2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/22/2019 at 4:04 PM, Rick & Apple said:

Received 18 month extension letter in the mail today.

Yay!!  We did too!! It's a greenish copy with a faded imaged of the statue of liberty behind the copy. Do you know if that's the official copy we use for traveling? 

1/17/2019.........Mailed ROC package via USPS, two day shipping to Dallas, TX

1/19/2019........Package delivered

1/22/19............Case Received

1/28/2019........Received text from USCIS with case received information and receipt number

1/28/2019........Bank check was cashed 

3/4/2019..........Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3/15/2019........Received email confirmation that a duplicate receipt was in its way

3/23/2019.........Received 18 month extension letter in the mail

7/5/2019...........Biometrics completed

3/11/2020........Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Status Online. As of 4/13 we have not received any notifications

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, thejusts said:

Yay!!  We did too!! It's a greenish copy with a faded imaged of the statue of liberty behind the copy. Do you know if that's the official copy we use for traveling? 

Yes, that's an original extension letter that can be used for travel 👍

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

Aug 2016: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

Naturalization Process for Spouse - in research stage (Completed in X mos. X days)

8/7/24: started research and prep for upcoming filing of N-400 Online

TBD: Filed N-400 Online

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, MariaR323 said:

Yes, that's an original extension letter that can be used for travel 👍

Cool! Thanks! and it's on heavier stock and no where does it say it's a courtesy copy. I am just nervous traveling with a piece of paper and an expired green card. Been reading way too many horror stories of actual citizens being detained for hours as immigration had to check their eligibility at a port of entry. It's just so scary right now.  :cry:

1/17/2019.........Mailed ROC package via USPS, two day shipping to Dallas, TX

1/19/2019........Package delivered

1/22/19............Case Received

1/28/2019........Received text from USCIS with case received information and receipt number

1/28/2019........Bank check was cashed 

3/4/2019..........Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3/15/2019........Received email confirmation that a duplicate receipt was in its way

3/23/2019.........Received 18 month extension letter in the mail

7/5/2019...........Biometrics completed

3/11/2020........Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Status Online. As of 4/13 we have not received any notifications

Just an update too, I received in the mail yesterday my biometrics appointment for April 4.. I sent my packet jan 28, I received my NOA 18 month extension Feb 13 and March 23 my biometrics.. I'm glad not much waiting time..

ROC Timeline:

01/28/2018 - Sent I-175 Packet to Dallas Lockbox

02/01/2019 - Case was received 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, thejusts said:

Cool! Thanks! and it's on heavier stock and no where does it say it's a courtesy copy. I am just nervous traveling with a piece of paper and an expired green card. Been reading way too many horror stories of actual citizens being detained for hours as immigration had to check their eligibility at a port of entry. It's just so scary right now.  :cry:

Sometimes I think that’s more a lack of knowledge of airline staff.

8 minutes ago, j&j12 said:

Just an update too, I received in the mail yesterday my biometrics appointment for April 4.. I sent my packet jan 28, I received my NOA 18 month extension Feb 13 and March 23 my biometrics.. I'm glad not much waiting time..

After April 4th will be another story of looooooong waiting period. 

12 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Sometimes I think that’s more a lack of knowledge of airline staff.

After April 4th will be another story of looooooong waiting period. 

Ugh, sucks to wait.. If they will send RFE, would it be after the biometrics? 

ROC Timeline:

Timeline
14 minutes ago, j&j12 said:

Ugh, sucks to wait.. If they will send RFE, would it be after the biometrics? 

I think an RFE would come sometime down the road when it’s being looked at for an adjudication.

My husband’s friend also is going through the immigration process with his wife, and they have gotten rfe’s for both the I129F and the I-485, and both times it came closer to when they should have been getting an approval. 

12 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

I think an RFE would come sometime down the road when it’s being looked at for an adjudication.

My husband’s friend also is going through the immigration process with his wife, and they have gotten rfe’s for both the I129F and the I-485, and both times it came closer to when they should have been getting an approval. 

I see.. Crossfingers for no rfe.. 

ROC Timeline:

On 3/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, Milyf said:

Hi everyone, I filed the I-751 on January 7th and still haven't received the noa. On February 20th an agent told me that it wasn't sent so he would make a request but a month later still nothing so I called again today and they told me they will make a request again because the other one wasn't answered...my GC expires April 7th so they are also requesting an info pass and they will call me within 72 hours to schedule it. This is so frustrating, I don't know what else to do, I suppose I just have to wait.

Is there anyone who is having the same trouble? I filed in Dallas and my receipt starts with SRC.

Thanks.

My infopass was scheduled for April 1st, I understand they will stamp my passport. I have some questions for them of course but what do you advise I should ask to make sure I'm not leaving anything important.

Thanks.

Hello Guys! Just wanted to talk about my experience in case any one is getting anxiety due to not receiving their extension letter.

01/11/2019 We delivered our package to the Texas Service Center.

01/14/2019 The package was received

03/08/2019 Submitted an inquiry due to not receiving the extension and obtained a receipt number that starts with SRC 

03/19/2019 Received an email which stated the following: 

The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Our records indicate that on January 16, 2019, we sent you a receipt notice to the address on file at the time. You recently called to inform us that you have not received the notice. The receipt notice has not been returned to us by the post office as undeliverable.  As a courtesy, we will mail a duplicate receipt notice.

03/25/2019 I finally received the extension letter this afternoon! I called USCIS this morning regarding the submitted inquiry and she was very helpful! I was freaking out since my GC expires in exactly one week! She gave me details on when the letter was mailed out  (03/20/2019) and that this was the first time they where sending out the letter. In addition, I explained to her that I was having difficulties viewing the status of my case online, since I would always obtain an error message. She advised me to create an USCIS account to get updates and IT WORKED!  (By using the Check Case Status feature without login in I always get an ERROR message)

I hope someone finds this helpful!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Also received my 18-month extension on the 26th.

Kinda nervous for biometrics, as we have travel scheduled between April 18-23. Just have to hope it doesn't randomly pop up during that time.

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

My wife and I filed in January, too, and we still haven’t received a notice of receipt at all. She only received a text message a few days after it was received, and the case number they provided doesn’t show up as valid in the system. While we spoke with an officer at our local office and her case is in the system, should we be concerned that we haven’t gotten the mailed notice / receipt? 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, oliverandsian said:

My wife and I filed in January, too, and we still haven’t received a notice of receipt at all. She only received a text message a few days after it was received, and the case number they provided doesn’t show up as valid in the system. While we spoke with an officer at our local office and her case is in the system, should we be concerned that we haven’t gotten the mailed notice / receipt? 

Use the USCIS my account case checker instead.  

Yes, you should have your NOA1.  Please open a service request for non-delivery so they will mail it out.  That will be the tangible proof of status once the green card expires (in concert with the physical expired greencard).

1 hour ago, oliverandsian said:

1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

Use the USCIS my account case checker instead.  

Yes, you should have your NOA1.  Please open a service request for non-delivery so they will mail it out.  That will be the tangible proof of status once the green card expires (in concert with the physical expired greencard).

Here is the link.
https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

After you set up your account, click on Resources, then click on Ask About Missing Mail.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.