TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

Hi, I would like to ask a question. We recieved NOA2 in the mail on August 23. NOA2 paper says that our pettion is approved on August 19th, and sent to NVC. But, on the USCIS web site, it still says " Case was received". Does it mean that our cas was sent to NVC or will they send it later? Because, I have read posts and people said that USCIS sent their case 2 or 3 weeks later after approval.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

After talking to them about my case,I still have to wait for an answer. They told me I had to fill out out of case date form and hopefully get an answer by September 4th. I called them last night waiting about 25 minutes until someone would answer and they told me I have to wait until September 13. If they don’t send me an email or post they’ll do something about it. I’m tired of this waiting game! We want to have a life together but 9 months and still no answer it’s very frustrating feels like forever .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

I am waiting for my case to be received by the NVC. I called today to check the status of my application, waited on the phone for 45 (!!) minutes just to hear that the NVC has not received my case yet. I guess I kind of saw that coming though, considering what all of you here are posting. But here's to hoping haha!

Anyway, I received my approval notice on August 12, in which it says that my case was sent from Texas Service Center to NVC (but on my uscis case status online, it says that my case was not sent until August 20). Based on this information, is it possible to estimate that the NVC will receive my case and that I will be assigned a case and IIV number by October 20? A possible timeline for me, I think, could perhaps be the following: 1) NVC receives my case between September 12-19, 2) I receive and pay the AOS and IV bills by October 20, followed by the DS-261 a few days after, 3) Assembly and shipping of AOS and IV packages by November 1, and 4) thereafter, waiting for instructions/ Case Complete (CC) and finally, the interview letter (IL) leading to an interview in December or January. 

Does this sound realistic to you? How is it going for the rest of you?

Thank you and good luck to all of you 🙂 

9 minutes ago, ljujas2019 said:

Hi everyone! 

I am waiting for my case to be received by the NVC. I called today to check the status of my application, waited on the phone for 45 (!!) minutes just to hear that the NVC has not received my case yet. I guess I kind of saw that coming though, considering what all of you here are posting. But here's to hoping haha!

Anyway, I received my approval notice on August 12, in which it says that my case was sent from Texas Service Center to NVC (but on my uscis case status online, it says that my case was not sent until August 20). Based on this information, is it possible to estimate that the NVC will receive my case and that I will be assigned a case and IIV number by October 20? A possible timeline for me, I think, could perhaps be the following: 1) NVC receives my case between September 12-19, 2) I receive and pay the AOS and IV bills by October 20, followed by the DS-261 a few days after, 3) Assembly and shipping of AOS and IV packages by November 1, and 4) thereafter, waiting for instructions/ Case Complete (CC) and finally, the interview letter (IL) leading to an interview in December or January. 

Does this sound realistic to you? How is it going for the rest of you?

Thank you and good luck to all of you 🙂 

We were waiting 3 weeks for USCIS to send our case, NVC received 1 week later. It can take up to 8 weeks.

Find a time when USCIS sends your case, add week and follow NVC processing times. 7 business days from shipment by USCIS is safe enough to call and ask if NVC received the case.

We are right now waiting for getting the documents reviewed. Estimation is around 17 September for now, documents were submitted 6 August.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/26/2019 at 4:09 PM, tomuk said:

Do you know if case was sent by USCIS and received by NVC? When this was? When we were waiting for case number, lady over the phone told us that waiting time since case is received by NVC is 6-8 weeks. We waited 23 days, but it was almost 7 weeks since USCIS approval.

Also, it seems that they are overloaded. Review of submited documents should take up to 3 weeks - this is tomorrow for us, but apparently we need to wait another 3 weeks (all docs were submitted on 6 August and estimation of review of our case is right know mid September).

I'd recommend to check also NVC processing times here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

They update that every Monday and for today, they are working on cases received from USCIS on 5 August.

If your case was received earlier, try to call them.

