Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mark and Rosa said:

I think google chrome is a bit troublesome when it comes to accomplishing this ds-160, it always give me errors in retrieving my application. I just finished my ds-160 using internet explorer latest version and didn't even gave me any problem. Tried to retrieve my application and VOILA...😉.

Just have one slight question about my uploaded picture. Is it really a bit blurry after successful upload?

I used one of those photo places that take passport pictures at the mall here in the Philippines.  I had them to put one of the photos on my thumb drive and I used that to upload my fiancé's photo on the DS-160 without any issues

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

American Consul in Guyana

(NO APPOINTMENT DATES AVAILABLE)

I thought I'd share... I had to write to them to check on the status about a week after they shouldve received our K1 Visa app. They sent the P3 the next morning.

Once we sent back the items for the P3, we were told there are currently no appointment dates available but we would be placed in a queue for when future dates do become available. We were also told it could be 1-2 months wait for dates to become available. Grrr...

Edited by Chris&Ale

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 1:33 PM, LaLaRI said:

I’m dealing with the same issue :( what does your timeline look like so I know when I should request for a tier 2.

approved Jan 7

called NVC 1/30 was advised they returned the case that day due to an isse

called nvc 1/31 and was advised due to incorrect stamp

called USCIS 2/4 they have yet to receive any notification 

I called this morning 2/14 nothing and that I should wait 30 days to 190 days..

i dont even know whwre my application is at the moment, I’m already thinking the worse. How long til you got got an answer from the tier 2??

Hi LaLaRI

We are in the in the same situation. Here is our timeline.

Approved and received NOA2 on Jan 7th

Called every two weeks to check on the status and was told the case had not reached the NVC.

Received an email on Feb 13th stating our case was sent back to the USCIS on Jan 30th. 

Check the USCIS website and our case was reaffirmed and sent back to NVC on Feb 13th.

Received second NOA2 on Feb 16th.

Hopefully both of our cases will be corrected and sent through soon! Good luck!! 👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Your answer is spot on. If couples aren't together anymore then who will show up for the interview. No ONE so letter of intent is not needed.

Well, I could see a possible situation where the fianc(e)e was just in it for the visa and even after breakup still sees a possible opportunity to try to get through the interview and get one anyway, without the beneficiary's knowledge.

11 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well, I could see a possible situation where the fianc(e)e was just in it for the visa and even after breakup still sees a possible opportunity to try to get through the interview and get one anyway, without the beneficiary's knowledge.

Good point.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Preparing Materials For Interview

Hi all, I recently heard that embassies will not allow you to bring in those binders with the metal rings. Can anyone else corroborate this? If so, I'm going to have to pull ours apart and figure out how to organize in a plastic folder.

Any suggestions?

IMG-20190217-WA0001.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Can anyone else corroborate this? I

last week in the middle east 3-ring binders with metal rings were allowed.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TandSarahJane said:

last week in the middle east 3-ring binders with metal rings were allowed.

Thanks! I think I'm going to email and ask the embassy. I'm not really sure what kind of danger a 3 ring binder could present. Haha

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chris&Ale said:

Thanks! I think I'm going to email and ask the embassy. I'm not really sure what kind of danger a 3 ring binder could present. Haha

Have u ever pinched your finger in one?

2 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

Preparing Materials For Interview

Hi all, I recently heard that embassies will not allow you to bring in those binders with the metal rings. Can anyone else corroborate this? If so, I'm going to have to pull ours apart and figure out how to organize in a plastic folder.

Any suggestions?

Bring the binder and if it's a problem remove the plastic pages and toss the binder in the trash. You're over thinking this minor item.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

13 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

What is the A number by the beneficiary name on NOA2

A number or better know as the Alien Number is just another number that USCIS and DOS use; much like the case number. But the A number follows you forever and the case number is a one time use number. You will use the A# for AOS, ROC and naturalization paperwork.

“A” number is short for Alien Registration Number. It is a unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a noncitizen. The 9-digit USCIS number listed on permanent resident green cards issued after May 10, 2010, is the same as the A-number. The A-number can also be found on the back of green cards. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

A number or better know as the Alien Number is just another number that USCIS and DOS use; much like the case number. But the A number follows you forever and the case number is a one time use number. You will use the A# for AOS, ROC and naturalization paperwork.

“A” number is short for Alien Registration Number. It is a unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a noncitizen. The 9-digit USCIS number listed on permanent resident green cards issued after May 10, 2010, is the same as the A-number. The A-number can also be found on the back of green cards. 

Ok thank you very much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.