spielerin

N-400 Jan 2019 Filers

784 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 7:29 PM, pepper297 said:

Ok!  So my husband is officially approved!  We are just waiting for the oath date.  This was on the USCIS website when I checked tonight. 

March 8, 2019

We approved your application

Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony

We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.

Estimated wait time:

4 months

Current as of today at 8:18 p.m.

I guess we will see if it is really 4 months.  Everything has been moving so quickly with this particular application.  I remember the days when it seemed like our k1 would never get approved!  It felt like it took a lifetime! 

That's awesome! Did he tell you which questions he got asked for real? My interview is next week and I'm so anxious! I've been studying so hard I just need for the day to get here! 

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
11 hours ago, estrella said:

That's awesome! Did he tell you which questions he got asked for real? My interview is next week and I'm so anxious! I've been studying so hard I just need for the day to get here! 

He answered the first 6 questions right so they didn’t ask anymore. 

3 he remembers are:

president during  world war 1

2 house of representative members from our state 

the date the constitution was written

He used the USCIS civics app to study and watched a 35 minutes youtube video that has the same questions as the app but it's just presented in video form.  The link for that is:

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
11 hours ago, estrella said:

I'm sure you will do great!  He said if you study the material they give you, then you will pass.

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

I submitted the n400 application on January 9th this year while I had the i751 process pending. That day, I uploaded my old green card and the extension letters, along with taxes and other evidence. I got my 10 years green card today and I uploaded it as additional evidence for my n400 application. Should I send a message through the website, to let them know I uploaded today my new 10 years green card? Anyone here with a similar situation? Thanks! 

Edited by LizB0322

10 hours ago, LizB0322 said:

I submitted the n400 application on January 9th this year while I had the i751 process pending. That day, I uploaded my old green card and the extension letters, along with taxes and other evidence. I got my 10 years green card today and I uploaded it as additional evidence for my n400 application. Should I send a message through the website, to let them know I uploaded today my new 10 years green card? Anyone here with a similar situation? Thanks! 

Also I found an error made probably by a glitch. The screenshot form in question 3 part 10, it says 1 for me and 0 for my husband. In the application I filled out online, the question wasn't stated that way, but it only said: Have you been previously married?/ Has your spouse been previously married?, which I answered No for both questions. Should I include this matter in the message? I'm worried that because of this glitch mistake I’m probably not getting interview date maybe 🤔 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, LizB0322 said:

Also I found an error made probably by a glitch. The screenshot form in question 3 part 10, it says 1 for me and 0 for my husband. In the application I filled out online, the question wasn't stated that way, but it only said: Have you been previously married?/ Has your spouse been previously married?, which I answered No for both questions. Should I include this matter in the message? I'm worried that because of this glitch mistake I’m probably not getting interview date maybe 🤔 

All the corrections you have realized take a note of the same. During your interview you can correct the same. 

Also the document uploads can be done till the date of interview. I did provided new documentation the night before and let the IO know of the same. 

I didnot communicate anything outside of this. 

Please note that the interview letter are sent when your turn comes, and is not dependent on application errors. 

1 hour ago, exception1981 said:

All the corrections you have realized take a note of the same. During your interview you can correct the same. 

Also the document uploads can be done till the date of interview. I did provided new documentation the night before and let the IO know of the same. 

I didnot communicate anything outside of this. 

Please note that the interview letter are sent when your turn comes, and is not dependent on application errors. 

Thank you for the info! Congrats on being a citizen! Hopefully I'll get an interview appointment soon 🤞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Chicago processing time frame changed from 9 months to 10 months 😪😪😪

My hair color will be changed to white after this process 😣

Edited by Andriyyy

4 hours ago, Andriyyy said:

Chicago processing time frame changed from 9 months to 10 months 😪😪😪

My hair color will be changed to white after this process 😣

I don't know for anyone else, but I would NOT look for time frames/wait times online. 
I also have no faith in their email/text alerts (and I will show you why) - make sure your address with USCIS is current and just wait patiently for a letter.

Here is our timeline -
Filed the N400  -                                                   23 January 2019
NOA for the N400 -                                              28 January 2019
Biometrics (St.Louis,MO) -                                 22 February 2019
Received Interview Appointment date -           02 March 2019
Interview date scheduled for (Kansas City) -  01 April 2019

On Saturday 9 March, we received our first email "alert" from USCIS (no text alert) and the email alert said -

"
We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time "
We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on February 22, 2019.

This, of course, was received this past Saturday on 9 March - when in fact, we already have an interview date of 1 April.

For us,  the biggest "backlog" seems to be with electronic notifications lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Toforo said:

I don't know for anyone else, but I would NOT look for time frames/wait times online. 
I also have no faith in their email/text alerts (and I will show you why) - make sure your address with USCIS is current and just wait patiently for a letter.

Here is our timeline -
Filed the N400  -                                                   23 January 2019

On Saturday 9 March, we received our first email "alert" from USCIS (no text alert) and the email alert said -

"
We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on February 22, 2019.

This, of course, was received this past Saturday on 9 March - when in fact, we already have an interview date of 1 April.

That is right. i still receive alert for my another case completed in 2015 :D but the problem is that shows the office jacked up with more applications :(  

On 3/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, Toforo said:

Here is our timeline -

"

I got the same email today for the first time after doing biometrics on January 18th .. hoping to get interview date soon 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was reviewing my form for my interview next month when i notice i made mistakes on my form.. im just wondering how can i edit it? Im just so worried

Edited by brien0512

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, brien0512 said:

I was reviewing my form for my interview next month when i notice i made mistakes on my form.. im just wondering how can i edit? Im just so worried

they will give you the opportunity to update it at the interview 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, morgan.croft said:

they will give you the opportunity to update it at the interview 

Oh okey thank you.. i will remind them bout it too

7 hours ago, brien0512 said:

I was reviewing my form for my interview next month when i notice i made mistakes on my form.. im just wondering how can i edit it? Im just so worried

Under the Documents Tab of your Application for Naturalization, there is an Unsolicited Information/UPLOAD DOCUMENTS option shown below all of the documents that you uploaded.  We forgot to complete a section of the U.S. spouse.  We typed the questions on a blank sheet of paper and uploaded it with the rest of our documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.