Uk2usa2016

POE jfk questions?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hiya

i came to the USA today on my CR1 visa. Queued for eternity at JFK. I then got to the desk, he looked at my visa for a while then asked if I was cabin crew?! I said no CR1. He kept looking at it. 

Then stamped a stamp that expire March 2019 - 3 months. 

No confirm address for green card /social security number etc. . 

Should i I be chasing this up? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes.  Go back to the Airport or the nearest Port of Entry and talk to a supervisor.  They can correct the error.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
18 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yes.  Go back to the Airport or the nearest Port of Entry and talk to a supervisor.  They can correct the error.

I travelled 7 hours after flight to get home. It’s not possible to get back to jfk. Can I do it over the phone?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

I travelled 7 hours after flight to get home. It’s not possible to get back to jfk. Can I do it over the phone?

I would start here in trying to find the closest place to get some help and figure out what needs to be done. Start making phone calls and asking questions.

General https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports

Page about Deferred Inspection https://www.cbp.gov/document/guidance/deferred-inspection-sites 

Snip from that page:

There are over 70 Deferred Inspections Sites throughout the United States and the outlying territories. These sites provide assistance to those individuals who at the time of entry into the United States were scheduled for a deferred inspection or believe that the documentation and corresponding endorsements issued at the port of entry require review and possible correction.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
4 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

Go to the closest Port of Entry and get it corrected.  I already said that.  No, it cannot be done over the phone.  They need your passport.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
56 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Go to the closest Port of Entry and get it corrected.  I already said that.  No, it cannot be done over the phone.  They need your passport.

I have an appointment at the uscis centre in buffalo this week to sort it 

Timeline

And they cannot sort it out.  You need the supervisor of a Port of Entry to sort it out.  I had a similar problem.  The local USCIS office referred me to the CBP Office.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Agree with above. This is not a USCIS issue. I provided a link to CBP above. Did you read it? There is a long list of deferred inspection sites to download with address, hours, and phone numbers. Don't know where you live, but Buffalo is on the list as well as other places. Call to find out who/when will sort it. You won't have to go back to JFK, but Customs and Border Protection is the group to fix your entry at one of their locations.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
21 hours ago, pushbrk said:

And they cannot sort it out.  You need the supervisor of a Port of Entry to sort it out.  I had a similar problem.  The local USCIS office referred me to the CBP Office.  

So .. I called Cleveland CBP deferred inspection site and he found me on the system and confirmed he admitted me on a tourist visa waiver. He confirmed that he updated it to a CR1. I asked him about getting the stamp changed he said I don’t need to bother. 

I asked him if it now generates my green card for delivery, he said that’s on JFK not us as that’s where I entered. 

What shall i do now 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

So .. I called Cleveland CBP deferred inspection site and he found me on the system and confirmed he admitted me on a tourist visa waiver. He confirmed that he updated it to a CR1. I asked him about getting the stamp changed he said I don’t need to bother. 

I asked him if it now generates my green card for delivery, he said that’s on JFK not us as that’s where I entered. 

What shall i do now 

GO there with your passport and get it stamped.  If you've paid your new immigrant fee AND are in the system as CR1, then the green card SHOULD be triggered for production and mailing, but I would keep that appointment with USCIS if only to check to see if it is now sorted out.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Your stamp on your visa DOES matter.  The correctly endorsed visa acts as a temporary green card for 1 year.  Because it is incorrect you may have issues if you attempt to use this as a green card before the physical copy arrives.  Yes get this fixed.  I agree thst you need to talk to the USCIS to double check but also think that you need to GO to the CBP to get this fixed properly.  There is a reason you were told to travel to the CBP. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
23 hours ago, pushbrk said:

GO there with your passport and get it stamped.  If you've paid your new immigrant fee AND are in the system as CR1, then the green card SHOULD be triggered for production and mailing, but I would keep that appointment with USCIS if only to check to see if it is now sorted out.

I went and got this fixed. The guys at CBP helped me out. And sent the paperwork for me to uscis. 

I did go to the uscis appointment and they couldn’t tell me anything. She said basically I’ll find out when it’s delivered or not. - not helpful at all. 

CBP stamped me for 2 years though I’m my passport  

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

I went and got this fixed. The guys at CBP helped me out. And sent the paperwork for me to uscis. 

I did go to the uscis appointment and they couldn’t tell me anything. She said basically I’ll find out when it’s delivered or not. - not helpful at all. 

CBP stamped me for 2 years though I’m my passport  

So, now you know.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.