Captain Oates

Where can I get my brains washed

276 posts in this topic

Most of us are quite willing to discuss cultural diversity... if we weren't, this board wouldn't exist.

Alan, we are taking exception to your arrogant and narrow-minded approach. If you'd back off on the condescension, you might even learn something.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I laughed quite hard when I read that.

Yeah, me too! ;)

I third that. He's not a creature of reason. I DO have a very strong sense of irony, and it's the irony of his apparent expectations of everyone else in the face of what he doles out that is quite funny. It also makes me feel just a tiny bit sad, but then I remember that I'm not the one marrying him.

Already married chucky - next time praps ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I laughed quite hard when I read that.

Yeah, me too! ;)

I third that. He's not a creature of reason. I DO have a very strong sense of irony, and it's the irony of his apparent expectations of everyone else in the face of what he doles out that is quite funny. It also makes me feel just a tiny bit sad, but then I remember that I'm not the one marrying him.

Already married chucky - next time praps ?

Maybe there's hope for us Alan, but I guess you'd have to see whether or not I'm out of my depth in England first. Are there qualification forms I can fill out to make it all easier? :D

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Alan piece of advice - bring your own duvet next time.

Or simply go to IKEA, the best place for cheap good duvets in the USA.

Also, try the electric kettles at Target, they should meet your needs!

Sadly they stopped selling good ones at my local Target, I treasure my Phillips coordless kettle I got from them like gold.

Timeline
Alan piece of advice - bring your own duvet next time. Also, try the electric kettles at Target, they should meet your needs!

And Robin too !!! It's like a wildlife film where the 29 lions leap on the buffalo !

Robin I am all geared up this time - kettles, duvets, cheshire cheese sources everything ! swap my wisconsin driving licence for a florida one and bobs yer uncle and fanny's yer aunt

I know there are no red necks in Florida so I should be ok

It's weird how mob mentality takes over but I must enjoy the pounding secretly ? It's like a 'rook's court' where they all circle the victim and start pecking - some of em get a gentle peck back sometimes

Not one person has taken up the theme of the thread though I keep stopping it and repeating it.

Basically everyone is saying that the whole world views america thus - but there is no truth in it and I should not repeat these defamations

I am hoping they all calm down and relax and start to discuss the original post

- they might as well treat me as family and wash dirty linen in public because I am coming to stay this time

only one mention of a-s-s - that's wonderful - perhaps american culture is on the change !

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
Maybe there's hope for us Alan, but I guess you'd have to see whether or not I'm out of my depth in England first. Are there qualification forms I can fill out to make it all easier? :D

Actually it was tougher for my wife to get equiv of ss number here than for me - and licence -and bank account- still no credit card

uk residency was 10 mins in chicago but everything else was much tougher than US

I am going to start work on identifying which area of the brain is responsible for extreme nationalism and establish whether it is enlarged in Americans - call me saywhat phd if i am successful

moresheep400100.jpg

Well, we can at least pity the OP... must be a very lonely life up there on that pedastal all by himself.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Al, baby, What happened? Last time you were here you were running away from firey wife as she was gonna blast your ####### off with a 9mm and you wanted divorce advice. Did you confiscate the gun?

Like Robin says, we have missed you. I see you're still homesick. Bless yer little cotton socks. :wub:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Well, we can at least pity the OP... must be a very lonely life up there on that pedastal all by himself.

I agree Jen.

Too bad he's more concerned with slagging off Americans then trying to see the "big picture" and blend in and hopefully make a decent life for himself and his wife.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline
Well, we can at least pity the OP... must be a very lonely life up there on that pedestal all by himself.

Jent ! a whole line almost and without an edit ! I vote for you as homecoming queen ! Brevity is so much to be admired as long as it is the product of incisiveness and not lack of vocabulary... what else do you have besides short grunts of weak insults ? I would rather have

a-s-s man back to give me a proper working over

moresheep400100.jpg

Well, we can at least pity the OP... must be a very lonely life up there on that pedestal all by himself.

Jent ! a whole line almost and without an edit ! I vote for you as homecoming queen ! Brevity is so much to be admired as long as it is the product of incisiveness and not lack of vocabulary... what else do you have besides short grunts of weak insults ? I would rather have

a-s-s man back to give me a proper working over

So noted. You may heretofore refer to me as Your Highness.

A little editing can go a long way. Try it sometime.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

I agree Jen.

Too bad he's more concerned with slagging off Americans then trying to see the "big picture" and blend in and hopefully make a decent life for himself and his wife.

blend in is just another way of saying shut up...jeez you are the torch bearers of liberty and free speech and all you can say is shut up and be quiet and blend in.. some exciting place I am coming to...

If that lot in Boston had done that you would not even have had a revolution - come on and show some spirit and have energetic reasoned debate - or did that all end in 1777 ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.