Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

Thank you as always for your brain @Greenbaum it was the expiry date that through us completely, and because we got RFE's during the i-129 stage we didn't want to bring the wrong thing. We want to get it done now as my fiance will be in Ireland from Friday for a week, again trying to be prepared as much as we can, should we wait before completing it? 

I can't say if you should wait or not. The form could still be current at the time of the interview and you may need a wet signature on the document and since petitionary is there they can sign it. This is your call.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 minutes ago, yahoo263 said:

Posting this update to see if anyone has ever experienced a similar incident.

Soooo...our case was sent to Sydney Embassy last week, was scheduled for delivery today Monday the 11th (Australia time). I was tracking the delivery via DHL throughout last week. I checked the DHL tracking this morning excited to confirm that it was finally received and to my dismay it had NOT. It appears the DHL Courier attempted to deliver the package after the embassy had already closed for the day so no delivery was made.  (Fiance says they close at 4:30pm)

I know they will attempt delivery again tomorrow probably, so I still think no reason for us to be overly worried yet. but would be lying if I said this wasn't causing a little mild worrying. I'm curious if anyone knows how the Embassies handle these kind of delivery issues? is this common?  I read on the DHL website that they only attempt 2 deliveries and if both fail they will only hold the package for another 5-7 days before shipping it back to sender??😐

@Greenbaum any past cases you are familiar with where this has happened? I still situation unusual or common? Just not sure what to make of it. 

image.png.7da4c72b46c0b74c3c4624000e73b2f2.png

I don't think you have a problem here with the delivery except for not having enough patience and not trusting the system. Relax. This is a minor set back and your case file will be delivered tomorrow.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

21 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

May I please have the link for the P3 for Moscow?  Thank you in advance 

Information needed for the interview

https://ru.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No
Information needed for the interview
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-iv-typek.asp
Russian Portal here on VJ
https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Russia&cty=Moscow
Your sub-forum for questions specifically for Russia. This is where you need to go now.
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't think you have a problem here with the delivery except for not having enough patience and not trusting the system. Relax. This is a minor set back and your case file will be delivered tomorrow.

Haha @Greenbaum you soo right, I got burned few years back when I applied for naturalization and my case got messed up and I had to re-do my fingerprints twice and took 28 months to get everything sorted. So that experience left me with tonnes of trust issues with the process.

Thanks for your insight throughout this journey.

1 minute ago, yahoo263 said:

Haha @Greenbaum you soo right, I got burned few years back when I applied for naturalization and my case got messed up and I had to re-do my fingerprints twice and took 28 months to get everything sorted. So that experience left me with tonnes of trust issues with the process.

Thanks for your insight throughout this journey.

I can appreciate your experience with past issues. you are the exception to the rule. Many make this into something bigger then it is but you are dealing from experience so I understand. Still you just need to control what you can control and the other should take care of itself.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just spoke with USCIS tier 2: my petition has been in the process of being shipped to the NVC since Tues Feb 5, yet is still at the USCIS CSC as of Mon, Feb 11.  

NOA2: Jan 22. (USCIS agent told me Jan 23 though)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
22 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

I realize this is not much consolation, but after 6 weeks you can file a research request with USCIS as noted on the NOA2.   In the meantime, try calling USCIS a few more times.   The average is 23 days, so you're not much over, but my experience was that they gave me different answers when I called.   Most recently, the first person on the phone told me it's automatically sent the day of the approval.   That person transferred me to a Tier 2 representative, who told me it was sent on Feb 6.   (our NOA2 is Jan 18).   She also informed me that a letter was sent to me confirming this information.   A few days before that, a rep had provided me with an reference number which he said was a request to the California processing center to request a  status.    The calls may have had zero "real" value, but may be of some "psychological" value.  

Yeah this is what we will do if nothing change in a week. I will give them few more days... Thanks! 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, Greenbaum said:

CFO acts sometimes like they are the Gestapo.

NOTE for others: The Gestapo (German pronunciation: [ɡeˈstaːpo, ɡəˈʃtaːpo] ( listen)), abbreviation of Geheime Staatspolizei (Secret State Police), was the official secret police of Nazi Germany and German-occupied Europe.

This is why we did the CFO in September in Cebu when I was there with her. 1. To give her practice and build her confidence for interviewing, and 2. If there was a problem we would have plenty of time for us to overcome it.  It turned out to be absolutely painless...

Finally done...

12 minutes ago, Spotify said:

NOA2: 1/22/2019

Still no case number as of today.

mine was 1/25, i am not expecting them to have it until next week or the week after.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Spotify said:

Has the NVC received your petition?  We have the same NOA2 date and mine is still at the CSC in the process of being shipped.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Spotify said:

They continue to work through the day.  I received the case # at @ 8 pm est on a Friday night.  The person I spoke with said that if I’d called 10 prior I would have been told that the case # hadn’t been assigned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.