chuckycheese

USCIS Website says one thing but they don't see it!

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I sent my packet to TSC on Feb 21 2007 by certified mail. They received it on Feb 26. I signed up for the email service from USICS for updates. I see that on March 1 (from their website--No email from them) that we're in the system. I receive the I-797 letter on March 5. On their site I see the message that on March 1 they sent me the I-797 letter. Again, no email. This is March 7. On March 14, I get another touch but NO EMAIL. I hope everyone is following this...

Ok, I switched jobs and got further evidence on support and I sent them this, again by certified mail. They did not ask for this. I just got more info since I sent the original packet off.

I have not recieved any touches after that.

I called USCIS a couple of weeks ago and asked if they had recieved my packet and they said they could not tell me that and I should wait 60 days. This was after they put me on hold for a couple of minutes and after checking the computer.

I asked them about the March 14 touch and they said they do not see it on their screens and i tell them it is there.

I have recieved no touches since then and no update on my subsequent update.

What should I do? I am approaching my 85 days (I am just guessing here so be kind!) and i am really worried about this. Not one single touch after getting 2 in a row.

Any help would be nice from you learned people!

God Bless You All

Filed: Timeline

You should know touches mean little. Some have been approved with no or few touches. Some with many.

Also, on VJ we never recommend sending unasked for evidence, it never catches up with your file. So stop worrying about that. You are within the timelines for California, so don't worry as far as your case.

Check the timelines & filter for CSC.

Edited by devilette

I had this funny feeling in my stomach that i should not have but i did anyway. I left home on my way to the Philippines my savings info and i just sent them this. I think i will send her this info and she can submit whrn they ask for this type of stuff.

Thanks

Your still within normal processing time. As far as I know, no one who got an NOA1 in march has been approved as of yet. And yes to get no touches for 3 months is normal. After your petition gets entered into the database, you sit on a shelf until your turn comes up, which will be soon. They dont do anything with the file during those 3 months due to the backlog they have at CSC.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Timeline
I had this funny feeling in my stomach that i should not have but i did anyway. I left home on my way to the Philippines my savings info and i just sent them this. I think i will send her this info and she can submit whrn they ask for this type of stuff.

Thanks

No worries, it won't hurt your petition. Your fiance won't need any documents until you are at the consulate stage, so I would hold on the documents. If they need anything, they will send you a letter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If it makes you feel better, we never received emails from USCIS during the entire process. Or got touched.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

You don't get an e-mail for the NOA1 or for most touches. See my timeline below, its fairly typical. You get one touch *usually* when they cash the check and then it sits for 3 months. Don't worry about the financial info as its not important at this stage but rather at the consulate stage. Oh, and when i called about my application they didn't see any updated case status either. Everything is totally normal, so just sit back and wait for your approval!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.