Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
57 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!!!! 😭 and on we stroll along!

LOL..........sweet baby jesus !!!       OK, on your question about case number..............I called last Thursday morning at 11am.   They had nothing, no receipt of our case.   At 7:54pm, I got an email telling me the case number.    Others I've seen are a day or two.   You're a slam dunk for March 5 getting your case this early.   Big congrats....very happy for you.

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Gc0988 said:

Gotta stay positive. Any news how long it takes to get the number? Im anxious now lol 

Most I've seen are within the same day up to 48 hours. Hopefully we get something soon!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Just now, DanielPlainview said:

LOL..........sweet baby jesus !!!       OK, on your question about case number..............I called last Thursday morning at 11am.   They had nothing, no receipt of our case.   At 7:54pm, I got an email telling me the case number.    Others I've seen are a day or two.   You're a slam dunk for March 5 getting your case this early.   Big congrats....very happy for you.

Thank youu!!!! I do hope so! If we get the case number today or tomorrow that gives a whole week before it ships out so hopefully we would be one of the first ones out come then. Aww man I just had coffee before I read that email and with the high of the email and the coffee combined, I'm running around like a chicken without a head.... but I'm thrilled!!

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

14 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Most I've seen are within the same day up to 48 hours. Hopefully we get something soon!

Its that quick?! Lol i figured it would be a week or so at minimum. Now u got me exciteddd. Lmao i feel like a little kid on christmas

2 minutes ago, Gc0988 said:

Its that quick?! Lol i figured it would be a week or so at minimum. Now u got me exciteddd. Lmao i feel like a little kid on christmas

I know right?! I hope it works out that way for us lol

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline

OK, so getting a little late in the day, so broke down and called NVC for information on our case and the mailing.  She gave me the in processing response that I anticipated, and I asked if she could tell whether or not I'd make this week's mailing.  Deer in headlights.......had no clue what I was talking about.  I mentioned that the NVC updated cases to "In Transit" send them to the embassy every other week and today was the day.   "I've never heard that before, and I work here.  They are sent electronically as soon as we finish them. ".   😂     Ok, so now based on that response, I'm not sure we can believe anything else that she is guessing for me, but I asked what are the hours for the people working on processing applications.   She responded 6:30am to midnight.  Also asked if the shorted call center hours also applied to the processing group.  She said "no".    The last two Bangkok shipments departed NVC on Wednesday afternoon, so hopefully those of us assigned case numbers late in the cycle still have a shot.

Edited by DanielPlainview

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

Received today that NVC has sent my application to Manila.

with a Feb 15 case number assignment date!   Great to hear.   Hey, did you really have to wait from 2/4 NVC receipt to 2/15 for a case number ??   That's a long time.

Edited by DanielPlainview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Polinachka said:

So Just called NVC and asked them what embassy our case is being sent to because the status on the case according to the CEAC website was "At NVC" when I talked to the Lady she said that our was no longer at NVC but was sent back to USCIS. Anyone know why? Or has had a similar situation?? Really would like some help on finding out whats going on? 😕

Hi! We are in the same situation... We were waiting 35 days( NOA2 January 7th) just to find out that our case was sent back to the USCIS... Never asked why, but I am guessing it was a stamp 😕

On January 31 case returned to USCIS

On February 13 case was approved and few days later we got new NOA2 letter...

The worst is we lost 5 weeks for someones mistake and now we are waiting over again...

Good luck to You! Be strong!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

with a Feb 15 case number assignment date!   Great to hear.   Hey, did you really have to wait from 2/4 NVC receipt to 2/15 for a case number ??   That's a long time.

USCIS sent me an e-mail in January 11th that it was approved and that they sent it to NVC. I waited 2 weeks, gave NVC a call. Told the typical response, of "It can take up to 6 weeks". So waited another week, called and they gave me the MNL number. Just got the e-mail today when I was talking about planning my trip to the Philippines to be with her for the interview with a co-worker, but waiting on the e-mail stating that it had been sent to Manila. So apparently someone's ears were ringing at NVC....

I still can't check my status at CEAC though, which is weird....

Edited by Gregor Hanston
Adding

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

I still can't check my status at CEAC though, which is weird.... 

make certain that u select "immigrant visa" on ceac.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

Yeah, I've done both...

Id give it until Wednesday. Some folks have noticed CEAC gets a big batch- update on Tuesday nights. Since your case number is really really fresh it's probably queued for tonight's run.

1 hour ago, celie&joseph said:

I know right?! I hope it works out that way for us lol

Did you put ur email on asknvc?  Im just wondering if I should keep calling for the case number. Or wait for the email lol trying not to be impatient here 😌🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.