Department of State processing before contacting the NVC. If your constituent has not received any correspondence from the NVC within 30 business days of this notice, they may contact the NVC by e-mail at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Your constituent will need to enter the USCIS receipt numbers from the approval notices in the subject line. In order to receive information about their petition, your constituent will need to include in the body of the email their name and date of birth, and the beneficiary’s name and date of birth.

I hope you will find that this information answers all of your questions. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact my office at any time.

I have it on my calendar to follow-up with the NVC on 7/11/19 – allows for the 30 business days (includes time for the holiday) – in the event you do not receive correspondence from the NVC.

So basically...wait some more....smh.  I checked USCIS's website and they are still showing the case was received, not that it's been sent to the state department.  I don't think they are getting it...that the petition is not at NVC.  Ugh!

2 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

So update.  I'm abroad visiting with my husband and girls.  I reached out to the Senator's office and they mailed a letter to my home on the 30th, but of course I'm not able to get it..lol.

Anyhoo, it states...

Dear Ms. Brown:

In response to my inquiry on your behalf, I have received the following information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding the status of the case for your daughter, *****************************.

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, **************** , requesting a case status of their Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) systems confirm that your constituent’s petition was approved on April 17, 2019 and an approval notice was mailed to your constituent’s address of record. Your constituent’s approved petition will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). As a reminder, the NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of the approved petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps. Your constituent should allow a minimum of 30 days for the U.S. Department of State processing before contacting the NVC. If your constituent has not received any correspondence from the NVC within 30 business days of this notice, they may contact the NVC by e-mail at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Your constituent will need to enter the USCIS receipt numbers from the approval notices in the subject line. In order to receive information about their petition, your constituent will need to include in the body of the email their name and date of birth, and the beneficiary’s name and date of birth.

I hope you will find that this information answers all of your questions. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact my office at any time.

I have it on my calendar to follow-up with the NVC on 7/11/19 – allows for the 30 business days (includes time for the holiday) – in the event you do not receive correspondence from the NVC.

So basically...wait some more....smh.  I checked USCIS's website and they are still showing the case was received, not that it's been sent to the state department.  I don't think they are getting it...that the petition is not at NVC.  Ugh!

I think the petition is at NVC, we got approval April 8 and our petition was sent to NVC April 15. NVC received our case April 22. Call and escalate to a supervisor.

Personally I dont think the senator's office can do much. You need to nag NVC.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, GabLuc said:

I think the petition is at NVC, we got approval April 8 and our petition was sent to NVC April 15. NVC received our case April 22. Call and escalate to a supervisor.

Personally I dont think the senator's office can do much. You need to nag NVC.

Hi everyone!  So our never ending saga continues. I called NVC today, was told by the first rep I spoke with that the paperwork for my daughter was being processed electronically and the individual needed to transfer me to another area, Got that area and they said they didn't have it. Called NVC back and the 2nd rep told me that they didn't have it. I gave my notice date and she advised me to email NVCResearch, so that's what I've done.

I also got an email from the ombudsman office with my case number with them.  So between the email, Ombudsman office and senator...SOMETHING should happen soon.  I'll be requesting an expedite at the NVC stage because the was a clear error made on the part of USCIS. They may make reference to the timelines, but I don't care...everything is worth a shot. 

How's everyone else doing?  @GabLuc Have you gotten interview date?

6 hours ago, MzBrown said:

Hi everyone!  So our never ending saga continues. I called NVC today, was told by the first rep I spoke with that the paperwork for my daughter was being processed electronically and the individual needed to transfer me to another area, Got that area and they said they didn't have it. Called NVC back and the 2nd rep told me that they didn't have it. I gave my notice date and she advised me to email NVCResearch, so that's what I've done.

I also got an email from the ombudsman office with my case number with them.  So between the email, Ombudsman office and senator...SOMETHING should happen soon.  I'll be requesting an expedite at the NVC stage because the was a clear error made on the part of USCIS. They may make reference to the timelines, but I don't care...everything is worth a shot. 

How's everyone else doing?  @GabLuc Have you gotten interview date?

Hi dont submit your request too soon. You will be disappointed. Also it's up to the embassy to accept the expedite. 

Another thing, most embassies wont accept an expedite request if you dont pay fees, submit docs and get documentarily qualified.

So until all that happens your embassy wont accept the expedite.

Thats the trend I've been seeing.

1 hour ago, GabLuc said:

Hi dont submit your request too soon. You will be disappointed. Also it's up to the embassy to accept the expedite. 

Another thing, most embassies wont accept an expedite request if you dont pay fees, submit docs and get documentarily qualified.

So until all that happens your embassy wont accept the expedite.

Thats the trend I've been seeing.

That's good to know.  I'm going to try, the worse they can say is no. We have everything, $$, criminal reports, tax transcripts...we're just waiting on this one petition so we can submit together so it would hopefully move to the next stage together.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/26/2019 at 11:37 PM, GabLuc said:

I was sent to Potomac. They move really quickly. I didnt do anything. Only a lot of prayers.

I just got my approval in the mail in April 

Hello, Im curious; Living in NYC how did you get to go to Potomac when NY is with Texas?

18 minutes ago, Cyberbro said:

Hello, Im curious; Living in NYC how did you get to go to Potomac when NY is with Texas?

Getting Potomac is like winning the lottery. There's no assigned service centers for states

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, JMPM said:

Getting Potomac is like winning the lottery. There's no assigned service centers for states

👏 Isn't that the truth!! I would have paid extra 💰to get Potomac instead of Nebraska!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/27/2019 at 9:22 AM, IndiaAnnie said:

@GabLuc Not sure if that was for me but we're expediting at NVC for payment and document upload next two weeks and then once clear we'll be at the mercy of the Mumbai embassy for our final interview date (and bio/medical again). I'll be ecstatic if we can get to the embassy in July personally!! 😉 We shall see how it goes this time around...

I'm not there yet at NVC.  But when it's our turn, I would like to expedite it.  I didn't get to expedite it at NSC our i130. I'm still waiting, argh. July 13, 2018 filer. I'm praying 🙏

For NVC, Under financial hardship.  I'm in India and don't have good staying place, money, etc

What proofs would I need to send it under financial hardships?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wify is presently with me in Nigeria, she arrived 31st May 2019 for the holiday .... and i hate looking at the calender knowing she will be leaving for fhe US so soon...

I am missing her already because her coming has really help our marriage to grow so fast...

Please the distance is killing 

But we are waiting patiently on God!!!!

Married 29th December 2018

PD January 8th  2019

NOA1 January 9th 2019

TSC

NOA 2 ...Waiting 

Edited by Philbelle

2 hours ago, Scaret_e said:

Just got a notice and waiting still 

Well for my status 

:time:

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Scaret_e said:

Just got a notice and waiting still 

Well for my status 

Good morning 

Kindly give your PD, services centre and all info

Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.