Captain Oates

Where can I get my brains washed

276 posts in this topic

We have a clue to his upbringing... his own mother condones the behavior of soldiers who were on trial for raping a young girl in front of her family, then shooting them all and setting fire to them... "Support at all costs".... hmmmm.

But then at the same time, argues against our 'patriotism'???

Seems a bit bi-polar to me...

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We have a clue to his upbringing... his own mother condones the behavior of soldiers who were on trial for raping a young girl in front of her family, then shooting them all and setting fire to them... "Support at all costs".... hmmmm.

I have a feeling he's going to jump on that one any minute now. I believe it was his American mother-in-law who intimated such.

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

I have a feeling he's going to jump on that one any minute now. I believe it was his American mother-in-law who intimated such.

Ah, you are right... he did say mother-in-law.. I will pre-empt with an apology for the mistake....

edited to add: I was just trying to go back to his original posts for some clue as to what this is really about.. not what it's become....

Jen

Edited by JenT

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would like to thank everyone for disagreeing with the OP that Wisconsin is entirely filled with 300-lb. guys with shotguns. Yeah there are places like that in WI, like in any state, but really Milwaukee and Madison (the latter, especially, IMO) are lovely cities and the natural sites can be stunning. Anyway, I'm glad to see that WI stereotypes were not perpetuated in the making of this thread. :)

OP: It's so effing fashionable to make the same tired generalizations about Americans without any critical thought. I'm always open to criticism of my country and am usually the first critic myself. But put some thought into it instead of recycling shallow bullsh*t I've heard a million times and don't be such a condescending a*hole about it. Nobody is resisting your criticisms of Americans because our tiny minds are filled with patriotic propaganda; people get irritated with you because you seem to enjoy feeling superior without any reason. If you spent 18 months here and didn't learn about the spectrum of opinion in the US, then you must not have been very open to having your opinions challenged either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Right you lot - stand to attention, pin your ears back and hear this !

In November I am coming to the USA and I am going to make my life there - my base there - forever !

I am coming for the following reasons :

A my wife feels out of her depth in Europe

B I can buy half your stolen continent with my beer money given your devalued currency

C I like alligators

D You Americans are a spectacle all on your own - a bit like watching 9-11 with the repeat button on - and it interest me for now.

I want to come in peace and be able to discuss what is happening in my new home without being raged at by hyper xenophobes with nazi tendencies and creeping paranoia and this thread is asking how I do that...

I have had a few suggestions - ranging from

f-off

and stay away to

shut up

I think you people need to be taken back to your glorious roots of free speech and progress and the founding fathers would be ashamed of you and your hostile attitudes

Your alright in a mob though aren't you ? I posted on the UK forum as I was expecting some advice from UK bods as to how to handle the situation - instead I get the female branch of the KKK on my neck and a few sneering men taking turns to have a pop..

Now shake your brains about and get with the thread - stop telling me there is no cultural difference - admit there is and give constructive advice as to how to deal with it which does not include obscenities, shut ups or stay home stuff

alright now - stand at - ease ! thinking caps - wait for it - thinking caps - ON !!!

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

f-off

and stay away to

shut up

Are those suggestions for us, or for yourself?

Edited by JenT

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

f-off

and stay away to

shut up

ok Jent - the fact that you had to edit a half line post means you are disqualified - go and stand at the back of the class - and put this hat on !

moresheep400100.jpg

I would like to thank everyone for disagreeing with the OP that Wisconsin is entirely filled with 300-lb. guys with shotguns. Yeah there are places like that in WI, like in any state, but really Milwaukee and Madison (the latter, especially, IMO) are lovely cities and the natural sites can be stunning. Anyway, I'm glad to see that WI stereotypes were not perpetuated in the making of this thread. :)

OP: It's so effing fashionable to make the same tired generalizations about Americans without any critical thought. I'm always open to criticism of my country and am usually the first critic myself. But put some thought into it instead of recycling shallow bullsh*t I've heard a million times and don't be such a condescending a*hole about it. Nobody is resisting your criticisms of Americans because our tiny minds are filled with patriotic propaganda; people get irritated with you because you seem to enjoy feeling superior without any reason. If you spent 18 months here and didn't learn about the spectrum of opinion in the US, then you must not have been very open to having your opinions challenged either.

What do you mean Alex ;) I've been out doing the wash on my washboard, shined up Gary's shotgun so when he gets home from work he can go down the pub with his 300lb mates. :P:lol:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

f-off

and stay away to

shut up

ok Jent - the fact that you had to edit a half line post means you are disqualified - go and stand at the back of the class - and put this hat on !

That means I'd have to take your place and I wouldn't dare.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

What I'm seeing is:

Hi, I'm from Leeds. I fell in love with a typical American, who hates Bush like the majority of other Americans, now she is whining she can't hack it here in the UK, and is forcing me to come to the states, where my money will be double what I have, things will be twice as cheap to purchase, I will have to chisel off the chip on my shoulder, and I now I'm cranky and I want to abuse all other Americans for my misfortune. Pity me, pay attention to me, I want a lolli

roundpop_480.jpg

Welcome to Amer'ka!

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Right you lot - stand to attention, pin your ears back and hear this !

In November I am coming to the USA and I am going to make my life there - my base there - forever !

I am coming for the following reasons :

A my wife feels out of her depth in Europe

B I can buy half your stolen continent with my beer money given your devalued currency

C I like alligators

D You Americans are a spectacle all on your own - a bit like watching 9-11 with the repeat button on - and it interest me for now.

I want to come in peace and be able to discuss what is happening in my new home without being raged at by hyper xenophobes with nazi tendencies and creeping paranoia and this thread is asking how I do that...

f-off

and stay away to

shut up

I think you people need to be taken back to your glorious roots of free speech and progress and the founding fathers would be ashamed of you and your hostile attitudes

Your alright in a mob though aren't you ? I posted on the UK forum as I was expecting some advice from UK bods as to how to handle the situation - instead I get the female branch of the KKK on my neck and a few sneering men taking turns to have a pop..

Now shake your brains about and get with the thread - stop telling me there is no cultural difference - admit there is and give constructive advice as to how to deal with it which does not include obscenities, shut ups or stay home stuff

alright now - stand at - ease ! thinking caps - wait for it - thinking caps - ON !!!

alan

Quite a few people from the UK have replied to your post and given "advice". You have chosen to ignore them and keep bashing America and American people. So obviously you are not asking for serious advice, and just want to irritate your "enemy". Grow up and find some other form of amusement.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Timeline

I liked Madison and Milwaukee and met some lovely people - but we didn't talk politics and only mentioned god once ... that was when i said 'oh god where is my passport'

I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned the latter part of the alimentary canal and you have the prize !

I only feel superior in one or two areas of life and being able to construct a sentence without mentioning botties is one of them.

Superiority is a relative concept - if you don't feel inferior to me then I cannot be superior - so relax - you may be my superior in so many ways for all I know - except when it comes to not mentioning whats inside the back of your check underpants - and then I am definitely superior to you..

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I laughed quite hard when I read that.

Yeah, me too! ;)

I third that. He's not a creature of reason. I DO have a very strong sense of irony, and it's the irony of his apparent expectations of everyone else in the face of what he doles out that is quite funny. It also makes me feel just a tiny bit sad, but then I remember that I'm not the one marrying him.

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.