Thankyou, we called them two weeks ago and they said they are on the stage of assigning a case number, now its almost 6 weeks and we havent heard anything yet. That is why i was getting worried, already the process is taking too much time. Is it normal that it is taking 6 weeks, i havent seen any body taking more than 6 weeks on this forum, atleast. 

1 hour ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou, we called them two weeks ago and they said they are on the stage of assigning a case number, now its almost 6 weeks and we havent heard anything yet. That is why i was getting worried, already the process is taking too much time. Is it normal that it is taking 6 weeks, i havent seen any body taking more than 6 weeks on this forum, atleast. 

Check the processing time with that link. I can't see your timeline and you haven't shared when the case was received by NVC so I can't say - but if the date is behind actual processing, I'd call them again.

Timeline

Thankyou. My case was recieved at USCIS in last week of july, havent heard anything yet

On 8/26/2019 at 6:39 PM, ADW & JOP said:

I was approved July 17, confirmed with NVC on August 9 that my petition was received on August 2, and received my case number on August 23.

Despite processing times at NVC, our case has been approved today (so 3 weeks before estimation). We submitted documents on 6 August so it took 24 days. I called 4 days ago about update, not sure if that had any effect.

Even approved, we got “Case FE review note” saying that we need to submit marriage termination for USC (previous marriage). However calling there, they said that this is not necessary to upload it since case was completed and we need to bring it to the interview only.

Timeline
On 8/23/2019 at 6:29 AM, Ross and Dina said:

Same! We were approved July 16th and I called because I haven’t heard anything and they said they received it on August 8th and they were assigning a case number. Hope we both hear back soon!

Hi Ross and Dina,

Did you hear anything from NVC? We havent heard anything from NVC after our case was approved in mid july and they recieved it at the end of july according to call centre. I havent gotten the case number yet? Have you recieved any thing yet? 

Timeline
On 8/26/2019 at 4:04 AM, Sam17 said:

Wow so fast , bad luck for us 😓 our approved on 2nd july 2019 and case sent to nvc 30th july recieved by nvc 12 august and now no case# yet. DONT KNOW HOW THEY ARE WORKING.Why uscis send some petitions case right after approval and why some have to wait long just to send their case to nvc,🤔😪.

Did you hear anything from NVC? I havent heard anything in nearly two months after the case was approved. 

1 hour ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi Ross and Dina,

Did you hear anything from NVC? We havent heard anything from NVC after our case was approved in mid july and they recieved it at the end of july according to call centre. I havent gotten the case number yet? Have you recieved any thing yet? 

Per NVC processing times, they are right now processing cases received on 9 August. Since your was received earlier, I'd call them.

We got case completed earlier then processing times says so they are definitely working. Giving them a call is the least you can do.

Either beneficiary or petitioner can call. Just prepare yourself for ~45 mins waiting time. Besides what they says on website, they are happy with beneficiary's info only (full name and birthday), never asked for petitioner.

Timeline
1 hour ago, tomuk said:

Per NVC processing times, they are right now processing cases received on 9 August. Since your was received earlier, I'd call them.

We got case completed earlier then processing times says so they are definitely working. Giving them a call is the least you can do.

Either beneficiary or petitioner can call. Just prepare yourself for ~45 mins waiting time. Besides what they says on website, they are happy with beneficiary's info only (full name and birthday), never asked for petitioner.

We called them last week, they said they are still working on it. Our case was recieved July 23rd. Is it normal that we dont have a case number yet.?

Just now, realmadrid23 said:

We called them last week, they said they are still working on it. Our case was recieved July 23rd. Is it normal that we dont have a case number yet.?

"still working on it" is very generic answer. I'd try to call them again telling them that it looks like outside processing times and what kind of problem there is.

Where are you immigrating from? I don't see any details about you. From your nick, I can assume that Spain, which can be very wrong (Real Madrid is famous, I bet, worldwide).

It'll be very helpful if you can fill your timeline and profile.

10 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi Ross and Dina,

Hi, I call once a week to try to get information. I was told our case was received on August 8th but still no case number :( so so extremely frustrating. I hope you hear back soon as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.