2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, LoRo said:

I sent it through Ups to the Sky Harbor Circle address on the 17th of January, delivery on the 22nd because of the MLK day. Package was accepted on the 24th, cashes check on the 25th, text receipt on the 28th..🤷🏻‍♀️

This is crazy, we have almost similar timelines and only vary by a couple days at most.

Could it be that maybe it's just a "user error" and the person that handled your packet maybe didn't do something right or didn't tick off a check mark or something for the system to update with your case...

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

Aug 2016: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

Naturalization Process for Spouse - in research stage (Completed in X mos. X days)

8/7/24: started research and prep for upcoming filing of N-400 Online

TBD: Filed N-400 Online

:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MariaR323 said:

This is crazy, we have almost similar timelines and only vary by a couple days at most.

Could it be that maybe it's just a "user error" and the person that handled your packet maybe didn't do something right or didn't tick off a check mark or something for the system to update with your case...

I have no idea but this is so frustrating... plus I asked the rep over the phone what is happening and she was like a robot.... repeating the same answers... she was able to tell me that the paper receipt hasn’t been mailed yet! 😩 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LoRo said:

I have no idea but this is so frustrating... plus I asked the rep over the phone what is happening and she was like a robot.... repeating the same answers... she was able to tell me that the paper receipt hasn’t been mailed yet! 😩 

Go figures, I believe they have scripts they're supposed to read off to answer certain questions. It's like a "catch all" response.

Don't worry, wait until your 30 day mark, and then you can submit a service request online for the NOA.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

Aug 2016: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

Naturalization Process for Spouse - in research stage (Completed in X mos. X days)

8/7/24: started research and prep for upcoming filing of N-400 Online

TBD: Filed N-400 Online

:)

11 hours ago, dhru1405 said:

hello all, i filed for my wife early Jan. I got a notice of action 797c which is requesting for biometric information. i never received extension letter for her, i am confused as to why there was no extension letter. Her GC expired today and I'm worried, please help me understand this process.

I believe they are taking longer than expected to mail the NOAs. You could call them and possibly get an I-551 stamp.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
15 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

I received my bio letter first and still waiting on an extension letter.  

Not sure if the info is correct. But I spoke to a tier 2 officer a few days ago and she told me there will be no extension until they get my fingerprint and cleared by fbi. Does that make sense?

i130 (both parents)

2021/06/04 i130 filed online, routed to Nebraska

2021/09/03 RFE received, responded within a day
2021/11/19 Both i130 approved.

Currently waiting for cases to be transferred to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, NYC waiting game said:

Not sure if the info is correct. But I spoke to a tier 2 officer a few days ago and she told me there will be no extension until they get my fingerprint and cleared by fbi. Does that make sense?

No, it doesn't make sense at all.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, thetrademark said:

I believe they are taking longer than expected to mail the NOAs. You could call them and possibly get an I-551 stamp.

I called uscis but they won't let me get an info pass appoint for the stamp. And you all know NY federal plaza doesn't accept walk-ins either.

i130 (both parents)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

I would agree. None of the USCIS staff are giving me any valid information. Im just anxiously waiting for my 30days to request another copy of the receipt. Do we need the original to travel or is the duplicate copy ok? Because I need to travel in April. 

i130 (both parents)

3 minutes ago, NYC waiting game said:

I called uscis but they won't let me get an info pass appoint for the stamp. And you all know NY federal plaza doesn't accept walk-ins either.

I think I read that you need to be within 30 days of green card expiration to get the stamp. Maybe the thinking is you should receive the extension by then.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NYC waiting game said:

I would agree. None of the USCIS staff are giving me any valid information. Im just anxiously waiting for my 30days to request another copy of the receipt. Do we need the original to travel or is the duplicate copy ok? Because I need to travel in April. 

As I understand it, you need the original to travel or have the passport stamp.  We are also traveling internationally in April so if we don't get an original, then we will make an infopass appointment a few weeks prior to our trip to get the stamp.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

I think I read that you need to be within 30 days of green card expiration to get the stamp. Maybe the thinking is you should receive the extension by then.

I heard:( hopefully will get that in time!

i130 (both parents)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, NYC waiting game said:

11 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

I can understand the logic behind that.  Before they grant you another 18 months of residency, they probably want to have something documented to justify that.  Especially if you consider the current administration that acts like anyone not from the US is a terrible person 🙄.

I do, however, think that’s crazy, because the volume of people who apply for an i751 daily.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

I can understand the logic behind that.  Before they grant you another 18 months of residency, they probably want to have something documented to justify that.  Especially if you consider the current administration that acts like anyone not from the US is a terrible person 🙄.

I do, however, think that’s crazy, because the volume of people who apply for an i751 daily.  

Yes, but we have gone through the FBI check once before the CR-1 visa was approved.  Plus the FBI fingerprint check only takes 24-48 hours to complete.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, gregcrs2 said:

As I understand it, you need the original to travel or have the passport stamp.  We are also traveling internationally in April so if we don't get an original, then we will make an infopass appointment a few weeks prior to our trip to get the stamp.

https://www.sumnerimmigration.com/immigration-blog/family-based-immigration/2018/06/i-751-conditional-residence-processing-delays-receipt-delays-and-a-solution/ 

Check this out it might be a little useful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.