Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
21 hours ago, Amit M said:

Hey, your message compelled me to check my status cuz my noa1 is December 18th, 2018. For GC app, it says case is ready to be scheduled which has been there for over a month but my EAD status says the below (in the photo) even tho no AP status change. I filed EAD and AP together tho.

What in the world does this mean? Is the below an error? Cuz on uscis case status website it shows my new card is ordered but under my uscis account there is no such update and also uscis is processing applications from September 2018 for the apps sent to NBC. So I’m soooooo confused. I understand things could be random but this is out of the blue super crazy random IF IT IS TRUE.

Ps: This is not to discourage anyone who is in the same process. I’m scratching my head cuz this doesn’t look real and hard to believe.

8E9A30BF-F392-452D-BCF3-B8BDB00BB9F0.jpeg

3817A188-E0A7-4144-9056-7EC9298D7E86.jpeg

Hi there,

This happened to me as well. The EAD case suddenly changed to "new card is being produced" like yours did. One week later I received the combo card in the mail! Between the "new card being produced" update and receiving the card in the mail, both the EAD and AP cases had a few status updates on both websites.

/Cheers

6 minutes ago, KCNAP said:

Hi everyone!

First time poster here but longtime follower. I've been thankful to see everyone's encouraging posts and timeline data while waiting for the K1 and AOS. For the sake of everyone still waiting for case updates, I thought I'd share my data as well. PS it does seem like the Lawrence, MA office is unusually efficient, so don't be discouraged if this was faster than the average timeline. I know any amount of waiting feels like forever when it comes to visas!

19-Dec-18

I-485, I-765 and I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

20-Dec-18

Packet with applications received in Chicago

24-Dec-18

Received txt notifications that cases were received; myaccount.uscis site: status now "Case Received" for I-485, I-765 and I-131 (NOA1 Date)

15-Jan-19

Biometrics appointment in Lawrence, MA

23-Jan-19

egov.uscis site: case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 

28-Mar-19

egov.uscis site: case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled", EAD (I-765) changed to "New Card Being Produced"

29-Mar-19

myaccount.uscis site: "Case Approved" for both AP and EAD, and "Interview was scheduled" for AOS

1-Apr-19

Received 3 letters in the mail saying AP approved, EAD/AP card being mailed, and AOS interview will be May 2, 2019

4-Apr-19

EAD/AP combo card received in mail (process took 100 days from "Case Received" to card-in-hand; case not expedited)

2-May-19

AOS Interview (Lawrence, MA)

Very similar timeline to me! same field office too :)

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

11 minutes ago, KCNAP said:

Hi everyone!

First time poster here but longtime follower. I've been thankful to see everyone's encouraging posts and timeline data while waiting for the K1 and AOS. For the sake of everyone still waiting for case updates, I thought I'd share my data as well. PS it does seem like the Lawrence, MA office is unusually efficient, so don't be discouraged if this was faster than the average timeline. I know any amount of waiting feels like forever when it comes to visas!

19-Dec-18

I-485, I-765 and I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

20-Dec-18

Packet with applications received in Chicago

24-Dec-18

Received txt notifications that cases were received; myaccount.uscis site: status now "Case Received" for I-485, I-765 and I-131 (NOA1 Date)

15-Jan-19

Biometrics appointment in Lawrence, MA

23-Jan-19

egov.uscis site: case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 

28-Mar-19

egov.uscis site: case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled", EAD (I-765) changed to "New Card Being Produced"

29-Mar-19

myaccount.uscis site: "Case Approved" for both AP and EAD, and "Interview was scheduled" for AOS

1-Apr-19

Received 3 letters in the mail saying AP approved, EAD/AP card being mailed, and AOS interview will be May 2, 2019

4-Apr-19

EAD/AP combo card received in mail (process took 100 days from "Case Received" to card-in-hand; case not expedited)

2-May-19

AOS Interview (Lawrence, MA)

Did you expedite your I765?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Bic said:

whats happening with the Brooklyn office.......... the wait is stressful

I hope I am wrong but I hear the Brooklyn and Manhattan offices are much slower than Queens.

