TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, ljujas2019 said:

Hi everyone!

Hope all of you are moving forward in this process and that we do not get stuck in the NVC for too long!

My case was sent to the NVC on August 20 and received on August 28. I am calling the NVC today to check if we have been assigned a case and IIN # yet. What is the status for the rest of you who were approved in August? Did you receive your case number, were able to pay the bills and start submitting documents? Good luck to all of you! And to me and my wife 😞 The time is so frustrating...

I have a question in regard to the submission of documents. Does anyone here know how to submit certain documents that are several pages? For example, my wife's divorce papers from her previous marriage are 7 pages long. I have read that each file should be separate, so do I have to name each file #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7? How will these documents be received in order if they are separate? 

Also, my wife is trying to order the IRS transcripts right now, but it seems that they can take about 1 month to receive by mail? Is there a faster way to receive such financial/ tax documents?

Thank you for being so helpful here in the forum! 🙂

Allow 3-4 weeks to get case number. we got it almost after 4 weeks.

For multipage documents, it's not problem to upload it as PDF. They don't accept separated files. Everything has to be in one file.

Also, I don't know if you are talking about divorce in Sweden or US - I don't know how it works in Sweden, but from US, you need to obtain divorce decree (confirmation, that divorce is final). Divorce papers in general are useless, nobody wants to read how you dealt with property, child care etc.

Divorce decree from US is 1 page US Legal format. We haven't uploaded that (we assumed that they can find it in USCIS folder) and case was approved with note that we need to bring it to the interview.

Our i130 is finally approved🤩🤩🤩

Had to respond to RFE so I guess that caused our delay.

Can anyone tell please, how do we get notified that NVC recieved our case?

5 hours ago, Catherine_2030 said:

Our i130 is finally approved🤩🤩🤩

Had to respond to RFE so I guess that caused our delay.

Can anyone tell please, how do we get notified that NVC recieved our case?

We called. No other confirmation.

first wait until you see that USCIS sent it. It’ll take approx. a week to deliver from that day.

6 hours ago, tomuk said:

We called. No other confirmation.

first wait until you see that USCIS sent it. It’ll take approx. a week to deliver from that day.

Thank you😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, Ross and Dina said:

I have no idea. It’s very upsetting seeing other with same date NVC received or later have gotten case numbers when ours seems to be stuck in ‘processing’ 😭

Hi, did you recieve a case number? I havent recieved my case number after 8 weeks now. Dont know what to do.

10 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi, did you recieve a case number? I havent recieved my case number after 8 weeks now. Dont know what to do.

Hi! We were approved July 16th, sent to NVC on august 1st, recieved August 8th, and received case number on September 17th. Hope you hear back soon!

Our I-130 was approved yesterday - so excited to move on to the NVC stage!

I-130 NOA1: Dec 6, 2018

I-129f NOA1: Aug 29, 2019

I-129f denied on Sep 19, 2019 

I-130 NOA2: Sep 19, 2019 

We received updates on email and my.uscis.gov!

12/06/2018 - NOA1 (Nebraska)

09/19/2019 - Approval of I-130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Alhamdulilah Praise be to God my I 130 was approved yesterday :)

I 130 NOA 1  12/7/2018

I 129 F NOA1 8/7/2019

I130 NOA2 9/20/2019 No email update,  just checked online yesterday on https://egov.uscis.gov and then also saw update on cases tracker.         mygov is not updated. no mail letter yet. 

I 129 F Denied 9/20/2019, was updated a little later at night on egov and case tracker. 

Best wishes to everyone. Thanks for all the support from this forum!

BTW I did call USCIS last week for an update but the person was a tier 1 so I did not get much help. Later on 9/17/19 just a few days before my I 130 was approved I got a satisfaction survey call from USCIS on an anonymous number  from a really nice lady who said not to give up hope and be positive and she gave me tips on how to reach a tier 2 immigration office on the phone line.  Has anyone else gotten such calls ?

This might be a dumb question, but I received the I-797 in the mail approving our I-130.

It says in the print “the above petition has been approved.  As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the US department of state national visa center.”

Did they REALLY send it already?  I thought they are usually taking a few weeks before sending it over....not sure if all NOA2s say this, or if I’m just getting overexcited.

Timeline
2 hours ago, HabibiSurf said:

This might be a dumb question, but I received the I-797 in the mail approving our I-130.

It says in the print “the above petition has been approved.  As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the US department of state national visa center.”

Did they REALLY send it already?  I thought they are usually taking a few weeks before sending it over....not sure if all NOA2s say this, or if I’m just getting overexcited.

No, they haven’t sent it yet. Your case status should change to “sent to state department” in about a week after approval. 

Timeline

Hi  guys, Does anybody knows how much time is wait at Montreal embassy in canada for an interview? I am just planning out few things and wondering what is the time frame? After getting your case number, how much time does it take to get documentary qualified at then get a interview date? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.