2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Jan 08 submitted I-751 to remove conditions 

Jan 14 checks cashed

Jan 25 I-797C, biometrics noa received 

Feb 13 biometrics appointment 

At this point in time I still have not received my extension letter. My case status says something to the extent of "received your case, there is nothing you need to do at this point, we will let you know". I sent them a message today through "My USCIS" asking them to send me the extension letter. How do I E- request the extension letter?

Edited by TrufflePiggy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
25 minutes ago, TrufflePiggy said:

Jan 14 checks cashed

At this point in time I still have not received my extension letter. My case status says something to the extent of "received your case, there is nothing you need to do at this point, we will let you know". I sent them a message today through "My USCIS" asking them to send me the extension letter. Does the extension letter usually get sent with the biometrics letter?

The Form I-797, Notice of Action, I-751 Receipt Notice (NOA1) is generally what USCIS sends, and serves as the GC 18 month extension letter. If you didn't get your copy, best be contacting USCIS and get a copy. I would think that the extension letter should have been received by you  before the Form I-797C, ASC Biometrics Appointment notice.

If USCIS can't or won't give you a I-751 receipt notice, consider making an info pass appointment, explain the situation and get a Form I-551 stamp in your passport in lieu of the I-751 (NOA1) receipt/letter.

Best wishes on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

The Form I-797, Notice of Action, I-751 Receipt Notice (NOA1) is generally what USCIS sends, and serves as the GC 18 month extension letter. If you didn't get your copy, best be contacting USCIS and get a copy. I would think that the extension letter should have been received by you  before the Form I-797C, ASC Biometrics Appointment notice.

If USCIS can't or won't give you a I-751 receipt notice, consider making an info pass appointment, explain the situation and get a Form I-551 stamp in your passport.

Best wishes on your immigration journey.

Thank you for this! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

22 hours ago, TrufflePiggy said:

Jan 14 checks cashed

At this point in time I still have not received my extension letter. My case status says something to the extent of "received your case, there is nothing you need to do at this point, we will let you know". I sent them a message today through "My USCIS" asking them to send me the extension letter. How do I E- request the extension letter?

I Just got my extension letter NOA1 (5/21/2019). They received my documents on 1/15/2019. I had to contact them at least 5 times to get my NOA1/Extension letter.

I'm still waiting for the next steps though...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

LOl! My case took so long that I can't update my timeline on Visa Journey anymore. 

Documents received: 1/15/2019

NOA 1: 5/21/2019

From Visa Journey

WARNING: There appears to be a mistake in your form!

One of the dates or entries you entered seems to be incorrect. Here are a few common reasons why:

ball.gif Some dates may be entered incorrectly or out of order (ex: An NOA2 date before and NOA1 date).

ball.gif Time between when a petition (ex: I-129F) was mailed to the USCIS and the NOA1 (Notice of Receipt) may be too long. NOA1s (the date on the form itself) should be within eight weeks (max) of the date you originally sent the form to the USCIS.

Click the button below to return to the previous screen to fix the problem (problems will highlighted in red).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Stela said:

LOl! My case took so long that I can't update my timeline on Visa Journey anymore. 

Documents received: 1/15/2019

NOA 1: 5/21/2019

From Visa Journey

WARNING: There appears to be a mistake in your form!

One of the dates or entries you entered seems to be incorrect. Here are a few common reasons why:

ball.gif Some dates may be entered incorrectly or out of order (ex: An NOA2 date before and NOA1 date).

ball.gif Time between when a petition (ex: I-129F) was mailed to the USCIS and the NOA1 (Notice of Receipt) may be too long. NOA1s (the date on the form itself) should be within eight weeks (max) of the date you originally sent the form to the USCIS.

Click the button below to return to the previous screen to fix the problem (problems will highlighted in red).

Ahh, back when the USCIS processing times were reasonable.  Not the current “between now and forever” 😂😂

I filled by the end of March, already got my fingerprint reivewed and everything for more than a month already. Nothing has changed, havent recieved any new notices, nothing, and it's making me crazy and pissed off! My green card is expired, I do have my extension notice but still, I want the process finished already, this is so frustrating

Timeline
3 hours ago, jumalautaperkele said:

I filled by the end of March, already got my fingerprint reivewed and everything for more than a month already. Nothing has changed, havent recieved any new notices, nothing, and it's making me crazy and pissed off! My green card is expired, I do have my extension notice but still, I want the process finished already, this is so frustrating

You’re going to want to relax:  processing times across all service centers is 15-24 months, so it’ll be a while still before you hear anything.  At least this time you’re already with your spouse, instead of having to be apart. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jumalautaperkele said:

Up to 24 months? That's INSANE! I think I will file for citizenship before I even get the i-751 approved 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, I’d suggest perusing this site a little more.  Nothing moves fast in immigration.

You can certainly apply for citizenship when your window opens, even with the i751 pending.  Generally they will add the ROC to the N400 and you will have a combination interview for both, although, a few stories lately show sometimes this doesn’t happen and you have your citizenship interview, which will sit pending until ROC is adjudicated.  (They cannot grant citizenship until ROC is complete).

It’s not your first time around with immigration - surely you remember the system is far from perfect and slow as a turtle.

2 hours ago, jumalautaperkele said:

Up to 24 months? That's INSANE! I think I will file for citizenship before I even get the i-751 approved 🤦‍♂️

In response to congressional inquiries USCIS explained why the processing time has been delayed across all petition type. You can find it at USCIS electronic reading files that analyzed why and how.

Also USCIS responded that they will start to catch up the speed as it used to since they see significant drops in Asylum seekers and DACA application that were main reasons that USCIS had to pull adjudicating officers to temporary DACA and Asylum assignments. 

I think this explains a lot in regards to I 751 where conditional LPR technically has the same right as normal LPR. 

Im not here to argue USCIS has to pull its resources from flimsy and thin ice legal ground for asylum and DACA but the drops in both application will be helpful for USCIS to redistribute its officers more to I 751 and we may be able to see faster timeline. 

Hang in tight but don't hope too much i would suggest

On 5/30/2019 at 12:01 PM, tomvu1606 said:

Does anyone file I-751 from the Nebraska Center with LIN******** have any update on their files for the biometric appointment? Besides two duplicated NOA1 I got after an e-request, I still have nothing. 

I filed with them and I haven’t received a Biometrics appointment yet but I also don’t expect to get one anytime soon. They took 3 months to send me my I-797 notice

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey LIN Filers,

please take a minute and post your dates here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0 

Earliest date of filing: May 26 2019

Package Delivered: May 29th 10AM via UPS Overnight 

Money Order Paid: June 03 2019

Text Message with LIN# : Jun 04 2019 6:18PM

NOA Received : Jun 06 2019 (dated  05/31/2019)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 10/11/2019

Biometrics completed: 10/21/2019

Online Approval: 04/17/2020 " new card is being produced"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rash1804 said:

Hey LIN Filers,

please take a minute and post your dates here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0 

IGNORE!!

I just found another active LIN file 

Earliest date of filing: May 26 2019

Package Delivered: May 29th 10AM via UPS Overnight 

Money Order Paid: June 03 2019

Text Message with LIN# : Jun 04 2019 6:18PM

NOA Received : Jun 06 2019 (dated  05/31/2019)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 10/11/2019

Biometrics completed: 10/21/2019

Online Approval: 04/17/2020 " new card is being produced"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.