The USCIS site shows 9.5 to 22.5 months for Queens but shows 20.5 to 30.5 months for Brooklyn.

Again I hope that timeline is way way off.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone gone from "Case received" to getting their EAD without getting the "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"?? Still no change in my status at all =/

7 minutes ago, hedda.gabler said:

Has anyone gone from "Case received" to getting their EAD without getting the "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"?? Still no change in my status at all =/

The I485 and I765/I131 processes are seperate.

The CRTBS status only reflects the I485 and has no relevance on the I765/I131 applications.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The I485 and I765/I131 processes are seperate.

The CRTBS status only reflects the I485 and has no relevance on the I765/I131 applications.

Huh. Even my fingerprinting still just says "fingerprint fee received" without any other updates. My biometrics appt was Jan 18!

5 minutes ago, hedda.gabler said:

Huh. Even my fingerprinting still just says "fingerprint fee received" without any other updates. My biometrics appt was Jan 18!

That's normal.

EAD/AP will likely not change until you either get and RFE/RFIE or "New Card Being Produced". That takes 5 to 7 months. They are currently still processing September with October just starting in full swing this week. 

I485 can sit at "Case Received" or "Fingerprints etc" for months and months (or years) depending on your local field office. 

Do you know what your local field office is? 

Have you looked up the processing times on USCIS processing times website for an estimate for your I485?

My I485 says "fingerprints etc" too and my biometrics was Nov 23rd. My LFO takes 13 to 26 months.

Do you get it now?

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's normal.

EAD/AP will likely not change until you either get and RFE/RFIE or "New Card Being Produced". That takes 5 to 7 months. They are currently still processing September with October just starting in full swing this week. 

I485 can sit at "Case Received" or "Fingerprints etc" for months and months (or years) depending on your local field office. 

Do you know what your local field office is? 

Have you looked up the processing times on USCIS processing times website for an estimate for your I485?

Thanks 😃

Yeah, my field office is Denver. Their processing times have actually been getting faster, 7.5mos on the low end. 

My TN visa expires mid-May, I'm reeeeeeaaaaaally hoping to get my EAD before then. 

1 minute ago, hedda.gabler said:

Thanks 😃

Yeah, my field office is Denver. Their processing times have actually been getting faster, 7.5mos on the low end. 

My TN visa expires mid-May, I'm reeeeeeaaaaaally hoping to get my EAD before then. 

VJ reports April 22nd to May 7th for your EAD with VJ timelines running on the short side in my research. You may have to wait a bit longer for that.

Timeline

Thank you for your help @K1visaHopeful!

I'm freaked out with not having any updates at all, even after biometrics... And super hoping I don't have to take a leave of absence from work since my husband is sick and we really need my income!

My lawyer advised against us filing an expedite against my petition, saying that he rarely sees them approved and that USCIS doesn't like people jumping lines... Even though my husband has a legitimate illness (leukemia) and we can (as far as I can tell) prove that my income would be necessary. I think I'm just over-stressing! 

20 minutes ago, hedda.gabler said:

I'm freaked out with not having any updates at all, even after biometrics... And super hoping I don't have to take a leave of absence from work since my husband is sick and we really need my income!

My lawyer advised against us filing an expedite against my petition, saying that he rarely sees them approved and that USCIS doesn't like people jumping lines... Even though my husband has a legitimate illness (leukemia) and we can (as far as I can tell) prove that my income would be necessary. I think I'm just over-stressing! 

Best wishes to your husband!

Hopefully you will have a case update soon

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

44 minutes ago, hedda.gabler said:

Your lawyer is not correct. 

Expedite it. You definitely have a valid reason of financial hardship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Did you expedite your I765?

We did not expedite the EAD or AP applications (as mentioned in the table). My husband did have a previous work authorization after college in 2016 (which expired in 2017).. not sure if that had any influence on his new card this time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.