TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi i can see online that my case was sent to NVC in mid july, its almost a month now,. should we call nvc to know the case number?

Yes, call. Case number may not be generated but you can ask if it is and when nvc received your case

2 hours ago, Bray said:

How do you find out when USCIS send the case to the NVC? Does the case status change? I called and they told me It may take up to 90 days for the NVC to received the case. I was just approved August 2 TSC

The case status will change to sent to the state department. Expect at least a week for the status to change. Our i130 was approved on 7/29 and our case was sent to the nvc on 8/7. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The petitioner will get the NOA2 in the mail. Case tracker and my uscis will also show updates. I signed up for my uscis so I also received emails that there was a change in my case. 

18 hours ago, SASAS said:

Yes, call. Case number may not be generated but you can ask if it is and when nvc received your case

The case status will change to sent to the state department. Expect at least a week for the status to change. Our i130 was approved on 7/29 and our case was sent to the nvc on 8/7. 

Thank you!! I will do that. Hopefully they don't delay that much.. I had two different approval dates. The letter says 8/2 and online says 8/5. Not sure which one should I go by. 

On 8/8/2019 at 2:36 AM, Kris & Crystal said:

Got my NVC number today, few minutes ago actually.

Thought I'd provide an update on my situation if there's anyone out there comparing and estimating.

Centre/Center: Texas, SRC number.

Visa: CR-1

Spouse is a US Citizen.

• 2018-11-07 - Marriage.
  • 2018-12-12 - I-130 mailed.
  • 2018-12-14 - Priority Date.
  • 2018-12-24 - NOA1 received.
  • 2018-12-28 - Filed to change the Date of Birth for the Petitioner on the NOA1 as it was off by one year. Guessing a data entry mistake on the part of USCIS.
  • 2019-01-15 - Date of Birth changed.
  • 2019-07-03 - Actual Approval date.
  • 2019-07-05 - Date I received an email notification about the approval.
  • 2019-07-09 - Case sent to NVC. Received approval/NOA2 letter in mail.
  • 2019-07-16 - NVC received case - I called them to confirm this and get the date they received it.
  • 2019-08-07 - NVC case number created. dissecting the number it looks like it was created yesterday. Can't login yet, can take up to 72 hours. Going to try every so often.

Hi! How were you informed of your NVC case number? We haven't been lucky enough to get through the NVC hotline 😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Peter and Kat said:

Hi! How were you informed of your NVC case number? We haven't been lucky enough to get through the NVC hotline 😔

I got an email once it was entered into the NVC system. I called previously to confirm my case had been received from USCIS.

28 minutes ago, Kris & Crystal said:

I got an email once it was entered into the NVC system. I called previously to confirm my case had been received from USCIS.

Thanks so much! We haven't gotten any email notifications, even our NOA2 was through snail mail. Hoping we don't miss out on any notifications 

Timeline
Just now, Peter and Kat said:

Thanks so much! We haven't gotten any email notifications, even our NOA2 was through snail mail. Hoping we don't miss out on any notifications 

Mine was sent via snail mail also. The notification comes to the email address(es) you entered on the I-130. You can always call the NVC or use their online enquiry form to confirm when they received your case from USCIS. I got my case created just over 3 weeks from that date.

38 minutes ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Mine was sent via snail mail also. The notification comes to the email address(es) you entered on the I-130. You can always call the NVC or use their online enquiry form to confirm when they received your case from USCIS. I got my case created just over 3 weeks from that date.

Really? We never got the email. I wonder why. Thank you again! Will try filling out the inquiry form. Fingers crossed they reply 🤞

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Peter and Kat said:

Really? We never got the email. I wonder why. Thank you again! Will try filling out the inquiry form. Fingers crossed they reply 🤞

You'll only get the email once the case is entered into the system at the NVC, not when they receive it. This can take up to 8 weeks. The time starts from when they receive it, not when USCIS sends it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Finally got an e-mail notification about approval. We were approved yesterday - thank god!! :) My wife and I are so happy! :D 

Now we are already so eager to proceed to the next step. What happens now? Should we call the USCIS to get a case number or do we just have to wait for another update? I assume that this is the time we will wait for the NVC to receive our case.

Any advice on what we can we do now to save some time or to move forward more quickly? 🙂 How long do you think the NVC process could be? For those of you with recent approvals - what is the process like for you now? 

Thank you and good luck to all of you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.