spielerin

N-400 Jan 2019 Filers

784 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, Chuedunc said:

I just had my interview this morning. I passed the test and was recommended for approval. I just checked my USCIS account and it is showing my status is approved!😊

Where did you file? What field office?

Hi guys 

had bad interview today , officer was so hard on me ,too many question about everything  since day one I came to the us , some question i forget like the address that I lived in 5 years ago , my wife first marriage ( my wife was married before and got divorced ), I passed the English test but he said no decision can't be made as of today I have to wait for letter ,its could be approval or more evidence , nightmare  , I can't believe it ,I applied thought marriage 3 years rule ,now I have to sit and wait 

good luck everyone ,

Edited by jhon30

3 hours ago, Ask Away said:

congrats!!..

do you mind if i ask you about some of your experience at the interview ?

did they ask you details about your job ?

what documents did you submit with your N400 or did they ask you any documents at your Interview ?

thank you

Thank you, I don't mind at all.

She confirmed that I was still with my current employer but did not ask any deeper questions beyond that.

I applied with the 5-year rule, I only submitted what was requested which was a copy of my greencard ( front and back ) and a copy of my marriage certificate. I did bring the original copies of the docs I submitted, my husband's original birth certificate, my 2 expired passports, 2 greencards and 3 years of tax returns, however, the IO only asked for my greencards, passport and my driver's license.

Please let me know if you need more info :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, varesident123 said:

Can we travel outside the country while waiting for interview letter. Did my FP in Feb. Have to travel to India for 2 weeks in Apr. Just curious if anyone travelled?

As long as your greencard is still valid, it is not a concern.  Timing, tho, depending on the processing office.  I am a Jan 2018 filer and went to Indonesia August 2018 for 1 month (gc expired in Oct 2018).  It was 7 months in the process.  Since Seattle office is backlogged, I wasn't too worried.

5 minutes ago, eastrawi said:

As long as your greencard is still valid, it is not a concern.  Timing, tho, depending on the processing office.  I am a Jan 2018 filer and went to Indonesia August 2018 for 1 month (gc expired in Oct 2018).  It was 7 months in the process.  Since Seattle office is backlogged, I wasn't too worried.

Thanks a lot for replying. I still have GC for next  5 years so hopefully should be fine :)

I know this says January filers but I have a question about the application itself. So whenever I open up the form it has a 03/31/2019 on top and some websites say thats an expiry date. Does any one know if thats the case and if so what is supposed to change or if that would affect the online application?

On 3/28/2019 at 6:04 PM, jhon30 said:

Hi guys 

had bad interview today , officer was so hard on me ,too many question about everything  since day one I came to the us , some question i forget like the address that I lived in 5 years ago , my wife first marriage ( my wife was married before and got divorced ), I passed the English test but he said no decision can't be made as of today I have to wait for letter ,its could be approval or more evidence , nightmare  , I can't believe it ,I applied thought marriage 3 years rule ,now I have to sit and wait 

good luck everyone ,

Sorry to hear about your interview.  But, thank you for sharing your experience.  We will carefully review our application information before we go to the interview. 

Received an e-mail about an hour ago that my interview has been scheduled! Woot!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

22 minutes ago, Slowloris said:

Received an e-mail about an hour ago that my interview has been scheduled! Woot!

Yay! Finally cases are moving! Hope ours will be soon. 

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

On 3/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, Toforo said:

Filed the N400  -                                                   23 January 2019
NOA for the N400 -                                              28 January 2019
Biometrics (St.Louis,MO) -                                 22 February 2019
Received Interview Appointment date -           02 March 2019
Interview date scheduled for (Kansas City) -  01 April 2019

Began as Philippines K1 Visa

She had her interview this morning in Kansas City. The appointment was at 9:30am, we showed up early, they called her name at 9:30.
She took an oath to tell the truth -
He told her that he would ask 10 questions, if she got 6 correct - she would pass. She answered the first 6 questions correctly -
He asked her a question in english and she was required to write the correct answer in english (they provided the answer) -
She signed some paperwork saying she would take the naturalization oath.
He congratulated her and told here to watch for the swearing-in ceremony notification.
The whole thing took less than 10 minutes.

From the day we mailed-in the N-400 application to the date she passed her interview was 2months and 1week.

7 minutes ago, allycaaaat said:

Random question:  Is the citizenship interview for both partners in a marriage-based N400 application?  Or is it just with the partner getting the citizenship?

Just the partner going for citizenship. I tried to walk with them into the office when they called her name and he stopped me and told me only her.

1 minute ago, Toforo said:

Just the partner going for citizenship. I tried to walk with them into the office when they called her name and he stopped me and told me only her.

Thanks @Toforo!  The last interview we had was for the both of us, so I thought this one might be too.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.