453 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2019 at 7:52 PM, IndiaAnnie said:

Yes, called every week since petition approval and as recently as yesterday it had not been received. The lines are busy (or turned off) again today. It drives me crazy because we were expedite approved 4/30, app update that it was mailed to State Dept on 5/15 (nice little two week delay) and once it does arrive we can expedite at NVC (another story whether they choose to accept it) to get our case processed through to embassy....and do medical, bio and interview all over again. I'm just being impatient and should probably just relax!! 😉

My daughter's petition may be stuck with yours. We received the NOA2 for my husband and both girls but only received the case number for husband and 1 of the girls. I called yesterday and USCIS stated i have to give them 90 days to send case, NVC said 30 days and advised me to call back on the 30th. The 30th date makes no sense. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, MzBrown said:

My daughter's petition may be stuck with yours. We received the NOA2 for my husband and both girls but only received the case number for husband and 1 of the girls. I called yesterday and USCIS stated i have to give them 90 days to send case, NVC said 30 days and advised me to call back on the 30th. The 30th date makes no sense. 

I finally reached NVC yesterday after 2hr hold and confirmed that they received my case on 5/22 for entry and she told me it could take up to 8wks (🙄) to receive the email. I feel better just knowing it finally arrived. I know based on others experience that the case email will now arrive in the coming weeks!!

I'm sorry that your daughters case was separated...that's absurd. I think you should send an email to the NVC expedite alias (nvcexpedite@state.gov) with your petition number and highlight the missing case number (vs. the two you received) and request urgent assistance. Request that they expedite the missing case so you can process the family applications together and see what they tell you. 

Note: Attach scanned copy of NOA2, other case emails and a written request request for expedite of the third case in order to process the girls together (call out any additional reasons that may meet expedite criteria).

I hope they respond with assistance!!

1 minute ago, IndiaAnnie said:

I finally reached NVC yesterday after 2hr hold and confirmed that they received my case on 5/22 for entry and she told me it could take up to 8wks (🙄) to receive the email. I feel better just knowing it finally arrived. I know based on others experience that the case email will now arrive in the coming weeks!!

I'm sorry that your daughters case was separated...that's absurd. I think you should send an email to the NVC expedite alias (nvcexpedite@state.gov) with your petition number and highlight the missing case number (vs. the two you received) and request urgent assistance. Request that they expedite the missing case so you can process the family applications together and see what they tell you. 

Note: Attach scanned copy of NOA2, other case emails and a written request request for expedite of the third case in order to process the girls together (call out any additional reasons that may meet expedite criteria).

I hope they respond with assistance!!

Yeah I'm on the same page.  I'm getting everything together to do that.  Do I send the expedite request to USCIS or NVC?  I'm not sure which because it's at USCIS.  

Timeline
Just now, MzBrown said:

Yeah I'm on the same page.  I'm getting everything together to do that.  Do I send the expedite request to USCIS or NVC?  I'm not sure which because it's at USCIS.  

If you got the NOA2 for Daughter #2 and it hasn't "arrived" at NVC yet then expedite to USCIS/Senator for help. If you got the NOA2 for Daughter #2 and NVC has received it (they'll confirm when you call and provide her case number) but not yet entered/sent case email then expedite to NVC alias. It has to be an error at NVC side that they omitted second daughter thinking she's was a duplicate of the first case or something. I'd hit them both honestly!! 

2 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

If you got the NOA2 for Daughter #2 and it hasn't "arrived" at NVC yet then expedite to USCIS/Senator for help. If you got the NOA2 for Daughter #2 and NVC has received it (they'll confirm when you call and provide her case number) but not yet entered/sent case email then expedite to NVC alias. It has to be an error at NVC side that they omitted second daughter thinking she's was a duplicate of the first case or something. I'd hit them both honestly!! 

Ok that helps.  I have the NOA2, but NVC has not received it.  It even says still pending on the USCIS website whereas the other 2 say it was sent to the Dept of State.  This is a mess!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

Ok that helps.  I have the NOA2, but NVC has not received it.  It even says still pending on the USCIS website whereas the other 2 say it was sent to the Dept of State.  This is a mess!

Okay, that's USCIS error that they only transmitted two of the three cases so escalate to them and loop in your senator office. Call out that it's BS that USCIS would "separate family petitions in this process and leave a minor child to process independent of the parental guardian". I'm very sorry and hope that you get an answer soon w/support from your senators office.

42 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Okay, that's USCIS error that they only transmitted two of the three cases so escalate to them and loop in your senator office. Call out that it's BS that USCIS would "separate family petitions in this process and leave a minor child to process independent of the parental guardian". I'm very sorry and hope that you get an answer soon w/support from your senators office.

Thank you! I have submitted a request to the Ombudsman and submitted request to my senator. Just got off phone with one of his aides.  I used your words as it was lovely...."separate family petitions in this process and leave a minor child to process independent of the parental guardian" :)  Thank you!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MzBrown said:

Thank you! I have submitted a request to the Ombudsman and submitted request to my senator. Just got off phone with one of his aides.  I used your words as it was lovely...."separate family petitions in this process and leave a minor child to process independent of the parental guardian" :)  Thank you!

Very welcome! I've learned through our K1 process (and now CR1) how to navigate the system with all good intentions because we don't want to take advantage but there are some circumstances which are unacceptable and yours is one of them!!! I wish you the very best and please update when you get some additional information! ❤️

1 hour ago, Scaret_e said:

Any update on anyone’s filling??

i spoke to my lawyer and they have told me that it’s still being process uscis?

Whats your service center? 

41 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

It was submitted to Chicago 

No what service center? What is the first 3 letters on your receipt?

15 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

SRC 

Thats texas service center. 

You won't hear from them for about 9 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.