Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Amit M said:

1) I applied for my AoS along with EAD and AP and received noa1 on December 18. I had my bio in January and now for AoS it says that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. I’m not expecting an interview until October 2020 cuz that’s how the processing time it shows online. Am I correct for thinking that? 

When you get an interview is based on the processing times of your Local Field Office and luck. So yes, monitor your LFOs processing times online.

2) Originally I had sent my package to Chicago lockbox. I have heard two things that AoS is processed at NBC whereas EAD and AP are sent to Nebraska. Is that correct?

No

If it is then am I checking my processing time for EAD and AP thru Nebraska or nbc cuz my case number starts with MSC. If EAD and AP are not sent to Nebraska then are they processed at NBC as well? 

All three forms are sent from the Chicago Lockbox to the National Benefits Centre in MO for family based AOS applications.

I765 and I131 are processed there entirely (currently at 5 to 7 months). You will check NBC for I765 and I131.

I485 is initially processed there and then sent to your LFO for it to wait in line for an interview. You will check your LFO for I485. You cannot track its processing time for the phase when it's at the NBC.

3) I’m noticing that uscis processing keeps going backwards. They were processing September 26th a month a half ago and then went back to the beginning of the September and now as of last week after reaching September 20, they went back to September 4. Does anyone know what that means? Why are they going backwards to

Because they arent done with September yet. They have found more September boxes to process so of course they would have to move the service enquiry date back.

11 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Just remember that at this point I’m still checking timeline thinking that EAD and AP are at NBC

Which is correct IF you are a family based adjustment applicant. Not sure who the fool was who told you a family based EAD/AP were processed in Nebraska? Is it possible they are not a family based or is it possible you are not family based and have not disclosed that either making everything I've posted above irrelevant to your situation? 

There are many adjustment categories in this forum, remember that when posting.

Please help!!

8 minutes ago, decfiler said:

Haha! I also received an earlier estimate of my AP and EAD. but who knows right! We must all think positive 

Hoping for the best, but preparing for the.. well you know:) 

Hi December folx! Just checking in with some positive vibes for your Tuesday :) Don't let all those January filers' approvals get you down...the process is random, and some day soon it'll randomly be our turn! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

Hi December folx! Just checking in with some positive vibes for your Tuesday :) Don't let all those January filers' approvals get you down...the process is random, and some day soon it'll randomly be our turn! 

What? Omg January is getting approved 😫. I’m here in day 125 and nothing. I hate them😫😫

1 minute ago, QueensNY said:

What? Omg January is getting approved 😫. I’m here in day 125 and nothing. I hate them😫😫

Lol that backfired! I'm day 120 today, but don't forget the September, October, AND November filers who are still waiting too. 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
38 minutes ago, QueensNY said:

You can't hate them all. Because I think some approvals are due to expedition😃. NBC is to blame if approvals are done randomly. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Bluewaters said:

You can't hate them all. Because I think some approvals are due to expedition😃. NBC is to blame if approvals are done randomly. 

Lol yes let me be clear. I don’t hate the filers I was referring to USCIS 😂

Dont forget, it also depends on the field office... i understand how unfair it looks to see someone processed before you when they filed AFTER your date

Im still surprised how quick i got my interview scheduled, so surprised that im worried about the evidence we have due to no SSN & not working as no EAD 

I hope i will be okay.

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

[Florida Drive License - no EAD, SSN and GC need]

Folks, I am here to tell my history and maybe can help others.

I went at Tampa's DMV on January to apply for my DL, since I have heard that I might could get it.  However, the officer told me that in order to get a Florida DL is needed either EAD (or approval letter) or CG plus the SSN. So, I gave up.

Time has passed, and I heard again from another AOS's filler friend of mine that this person was able to get the DL without EAD, SSN or GC. So, I decided give another shot and try it again. However, in this time I went in different location (Tampa area there are many offices) and brought with me all documents (all notices letters from USCIS, my husband passport and mine, his certificate of naturalization, proof of address, certificate of marriage registration, I-94 ~ even it was expired, was necessary ~ and TLSAE certificate number ~ if you have a foreign DL, just bring it and no TLSAE is needed) (make sure to bring  the original of all documents, some documents I brought simple copy and I could finish the process until I show the original). And then, I was able to take those test and get the DL.

End of the history, we (AOS's fillers) can get Florida DL when we are waiting for the EAD and GC. Just make sure to bring all those document in original and explained well your situation with documents. I think, in the first time I got a bad officer and, on top of that, I did not have all those documents.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Edgar Sousa272 said:

[Florida Drive License - no EAD, SSN and GC need]

Folks, I am here to tell my history and maybe can help others.

I went at Tampa's DMV on January to apply for my DL, since I have heard that I might could get it.  However, the officer told me that in order to get a Florida DL is needed either EAD (or approval letter) or CG plus the SSN. So, I gave up.

Time has passed, and I heard again from another AOS's filler friend of mine that this person was able to get the DL without EAD, SSN or GC. So, I decided give another shot and try it again. However, in this time I went in different location (Tampa area there are many offices) and brought with me all documents (all notices letters from USCIS, my husband passport and mine, his certificate of naturalization, proof of address, certificate of marriage registration, I-94 ~ even it was expired, was necessary ~ and TLSAE certificate number ~ if you have a foreign DL, just bring it and no TLSAE is needed) (make sure to bring  the original of all documents, some documents I brought simple copy and I could finish the process until I show the original). And then, I was able to take those test and get the DL.

End of the history, we (AOS's fillers) can get Florida DL when we are waiting for the EAD and GC. Just make sure to bring all those document in original and explained well your situation with documents. I think, in the first time I got a bad officer and, on top of that, I did not have all those documents.

Congrats! Nice to have a real local ID hahahaha. The state of NJ should copy and follow suit!

After three attempts at a DL and state ID I had to wait for EAD. Nice to know. 

9 minutes ago, DA91450 said:

Interview 3/15, got an RFE that day without the officer telling us.

No RFE in mail for 25 days. Contacted Congresswoman and Lawyer who sent email inquiry to local USCIS office last week.

No email from either one . 

Today, Case updated, new card in production .

Thank the Lord!!

There was no RFE!!! It was an eerror. We are done with USCIS for at least 2 years! Good luck to all. W hat a complicated journey from K1 - > AOS. Did not even got EAD/AP approval yet.

Waiting for card now. How long will take ?

Congrats! Does it even matter how long?:)) USPS works pretty fast. Expect in 5-10 days from the date they send it:) 

39 minutes ago, DA91450 said:

Interview 3/15, got an RFE that day without the officer telling us.

No RFE in mail for 25 days. Contacted Congresswoman and Lawyer who sent email inquiry to local USCIS office last week.

No email from either one . 

Today, Case updated, new card in production .

Thank the Lord!!

There was no RFE!!! It was an eerror. We are done with USCIS for at least 2 years! Good luck to all. W hat a complicated journey from K1 - > AOS. Did not even got EAD/AP approval yet.

Waiting for card now. How long will take ?

Congratulations!!!!

You will probably have the card within 1 week, from what i've read of other peoples timelines on here.

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.