MK_25

ALL Texas I-130 Filers

234 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

They may be requesting evidence.  I am not an expert but if you filed in 2017, a lot of times they are looking to see if your marriage is considered legitimate.  For example, if you haven't seen your spouse in over 2 years and so forth.  I would be prepared for just about anything. 

I am so excited if you got approved that fast!! I filed on Feb 28th with an acceptance date of 1 March. 

Yes.. very excited

42 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

They may be requesting evidence.  I am not an expert but if you filed in 2017, a lot of times they are looking to see if your marriage is considered legitimate.  For example, if you haven't seen your spouse in over 2 years and so forth.  I would be prepared for just about anything. 

I am so excited if you got approved that fast!! I filed on Feb 28th with an acceptance date of 1 March. 

But was wondering whether  people getting approval have petitioner are US citizen or a Green card holder. As USCIS website shows that January filers of green card holder petitioner are under process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, YasArr said:

But was wondering whether  people getting approval have petitioner are US citizen or a Green card holder. As USCIS website shows that January filers of green card holder petitioner are under process.

Yeah that is the interesting thing that I am not sure of.  I am a USC as are many others.  The USCIS Processing Times site some times has a lag by 2 months.  I remember when it said 6.5 - 8 months on USCIS when I filed in March and then by June it was at 8.5 - 10 months and never changed.  I am hopeful that by the end of the month those processing times change once again.  I believe the big delay was due to the cases that TSC and many other Service Centers received from California.  The site updates every few months with more realistic information.  I would definitely keep checking here as well as USCIS to compare the two sites. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Kingston

Marriage: 2019/02/14

I-130 sent: 2019/02/28

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/01

I-130 Approval: 2019/08/21

NVC Processing

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/11

Case receive NVC: 2019/09/18

Case # receive NVC: 2019/10/01

Pay AOS/IV Fees: 2019/10/01

Send AOS/IV Documents: 2019/10/05

3 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

Yeah that is the interesting thing that I am not sure of.  I am a USC as are many others.  The USCIS Processing Times site some times has a lag by 2 months.  I remember when it said 6.5 - 8 months on USCIS when I filed in March and then by June it was at 8.5 - 10 months and never changed.  I am hopeful that by the end of the month those processing times change once again.  I believe the big delay was due to the cases that TSC and many other Service Centers received from California.  The site updates every few months with more realistic information.  I would definitely keep checking here as well as USCIS to compare the two sites. 

Yes.. me too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tulip_1 said:

What does it mean?how my case will proceed?how will it take to get my interview date?actually i hve filed my case 11 april 2017..

20190809_144117.jpg

Did it go to California service center? If not you couldve sent an inquiry long ago.

8 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Woah. That's super fast. Do they just have less workload to manage or something? or do they just manage spousal visas? 

People here say/think Nebraska has poor management 👀

2 hours ago, SNJOHNSON said:

I think Potomac only processes USC 1-130 requests and not the LPR requests like all the other Service Centers.  I wish there was a rationale behind where they assign your case as I live within 30 minutes of the Potomac Service Center and my case went to Texas. 

2 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Ah. Yeah. My petitioner lives close to the TSC and I would honestly be okay with that, some of these service centers seem a lot slower than TSC.

2 hours ago, Gojo said:

So do I. Im really close to Potomac about 15 minutes and it got sent to Texas. 

I thought about it the other day and I havent read about anyone whos been sent to the service center near where they live.

My husband is in California and I was terrified we would be sent there but we got Texas lol.

I believe it is to avoid being adjudicated by someone who knows you. If you are from Texas and are sent to the Texas sc, your petition has a higher chance of being adjudicated by someone you know IRL and you could get a preferred adjudication. IMO they want to keep things fair.

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

19 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Did it go to California service center? If not you couldve sent an inquiry long ago.

People here say/think Nebraska has poor management 👀

I thought about it the other day and I havent read about anyone whos been sent to the service center near where they live.

My husband is in California and I was terrified we would be sent there but we got Texas lol.

