Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jeb said:

Does everyone get a conditional green card for being married less than two years??

Yes. And then you will have to apply for ROC at the 2 year (*minus 90 days) anniversary of issuance of your 2yr CPR card in order to get your 10 yr LPR card. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jeb said:

After having my green card interview last Thursday March 21,I received an email and text yesterday that my green card was mailed. So it took just 3 months from filing AOS ! I should have it by the end of the week. Now to get a drivers license here in NC . Does everyone get a conditional green card for being married less than two years??

Congratulations for getting the Green Card only in 91 days!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok! So then you file that paperwork and pay for a ten year card. What about citizenship? Can you apply at same time or have to wait longer?

You can apply for citizenship after 2 years and 9 months after you received your first greencard, so no, you have to apply for ROC first. You have to apply for ROC in 1 year and 9 months, citizenship in 2 year and 9 months if it based on marriage to US citizen.

About driver licence, go to DMV website and check info there, every state has different rules. 

Guys, I always been wondering, if the case status didnt change since uscis received it, does it mean that they didnt even start to review it yet? I mean I am curious at what stage uscis is revieving your case? After they scheduled an interview or before? Did they supposed to check if everything is right with documents before they will schedule an interview? 

3 hours ago, AnJay said:

Guys, I always been wondering, if the case status didnt change since uscis received it, does it mean that they didnt even start to review it yet? I mean I am curious at what stage uscis is revieving your case? After they scheduled an interview or before? Did they supposed to check if everything is right with documents before they will schedule an interview? 

Once you get "case is ready to be scheduled" status for the I485 that means the NBC is done processing it. It will then be sent to your LFO to sit in line to wait for the interview. Once you get the "interview has been scheduled" status it means that you have made it to the front of the line at your LFO and they will send you the interview appt letter soon.

16 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Once you get "case is ready to be scheduled" status for the I485 that means the NBC is done processing it. It will then be sent to your LFO to sit in line to wait for the interview. Once you get the "interview has been scheduled" status it means that you have made it to the front of the line at your LFO and they will send you the interview appt letter soon.

Thanks, you always are very helpful! 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I just checked the old website and it says "case is ready to be scheduled" I know it will still be a wait after this. I heard from friends that it still took them months before actually getting an interview, but thank God for the update, really helps lessen anxiety LOL, I wish everyone for updates on their cases as well

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey guys,

Congratulations to all that had their interview scheduled. Yay.

Mine unfortunately is still "Fingerprint Fee Was Received".

I have a random question about the travel document, I just looked at the one I sent because I was sending it to a friend that is going through the same process and I noticed that on the form I-131 I put the wrong phone number for my daytime phone number. Is this a problem? Should I Call USCIS?

On the other forms, cover letters (also I-131 cover letter) and g-1145 i put the right number.

Thank you so much. 

Have a great day! :)

1 minute ago, Gamisha said:

Hey guys,

Congratulations to all that had their interview scheduled. Yay.

Mine unfortunately is still "Fingerprint Fee Was Received".

I have a random question about the travel document, I just looked at the one I sent because I was sending it to a friend that is going through the same process and I noticed that on the form I-131 I put the wrong phone number for my daytime phone number. Is this a problem? Should I Call USCIS?

On the other forms, cover letters (also I-131 cover letter) and g-1145 i put the right number.

Thank you so much. 

Have a great day! :)

You could call and ask them to update it but it's not really that big of a deal. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
23 hours ago, yuni_yuni said:

Dear All,

for anyone who already got job offer,

how do you find the job and how you explain that you are still waiting for the work authorization?

do you put that information on your Cover letter or Resume?

Hey, 

I didn't get a job offer but on Monday I had an interview and what I did was: I didn't put in my resume (kinda impossible) or my cover letter that I didn't have the EAD yet. But when They called me to schedule the interview I told them that I didn't have the EAD yet, but there was this possibility of expedition. Asked them if they still wanted to proceed with the interview and they said yes.

And during the interview we discussed it further. I explained that I applied in December and it is supposed to come in May, but if they decided I was the right fit for the job, with a job offer I could apply for the expedition, which according to my sources it can takes 2-4 weeks. And I also said that I just barely started to look for jobs and I didn't expect an interview so soon (in fact I applied for this job on Tuesday and they called me on Thursday to schedule the interview).

I don't think that I will get the job, also because they want to fill in asap. But they were pretty satisfied with my explanation.

I hope I was helpful.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my green card today! 6 days after interview! Speedy fast! I’m impressed! I got my green card before the EAD! I’m not complaining! Good luck to everyone on your AOS journey! So now I don’t have to do anything for 21 months until I apply to ROC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 hours ago, AnJay said:

You can apply for citizenship after 2 years and 9 months after you received your first greencard, so no, you have to apply for ROC first. You have to apply for ROC in 1 year and 9 months, citizenship in 2 year and 9 months if it based on marriage to US citizen.

About driver licence, go to DMV website and check info there, every state has different rules. 

I'm curious. ROC processing times show 14 to 19 months. So I won't get ROC approved by the time I can apply for citizenship in 2 y and 9 mo. Can we apply regardless or need to wait for ROC? In that case, it looks like  1 year and 9 months + 19 months + 15 months for naturalization = about 4,5 years total ☹️

1 hour ago, stacyt said:

I'm curious. ROC processing times show 14 to 19 months. So I won't get ROC approved by the time I can apply for citizenship in 2 y and 9 mo. Can we apply regardless or need to wait for ROC? In that case, it looks like  1 year and 9 months + 19 months + 15 months for naturalization = about 4,5 years total ☹️

You can apply for Citizenship once you hit 2 yrs 9 months. What usually happens though is they combine both your petitions together and hold the ROC approval and approve the N400 first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.