2,915 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello,
I understand that after October 1, 2018 USCIS may issue NTA when a migrant benefit has been denied.
Questions:

1. Before October 1, 2018, who was sending the NTA?
  2. Before October 1, was ICE responsible for issuing the NTAs?

When USCIS denied my I-485 based on I-130 I could never receive such a letter, supposedly the postal service said it could not deliver it to me, but by calling USCIS I could find out about the denial, but I do not have the details.
I read in the forum that a person had received an NTA without a date to appear before the court, which is why she did not appear in the system when she verified her A number in the number 800-898-7180; that is, if USCIS or ICE issued someone an NTA and if for some reason that person could not receive such correspondence, it is very difficult for them to know that they are in a process of removal.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

I received NTA in March. Date and Time on NTA is “TBD” My case’s not yet in the system. Long wait for immigration court dockets. But your lawyer could find out for you. I’m not sure about request FOIA. Ask your lawyer.

5 minutes ago, Hopenyc said:

I received NTA in March. Date and Time on NTA is “TBD” My case’s not yet in the system. Long wait for immigration court dockets. But your lawyer could find out for you. I’m not sure about request FOIA. Ask your lawyer.

What does "Date and Time on NTA is" TBD "mean?
Is the FOIA delaying up to 1 year?
For what reason are you unsure about requesting the FOIA?

2 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

What does "Date and Time on NTA is" TBD "mean?
Is the FOIA delaying up to 1 year?
For what reason are you unsure about requesting the FOIA?

“To be determined”  

I don’t know much about FOIA that’s why I don’t want to give you wrong information. But you can request your immigration record to find out.. Some Lawyer charge $500-$800 just for that. 

52 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Hi everybody! Do you think it worth taking an attorney to I-485 interview based on approved vawa? 

@Tony1912 To receive your 10 year GC which will lead to you being eligible to apply for citizenship? Yes!! Hiring an attorney (an experienced attorney)for that interview is worth the investment. Best of luck.

9 hours ago, Par.Hast said:

Hello everyone, 

I filed for I-360 and I-485 concurrently and I received my Notice of Action. 

I just recently received my Biometric appointment for both I-360 and I-485 (in one letter). 

My abusive husband was a U.S. citizen and we applied for my GC in January 2018 (my marriage based I-485 is "ready to be scheduled for interview" however I have filed for divorce and I don't live with him anymore). 

and I have EAD Card from marriage petition. 

My concern is about my work permit!

My lawyer refuses to apply for new I-765 based on my VAWA petition. 

She also refuses to renew my current EAD card, under my VAWA petition I-485. 

She believes that I am not eligible to apply for work permit, till my I-360 gets approved. 

I would appreciate your help; 

What is the correct action on my EAD Card? 

If I fire my lawyer, can I take care of my self-petition myself? or I have to have a lawyer?

ONE more question; 

can my abusive husband deport me or cancel my marriage petition? 

1. If you fire your lawyer, you can represent yourself if you want to, I couldn't afford a lawyer and the pro bono attorney I met told me it will take her 6months to put everything together, so I decided to do everything myself and by God's grace I was approved.

2. Yes he can cancel your marriage petition at any time but not your vawa, your spouse can not deport you, uscis will not listen to him.

3. If you have filled another i-485, then the one based on marriage will be denied and you are not eligible for ead based on that marriage petition. Your attorney is clearly not knowledgeable about vawa, you are eligible to file for ead since your spouse is a usc, but you must have a pending i-485 and choose c09.

Edited by Ilo

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, shayona said:

Hi Sandra

Could you please help me with my previous question been posted few days back ? 

I really need to know how should I answer the issued RFE to me ? 

Thanks, 

You need to submit POLICE CLEARANCE from all counties that you lived in the past 3 years.

13 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Yes they sent me a new biometric appointment with the new I 485 i file base on vawa.

When my Ead expired they used my I 485 biometric base on vawa to issue my Ead

Almost same situation . when I filed new 485 based on vawa approval only I got receipt notice it been almost 3 months now , but I didn't get any letter regarding biometric , Nothing .. After I filed New 485 I got letter from USCIS regarding my pervious 485 based on marriage (courtesy letter for I 693 exam ) they said is completed over year and need to get new i 693 if I Receive interview notice or RFE and they sent this letter to my attorney ( He never filed anything for the pervious 485 marriage case at all ) How they sent this letter to lawyer office that's i Don't know , plus we never ask USCIS to transfer or to do anything about pervious 485 .

My concern Now I never received any letter regarding my new 485 for biometric it been almost 3 Months Now.

I am wondering My next interview is going to be based on my pervious 485 which still pending or new 485 based on vawa approval ? If I get interview based on pervious 485 ( we are already divorced now)  I would be able to See officer or they will refuse and prevent me to meet with officer for the interview ?  I am try to ask @sandranj about this Matter but I didn't get answer .

Timeline
1 hour ago, xoxox said:

Almost same situation . when I filed new 485 based on vawa approval only I got receipt notice it been almost 3 months now , but I didn't get any letter regarding biometric , Nothing .. After I filed New 485 I got letter from USCIS regarding my pervious 485 based on marriage (courtesy letter for I 693 exam ) they said is completed over year and need to get new i 693 if I Receive interview notice or RFE and they sent this letter to my attorney ( He never filed anything for the pervious 485 marriage case at all ) How they sent this letter to lawyer office that's i Don't know , plus we never ask USCIS to transfer or to do anything about pervious 485 .

My concern Now I never received any letter regarding my new 485 for biometric it been almost 3 Months Now.

I am wondering My next interview is going to be based on my pervious 485 which still pending or new 485 based on vawa approval ? If I get interview based on pervious 485 ( we are already divorced now)  I would be able to See officer or they will refuse and prevent me to meet with officer for the interview ?  I am try to ask @sandranj about this Matter but I didn't get answer .

If you have a pending AOS why did your attorney file a new one? This kind of mess is caused by incompetent attorneys.You will have the interview regarding the one mentioned in the letter .

Once the officer finds out you have a new  pending AOS he will deny the old one . Make sure your attorney tells the officer not to issue the notice to appear in Court to set up your removal from the Country,.Since last week all AOS and Vawa denied will receive the notice to appear in.court..I saw just two cases the officer continued the AOS interview regarding the  old AOS and said the person won’t be interviewed again.

Timeline
14 hours ago, notme said:

OMG I hope this is right AND THANK YOU!!, my senator or congressman got to me this morning and told me they reached to USCIS this morning,that was quick.

is it normal to get EAD once vawa approved even if you didn't apply for EAD OR AOS?

Uscis is issuing automatically the work permit(C31) AFTER Vawa approval.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Tony1912 said:

Hi everybody! Do you think it worth taking an attorney to I-485 interview based on approved vawa? 

It’s up to you, most people go to the interview without an attorney .I recommend to go with an attorney in case you have some criminal record .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.