I believe it is to avoid being adjudicated by someone who knows you. If you are from Texas and are sent to the Texas sc, your petition has a higher chance of being adjudicated by someone you know IRL and you could get a preferred adjudication. IMO they want to keep things fair.

Yes my service centre is california..do u hve any idea how much time will it take to get my interview date?

2 hours ago, SNJOHNSON said:

I am not sure of your exact question, but if that is the notification that you see on USCIS after you filed, I think that is the standard notification.  When I submitted my husband's petition I did include a few photos of us.  If you are referencing a notice received after the NOA2 then here is the link that should help you with NVC.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Thanks for the co operation..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tulip_1 said:

Yes my service centre is california..do u hve any idea how much time will it take to get my interview date?

interview date after i130 approval? that depends on your embassy. I have no idea for Pakistan, try to find other threads here or on facebook, etc. 

I found out through facebook groups how my country's embassy is doing.. it takes around 10 months to get an appt date. 😴

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, YasArr said:

If you didn't get NOA2 yet, how we can know that our case is with officer right now... As you told... Can you please explain me??

We did a case inquiry that was escalated after we spoke to a tier 2 rep because they made a mistake on our case. In their response to our case inquiry they said that our case is with an officer. There's unfortunately no other way to know. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tulip_1 said:

What does it mean?how my case will proceed?how will it take to get my interview date?actually i hve filed my case 11 april 2017..

20190809_144117.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the same for California, but every time I've seen someone have this status they've received an NOID. When you get it in the mail it will tell you what information they need from you and if they are satisfied with what you provide then they will approve it rather than deny it. We can't tell you exactly what they're going to require but it's usually something vital that is missing such as pages from the forms or all supporting documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc). Once you get your NOA2, if your PD is current, I believe it's around 6 months to go through NVC and have your interview (though some countries are faster and some are slower). Unfortunately, if the beneficiary is a male and is from Pakistan (as is on your profile), there is a high chance you will go through administrative processing after the interview which has no timeline.

Good luck, I know it'll work out just fine!

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

20 minutes ago, DGF said:

I'm not sure if it's the same for California, but every time I've seen someone have this status they've received an NOID. When you get it in the mail it will tell you what information they need from you and if they are satisfied with what you provide then they will approve it rather than deny it. We can't tell you exactly what they're going to require but it's usually something vital that is missing such as pages from the forms or all supporting documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc). Once you get your NOA2, if your PD is current, I believe it's around 6 months to go through NVC and have your interview (though some countries are faster and some are slower). Unfortunately, if the beneficiary is a male and is from Pakistan (as is on your profile), there is a high chance you will go through administrative processing after the interview which has no timeline.

Good luck, I know it'll work out just fine!

Thanks...by the way I m the beneficiary(female) frm pakistan..but we have submitted birth certificate,marriage certificate,passport photo copy etc..its already 2 and a half years since we filed the case i.e april 2017

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tulip_1 said:

Thanks...by the way I m the beneficiary(female) frm pakistan..but we have submitted birth certificate,marriage certificate,passport photo copy etc..its already 2 and a half years since we filed the case i.e april 2017

2.5 years is definitely a long time, but CSC's current range is 1.5 - 2 years so if they had to do an extended background check an extra 6 month delay is not unheard of and could possibly be the reason for the NOID. Since it's been so long it's also possible that the NOID is for an expired form. But that's all just speculation, you'll have to wait for the letter to know for sure.

Since you're female the chances of AP are much less, so that's good for your overall timeline. I'm assuming the petitioner is a permanent resident and not a citizen, so do you know if your PD is current?

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, DGF said:

2.5 years is definitely a long time, but CSC's current range is 1.5 - 2 years so if they had to do an extended background check an extra 6 month delay is not unheard of and could possibly be the reason for the NOID. Since it's been so long it's also possible that the NOID is for an expired form. But that's all just speculation, you'll have to wait for the letter to know for sure.

Since you're female the chances of AP are much less, so that's good for your overall timeline. I'm assuming the petitioner is a permanent resident and not a citizen, so do you know if your PD is current?

Yes my husband is permanent resident..hve no idea about PD..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.