Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

No when did you submit your I485? 

Did your RFIE come a very long time after you submitted or did it come shortly after you submitted?

Submitted my AOS package on December 31,2018 

Got NOA on January 15

Got RFIE on January 28

Bio app on February 5

RFIE response received by USCIS on February 12.

That's my timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You can still get RFIEs for I765 and I131 if you did not submit required documents, or if you submitted the wrong ones or they simply lost your documents....

thanks! I am now worried I could receive one for the dumbest mistake..I asked for a SSN when I actually applied for one 2days prior and received it 4 weeks later!

Just now, Bluewaters said:

Submitted my AOS package on December 31,2018 

Got NOA on January 15

Got RFIE on January 28

Bio app on February 5

RFIE response received by USCIS on February 12.

That's my timeline

I485 RFIEs are generally issued at the beginning of the I485 process and then you are left to wait until the process is complete. Getting an RFIE doesnt necessarily mean they will continue to work on your case after you satisfy the RFIE. It just means they need that initial evidence to insert into your file to make your information complete. Likely it will sit.

I176/I131 RFIEs generally come at the end of the process when they are about to approve or deny the application. That's why you will get results right away.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I485 RFIEs are generally issued at the beginning of the I485 process and then you are left to wait until the process is complete. Getting an RFIE doesnt necessarily mean they will continue to work on your case after you satisfy the RFIE. It just means they need that initial evidence to insert into your file to make your information complete. Likely it will sit.

I176/I131 RFIEs generally come at the end of the process when they are about to approve or deny the application. That's why you will get results right away.

So they ain't going to make decision on my I485  for me to get ready to be schedule for interview. 

Well let the waiting continue 

2 minutes ago, Ambra said:

thanks! I am now worried I could receive one for the dumbest mistake..I asked for a SSN when I actually applied for one 2days prior and received it 4 weeks later!

That's fine SSA wont issue you two SSNs. They will see that you got one already after applying on the I765.

Did you get one in your married name though?

If you didnt thats good that you applied on your I765 as they will automatically request a replacement in your married name. 

Note too what RFIE means though: Request for initial evidence. You cannot get an RFIE for filling out something wrong on the application. You would get an RFE instead.

But yes, RFIE/RFEs come for the dumbest reasons and sometimes it has nothing to do with what you did.

1 minute ago, Bluewaters said:

So they ain't going to make decision on my I485  for me to get ready to be schedule for interview. 

Well let the waiting continue 

Likely yes. You will wait.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's fine SSA wont issue you two SSNs. They will see that you got one already after applying on the I765.

Did you get one in your married name though?

If you didnt thats good that you applied on your I765 as they will automatically request a replacement in your married name. 

Note too what RFIE means though: Request for initial evidence. You cannot get an RFIE for filling out something wrong on the application. You would get an RFE instead.

But yes, RFIE/RFEs come for the dumbest reasons and sometimes it has nothing to do with what you did.

Likely yes. You will wait.

Thank you so much! 

When I applied for the SSN, even if I had my marriage certificate, they didn't allow me to get it with my married name for some reason so yes, that's good then! Hopefully then my EAD will come with no delays because of that!

9 minutes ago, Ambra said:

Thank you so much! 

When I applied for the SSN, even if I had my marriage certificate, they didn't allow me to get it with my married name for some reason so yes, that's good then! Hopefully then my EAD will come with no delays because of that!

The policy of SSA is to only issue SSNs in the name that DHS has on file for the applicant. Until your EAD or GC is approved your DHS name will be your maiden name.

A MC is not good enough in the case of immigrants trying to change their name on SSNs. You are like 95.7532% of us. Few will get it in their married name but those that do would get it only because the Agent broke the policy or was stupid.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The policy of SSA is to only issue SSNs in the name that DHS has on file for the applicant. Until your EAD or GC is approved your DHS name will be your maiden name.

A MC is not good enough in the case of immigrants trying to change their name on SSNs. You are like 95.7532% of us. Few will get it in their married name but those that do would get it only because the Agent broke the policy or was stupid.

oh ok, thanks! that's good to know!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It’s been 3 business days since new card is being produced has been there for I-765.  Nothing about mailing the card, no update on I-131 and no update on my uscis account. 

Is this normal or something is wrong?

5 minutes ago, Amit M said:

It’s been 3 business days since new card is being produced has been there for I-765.  Nothing about mailing the card, no update on I-131 and no update on my uscis account. 

Is this normal or something is wrong?

By my calculations and through monitoring recent approvals, it takes 6 to 10 days from approval of I765 to combo card on hand.

I131 rarely updates until the card has been received and it takes a few days (4 to 5) in "New Card being produced" status to actually make the card.

Your timeline is typical.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
13 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

By my calculations and through monitoring recent approvals, it takes 6 to 10 days from approval of I765 to combo card on hand.

I131 rarely updates until the card has been received and it takes a few days (4 to 5) in "New Card being produced" status to actually make the card.

Your timeline is typical.

Okay hat sounds great. Are we taking about business days or calendar days?

The reason I’m nervous is cuz I never saw an update for I-765 saying it has been approved. I didn’t see an update for two days and the day I saw it showed me new card is being produced. Dumb question but card being produced does mean that the case has been approved right?

11 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Okay hat sounds great. Are we taking about business days or calendar days?

The reason I’m nervous is cuz I never saw an update for I-765 saying it has been approved. I didn’t see an update for two days and the day I saw it showed me new card is being produced. Dumb question but card being produced does mean that the case has been approved right?

Calendar.

There is no approval status for I765 only for I131. 

I765 jumps to "New Card being produced" and I131 will possibly change to "Case approved" once the combo card is on hand.

Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Calendar.

I765 jumps to "New Card being produced" and I131 will possibly change to "Case approved" once the combo card is on hand.

Gotcha, thanks much! I shall be waiting.

Timeline
20 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Calendar.

Haha, I just got mail from USCIS saying that my I-765 and I-131 both have been approved!! Praise Jesus!!

Just for everyone, I got two letters from them. One, just for I-131 and the other for i765 and I-131 both together. So Seems like it’s a combo card. However there is one paragraph on the approval notice that I don’t understand. So please help me to clarify that:

“If you have a pending I-485:

if you have a pending I-485, you may request to change employers if your form I-485 has been pending for atleast 180 days. In order to do so, you need to submit documentation about your new job offer. For more information on how to request a change of employers and what information you just submit, please visit uscis website.” 

Does this apply to family based c(9) employment authorization applicant? Do I need to tell uscis when I get a job and where I get it and if I switch employers? What if I have multiple employers as in side jobs etc etc? Please clarify, thanks!  

48 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Haha, I just got mail from USCIS saying that my I-765 and I-131 both have been approved!! Praise Jesus!!

Just for everyone, I got two letters from them. One, just for I-131 and the other for i765 and I-131 both together. So Seems like it’s a combo card. However there is one paragraph on the approval notice that I don’t understand. So please help me to clarify that:

“If you have a pending I-485:

if you have a pending I-485, you may request to change employers if your form I-485 has been pending for atleast 180 days. In order to do so, you need to submit documentation about your new job offer. For more information on how to request a change of employers and what information you just submit, please visit uscis website.” 

Does this apply to family based c(9) employment authorization applicant? Do I need to tell uscis when I get a job and where I get it and if I switch employers? What if I have multiple employers as in side jobs etc etc? Please clarify, thanks!  

I got the same thing but read the part you are confused about again. 

It says if you have an I140 AND a pending I485....

I140 is a petition for alien worker. Does not apply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.