Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

100 K1 filers per month report on VJ and that is an accurate representation of all K1 filers when there are anywhere from 1000 to 4500 K1 applicants per week day per month?

Ie. on my Noa1 date from last year there were over 3800 K1 filers from Nov 17th alone.

Where are you getting that from? Because I'm 100% certain that's wrong. There were 28,662 K visas (total, so including K-2s and the handful of K-3/K-4s actually issued) issued in FY2018. And the overwhelming majority of petitions lead to an issued visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableXVII.pdf

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Where are you getting that from? Because I'm 100% certain that's wrong. There were 28,662 K visas (total, so including K-2s and the handful of K-3/K-4s actually issued) issued in FY2018. And the overwhelming majority of petitions lead to an issued visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableXVII.pdf

My info came from the members who were doing the scans of K1s for my filing month back then. I'm not sure where they sourced their numbers from but they posted daily totals for I129f petitions filed per day of the month. My date was over 3800 I129F petitions. Let me see if I can find it.

41 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My info came from the members who were doing the scans of K1s for my filing month back then. I'm not sure where they sourced their numbers from but they posted daily totals for I129f petitions filed per day of the month. My date was over 3800 I129F petitions. Let me see if I can find it.

I cant find it for the gawd damned life of me but I've been searching ever since I posted. I'll try again later lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi!
Swung by from Jan 2019 AOS filers to say hi!
Gonna give my 2cents on EAD/AP. It seems to me that they want to get over with december, Jan ASAP to move back (the better direction lol) the processing times on the website, even though it was moved to 5-7months now, some people on Jan already had their EAD/AP's approved, which is well below the average time. But at the same time some people are still waiting from october...

My idea is that Dec/Jan is the least busiest months and they want to get them processed first thing, to "sort of" catch up with what coming up from March and there on. I'm NOA Jan 31st so i should be the last of my pack to be updated with anything lol

Hang on tight, approvals coming soon. Stay positive and busy. Cheers!

oh and @K1visaHopeful i never realized you're Dec filer. Glad to see you here!

4 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Hi!
Gonna give my 2cents on EAD/AP. It seems to me that they want to get over with december, Jan ASAP to move back (the better direction lol) the processing times on the website, even though it was moved to 5-7months now, some people on Jan already had their EAD/AP's approved, which is well below the average time. But at the same time some people are still waiting from october...

My idea is that Dec/Jan is the least busiest months and they want to get them processed first thing, to "sort of" catch up with what coming up from March and there on. I'm NOA Jan 31st so i should be the last of my pack to be updated with anything lol

Nope I'm October. Still no EAD. And September is still waiting for approvals. Some at day 190+.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, PaulMac said:

Hi!

Definite wishful thinking! Some may be lucky to get their EAD's super quick. On the other hand, some don't always disclose they have applied for an expedite-so it can be hard to judge. VJ is only a small pool in timelines. 

I think with increasing their processing times they've recognized there's a problem in that too many are getting left behind. November isn't even in full swing yet, same for October and even when I fiddle with numbers there's a good number from September still waiting. I don't think there's a "less busy month" in the grand scheme of things. Day 132 and nothing-although I'm a late Nov filer 11/23. 

But your right- staying positive is key! :) 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
31 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Definite wishful thinking! Some may be lucky to get their EAD's super quick. On the other hand, some don't always disclose they have applied for an expedite-so it can be hard to judge. VJ is only a small pool in timelines. 

I think with increasing their processing times they've recognized there's a problem in that too many are getting left behind. November isn't even in full swing yet, same for October and even when I fiddle with numbers there's a good number from September still waiting. I don't think there's a "less busy month" in the grand scheme of things. Day 132 and nothing-although I'm a late Nov filer 11/23. 

But your right- staying positive is key! :) 

Less busy i mean that there are more holidays than any other time of the year. New Year, Christmas, Thanksgiving and such. Additionally, i saw somewhere the trends of the K-1's, AoS and other petitions and applications, it seemed like those months has slightly lower numbers of applications. Even i sent off I-129f on '18 march thinking late August marriage. Things came out differently lol. 

All we can do is just speculate, unless someone pops in from USCIS and tells us how it really is (like it happened years ago in here!). 

But generally i think people are applying somewhat expecting for marriage in the summer/spring. And people generally have tons of things going on during holiday season (me included, hence late Jan filing) and pushing back fillings after holidays.

But yes, i'm still being optimistic and understanding with USCIS. Tons of work, with arguable amount of workforce. It is what it is..

Edited by PaulMac

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Does anyone know about how long it should take to send the notice of appointment date once it says online that it's ready to be scheduled? As of March 19th ours has been ready, but we haven't received any mail. I tried to call, but there are no options to speak with someone about it (that I heard). I sent an email to ask about it, but it said they would reply by April 24th. I just don't want to miss this appointment. 

5 minutes ago, Irehc said:

Does anyone know about how long it should take to send the notice of appointment date once it says online that it's ready to be scheduled? As of March 19th ours has been ready, but we haven't received any mail. I tried to call, but there are no options to speak with someone about it (that I heard). I sent an email to ask about it, but it said they would reply by April 24th. I just don't want to miss this appointment. 

Ready to be scheduled just means it is now waiting in line at your local field office. Processing times will be dependent on that LFO and could take a few months to a few years.

The status message that is important is "Interview has been scheduled". Until then you wont really know.

Until the service enquiry date on the USCIS processing times website for your LFO has passed, making a service enquiry will be fruitless as you are still within normal processing times.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
46 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Less busy i mean that there are more holidays than any other time of the year. New Year, Christmas, Thanksgiving and such. Additionally, i saw somewhere the trends of the K-1's, AoS and other petitions and applications, it seemed like those months has slightly lower numbers of applications. Even i sent off I-129f on '18 march thinking late August marriage. Things came out differently lol. 

All we can do is just speculate, unless someone pops in from USCIS and tells us how it really is (like it happened years ago in here!). 

But generally i think people are applying somewhat expecting for marriage in the summer/spring. And people generally have tons of things going on during holiday season (me included, hence late Jan filing) and pushing back fillings after holidays.

But yes, i'm still being optimistic and understanding with USCIS. Tons of work, with arguable amount of workforce. It is what it is..

I know what you meant prior and yeah I do agree. My VJ timeline has dramatically decreased, predicting I may hear something from this Tuesday/Wednesday (I think) onwards until April 23rd... Speculation is all that's keeping me going. I'm not holding out too much with my timeline to avoid disappointment and it's a given that it's only a prediction. I'll stand corrected if I hear something during that time but I'm really hoping for something this month. Here's hoping anyhow :) 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
52 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Ready to be scheduled just means it is now waiting in line at your local field office. Processing times will be dependent on that LFO and could take a few months to a few years.

The status message that is important is "Interview has been scheduled". Until then you wont really know.

Until the service enquiry date on the USCIS processing times website for your LFO has passed, making a service enquiry will be fruitless as you are still within normal processing times.

Thank you! That makes sense and I'm glad we arent missing anything. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stan_the_man said:

Just received a notification that the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" Very excited!!, I know this doesn't mean that the interview has been scheduled but if the tread continues the way it has been for the past few months at my local field office (Boise) they might schedule the interview within 2 days.  fingers crossed!! :) 

I guess I will soon hear some good news as well. Keep me posted. I am also at Boise field office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.